Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazorexplosion View Post
    Organized raiding should have all the best gear and also all the cosmetics that way there's absolutely no reason to stick around and do the casual content if you're a casual HEY WHERE DID THE POPULATION GO!??
    I know that it's one less thing that I have access to, so I get to unsub sooner. Saving time and money is awesome. Thanks Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Do you understand how fucking stupid this statement is? Not only is nobody "forced", because it's literally just for a skin and has no bearing whatsoever on playing the rest of the expansion, but if it were the case that no quest should ever take a player out of their comfort zone, then there would be no quests in the game.
    Your elitist oppression is triggering me. Blizzard should change their entire game to cater to my specific anti-social playstyle.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Do you understand how fucking stupid this statement is? Not only is nobody "forced", because it's literally just for a skin and has no bearing whatsoever on playing the rest of the expansion, but if it were the case that no quest should ever take a player out of their comfort zone, then there would be no quests in the game.
    if you want to finish suramar yes you are forced to, and its still part of the lore. also there being no quest in the game makes no sense cause ITS A FUCKING RPG WHICH ALL REVOLVE AROUND QUESTS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I know that it's one less thing that I have access to, so I get to unsub sooner. Saving time and money is awesome. Thanks Blizzard.
    You won't unsub, we all know it. Keep paying Blizzard your sub money and feed that addiction.

I mean, if it was just a game, you'd already be playing something that meets your entertainment needs. But it's not.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2 months or less it'll be very easily accessible in pugs, probably with more success rates than an LFR run. You don't need to start it the first week, it's a cosmetic reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    You won't unsub, we all know it. Keep paying Blizzard your sub money and feed that addiction.

I mean, if it was just a game, you'd already be playing something that meets your entertainment needs. But it's not.
    I often wonder if somewhere deep down inside the developers feel exactly as the above.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

It meets my entertainment needs just fine, actually. You can believe what you want, far be it from me to tell you what to believe, but when I run out of things that I want to do in WoW I unsub until a content patch comes along that looks entertaining. I've played that way since Cata. The only time I'd ever consider myself a WoW addict was from Vanilla through the first half of Cata when I raided and participated in that extremely unhealthy lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Imagine if the artifact chain required you to achieve a certain arena rating. People would go mental.
    Well you do have the appearance you need to prestige for, so it's not like there isn't one behind pvp as well. BUT that pvp is queable so the pve one should be allowable in lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're lucky you can even see raid content as a casual anyways (if you even want to call it that). LFR shouldn't even exist. Count your blessings.

Deleted
    Sorry, try again. I play more than 1 hour a day. Stay salty.
    Yeah, I'm the salty one. Remind me again, who's crying they can't get some skins from LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    You're lucky you can even see raid content as a casual anyways (if you even want to call it that). LFR shouldn't even exist. Count your blessings.
    And I imagine a Blizzard developer at one point harboring the exact same thought as well but with the added tangential thought gawd if only we didnt need their filthy casual money...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    if you want to finish suramar yes you are forced to, and its still part of the lore. also there being no quest in the game makes no sense cause ITS A FUCKING RPG WHICH ALL REVOLVE AROUND QUESTS
    I can tell you fundamentally don't understand the implication of what you wrote, so I implore you to go back and re-read it and then think about it in a broader sense. I'm not here to spoon feed you.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-09-28 at 04:11 AM.

You do realize the reward of that Artifact Quest is a cosmetic skin, right? There's nothing mandatory that comes out of it. Make a Normal group for EN just like you made a premade group for Mythic dungeons that were required earlier in the same questline. You should be grateful they even put tier sets & trinkets back into LFR.

Yeah, I'm the salty one. Remind me again, who's crying they can't get some skins from LFR?
    Yeah, you're the one crying about them crying about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I often wonder if somewhere deep down inside the developers feel exactly as the above.
    Devs? No. Probably not.

Senior management? Yes. Your addiction keeps costs low while paying for their third holiday home. You'll complain loudly and threaten to leave, but they make a calculated assumption that you are too addicted.

They even kind of admitted it. They stated they won't "save players from themselves".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You do realize the reward of that Artifact Quest is a cosmetic skin, right? There's nothing mandatory that comes out of it. Make a Normal group for EN just like you made a premade group for Mythic dungeons that were required earlier in the same questline. You should be grateful they even put tier sets & trinkets back into LFR.
    They want it all without the difficulty.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devs? No. Probably not.

Senior management? Yes. Your addiction keeps costs low while paying for their third holiday home. You'll complain loudly and threaten to leave, but they make a calculated assumption that you are too addicted.

They even kind of admitted it. They stated they won't "save players from themselves".
    Those steady sub decreases for the last several years sure show that players are addicted and don't quit when they say they will!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Yeah, you're the one crying about them crying about it...
    Ah, that old chestnut. You got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    If the developers want to insist on trying to engineer participation in content they think is far more worthy this is a far more subtle way of doing it. At the very least your less likely to leave people cheesed off. It will still be exclusive to NM+ raiders for a short time. Also have the added bonus of making it more accessible for alts as well.
    depends on the number of alts as legion is highly alt-unfriendly, i dont have enough time to progress all 6 of my tanks let alone all 12 of my chars, nor do i want to raid on some *cough monk cough*, though honestly im only focusing on 2 chars its pretty easy to do, but with my luck it will be cancer like the books for legendary ring in WoD, which i finished in 3 clears on my main and 11 clears on my alt which i feel is pretty stupid cause that in turned slowed down my ring progression to the point where i said fuck it and stopped playing that character all together

and im all for them trying to make people participate, but some people are just so ignorant/rude it makes me think its not worth. LFR is a joke, but it doesnt explain shit so when people who i will just call, super casual, that dont research fights, dont care about rotation, etc join, so those people hold everyone else back and get yelled at thus making them not want to participate, helli had a tank in heroic VH yell at me for not killing the slimes on the rotgut boss because he wasnt walking over them so he was just wasting the groups time because everyone always did the mechanics for him.

the game wants to make things more casual friendly and what not, but does nothing to force/teach people how to actually do the content, which normal/LFR should be used for

Not anything new. You couldnt get the WoD non-LFR mogs in LFR either.

Deleted
    Those steady sub decreases for the last several years sure show that players are addicted and don't quit when they say they will!
    All because they took rewards from LFR, in your mind, I'm sure.