Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    we bring the dk in our groups and runs for example in Mythic + dungeons

for chains of ice kiting on mobs with +6 bolstering while range and melee nuke it down.

grip to move mobs from pats.

Army of the dead aoe taunting in hairy situations.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    most people play the simpleton spec and hate unholy so its no surprise there isnt a ton of noise

i can post this on the US forums for you if you would like
    Just you know...If they killed the MG build...Frost is actually harder to play than the current iteration of unholy. Unholy just has minor management.

However, they said DKs lack mobility but should feel strong when on target....In either DPS spec I do not feel strong on the target. A rogue feels like fast forward compared to my DK and does more damage on top of it...On top of other classes with much better mobility...We need one of three things to compensate for the lack of mobility...A)damage, B) defensives or C) Healing. We have none of those.

I'm kind of at the point where I'm wondering why I did this to myself again...I kept saying not going to level my DK if it's going to be another expansion like the last three. I knew I should've leveled my shaman first...but the lore behind this class is just too good for me...I honestly hope they fix both specs for 7.1 or I'm probably walking away.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-09-28 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Army of the dead aoe taunting in hairy situations.
    Army taunting no longer exists. Considering how important it is to Unholy dps it would be horrible if they still taunted considering they're up like 60% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You are assuming way too much without any evidence. I am 858-861 and i do my part in every mythic+ and our raids. I am simply saying many other classes can do better. I cannot really see what we are paying all our lacking mobility for.

Blizzard said they stripped it so that when we got close we would be death machines, however are are merely even with most other classes in other aspects, making us simply immobile.

Mobilty is both DPS and raid mechanic effectiveness. Soaking Xavius pools, getting in and out with rot stacks, Elerethe poison/tornadoes and her wind ability, getting in and out of Il'gynoth and swapping from one side to the other, getting faster around in mythic+ to beat timers and the dungeon mechanics

All this and much more require mobility, and if not, some sort of huge thing to make it up for. We do have our rune pool system, but i dont think that is enough when our sustained DPS can be matched by others with more mobility.

And this does not even explain why the same before mentioned classes also have the upper hand CC-wise. Please argue why what i am saying is wrong, instead of trying to senselessly argue about my skill-level without any proof.
    Put wraith walk on your bars. If you need burst mobility more often than every 45 seconds you're doing something really wrong or are just unlucky.

Every class experience bad luck streaks when it comes to moving out of something.

Overall it sounds like you're a FotM roller that is sour because you picked the wrong class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    most people play the simpleton spec and hate unholy so its no surprise there isnt a ton of noise

i can post this on the US forums for you if you would like

Yes please, we need to start a conversation asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Army taunting no longer exists. Considering how important it is to Unholy dps it would be horrible if they still taunted considering they're up like 60% of the time.
    sometimes that could be good bolstering killing the adds.

also its good to have the extra dps on the adds.

i didnt realise army taunt had left.

but there are other options like Strangulate silence, 10 second interupt. death grip, icey chains kiting.

multiple reasons.

dont look at the damage, and our dk is frost and does amazing.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    sometimes that could be good bolstering killing the adds.

also its good to have the extra dps on the adds.

i didnt realise army taunt had left.

but there are other options like Strangulate silence, 10 second interupt. death grip, icey chains kiting.

multiple reasons.

dont look at the damage, and our dk is frost and does amazing.
    Strangulate is a PvP Talent though.

But i see what you're saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    Lets be honest - there's no reason to bring anything other than a Hunter in a dps role.
    Barrage.

Only way to fix the DK are:
    Let go the "Slow juggernaut" meme (it's a meme, it's spewd around without any real meaning at this point and it's no longer funny) give us something thematic like as said before being fucking mounted in combat for +40% speed (druids can go kitten for 30% ffs.)
    Keep the "Slow juggernaut" meme and increase all DK damage by a flat 50%. Because if DK isn't top tier in patchwerk sims the "slow and hard to get into melee but powerful in melee" isn't being accomplished. Just 50% we're slow and shit to get into melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Overall it sounds like you're a FotM roller that is sour because you picked the wrong class.
    Argument invalidated.

Quote Originally Posted by Farsatar View Post
    Strangulate is a PvP Talent though.

But i see what you're saying
    sorry i didnt read up that these things were removed, but alas they still have a lot to bring.

sorry i didnt read up that these things were removed, but alas they still have a lot to bring.
    lol u haven't played with it and telling us that all is ok?
    Compare us with WW monks, DH, Rogues. Even enh is better, lol.

Deleted
    This is another thing I dont understand. Non DKs or player that only twink(ed dk some time ago)s join discussions regarding current problems telling us all is well. Why do you do that? Do you really think we imagine things? Please stop spreading misinformation, pretending we are okay or otherwise try to talk down our concerns.

i gotta say this is very frustrating, we have a raid group of 25 so people will be sitting the bench no matter what and i am fine with that, i parse regularly above 90th which is where about all our dps in the group are at but because of my spec i will be sitting out on nythendra progress and ursoc simply because i just don't deal enough ST to warrant bringing me over ret or rouges or ehance. We are not looking for world firsts were clearly not that good or as dedicated but i also don't like seeing myself in the middle of the pack or lower side of the dps when my parses are great and i even beat people % wise but not overall, it sucks because this spec is really fun to play

Deleted
    So I'm a DK in Danish Terrace. So far i've been benched for 2 bosses on mythic, along with out other dk. If you refuse to believe we're in a bad position. Just take that as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    So I'm a DK in Danish Terrace. So far i've been benched for 2 bosses on mythic, along with out other dk. If you refuse to believe we're in a bad position. Just take that as evidence.
    That sucks man. Feels like Siege all over again.

Deleted
    Thats sad, but why doesnt benched Midwinter their dks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenjing View Post
    Thats sad, but why doesnt benched Midwinter their dks?
    Because they're not that much into class stacking maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That sucks man. Feels like Siege all over again.
    Especially after all the time spent on splitruns and preparing for everything.

All I know is my salt mines are deeper than Kungen when he is nostalgic about Vanilla or Reynad when he gets beaten by RNG
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2016-09-28 at 04:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a joke right......a freaking Melee class bitching about ranged options????? The OP must be trolling, dude play an Ele shaman then complain You have over the top Damage, Plate (Survability) almost 100 percent up time and are not limited by movment...... sometimes people that post this shit make me just want to smack a wall face first to get rid of imparted stupidness.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Frost is actually harder to play than the current iteration of unholy. Unholy just has minor management.
    Less buttons, less debuffs, less pets, less cooldowns = easier.

Although Unholy isn't exactly Hard (it's easier than it's ever been and is pretty akin to 6.1 Frost), Frost is in the same training wheels category as Arms Warrior as far as "Which classes can I headbutt my keyboard and do near optimal dps with?".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    This is a joke right......a freaking Melee class bitching about ranged options????? The OP must be trolling, dude play an Ele shaman then complain You have over the top Damage, Plate (Survability) almost 100 percent up time and are not limited by movment...... sometimes people that post this shit make me just want to smack a wall face first to get rid of imparted stupidness.
    lolwut. In top end guilds, range is usually prioritised over Melee(unless they're rogues). If you aren't, it's because the melee are better raiders than you.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2016-09-28 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    lolwut. In top end guilds, range is usually prioritised over Melee. If you aren't, it's because the melee are better raiders than you.
    Rather odd then how the best guilds right now are all running double Unholy then, isn't it?

The 'cockblock' this tier is Il'gynoth- guess which class can make sure the ichor explosions hit the eye? Oh right, DKs. Everyone is still running with 6 Melee, just like last tier.