10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No tanks in overwatch are about staying in the front lines and allowing your team to kill stuff before they the other team gets close. Their is nothing semi tankish of Mei that allows her to stand in front of 2 or 3 people.
    This is absolutely incorrect.

If Roadhog tries that, he dies. FAST. Winston's shield won't last long enough for him to do so, either. D.va can manage it for a few seconds with Defensive Matrix, but that's it. And Zarya? Zarya's strength revolves around her bubbles, which REQUIRES that she only be targeted for a few seconds every cooldown, and can block the same for a single other hero.

You're describing Reinhardt, not tank heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is absolutely incorrect.

If Roadhog tries that, he dies. FAST. Winston's shield won't last long enough for him to do so, either. D.va can manage it for a few seconds with Defensive Matrix, but that's it. And Zarya? Zarya's strength revolves around her bubbles, which REQUIRES that she only be targeted for a few seconds every cooldown, and can block the same for a single other hero.

You're describing Reinhardt, not tank heroes.
    Your describing solo tanking situations, its a pretty standard and pushed to people's mind that going double tank is the way to go.

Any situation you just described gets countered by having 2 tanks (excluding maybe Winston teaming up with a non Rein). Even Roadhog, potentially the weakest negater of damages, isn't a opponent you want to stand to close to as a dps

In the end not sure what your arguing right now tbh, the difference in strength of the heros that got classified as ''tank''

And also at no point are you arguing against my original question in regards how bloody a Mei is a ''semi'' tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your describing solo tanking situations, its a pretty standard and pushed to people's mind that going double tank is the way to go.

Any situation you just described gets countered by having 2 tanks (excluding maybe Winston teaming up with a non Rein). Even Roadhog, potentially the weakest negater of damages, isn't a opponent you want to stand to close to as a dps

In the end not sure what your arguing right now tbh, the difference in strength of the heros that got classified as ''tank''

And also at no point are you arguing against my original question in regards how bloody a Mei is a ''semi'' tank.
    The point is that most tanks do not "stay in the front lines". A well-played D.va or Winston is likely to spend more time harassing the enemy and chasing down snipers. Roadhog is primarily a flanker/roamer, an opportunist. The only "front-line tanks" are Zarya and Reinhardt, really.

And when you consider what their purpose is, which is to block or mitigate incoming damage while remaining survivable enough to sustain themselves in those front lines, Mei comes pretty close. Hence why she's considered "tanky". She isn't a tank, and nobody was arguing that she was. But like Junkrat is a fairly offensive Defense hero, and Symmetra is a fairly Defensive Support hero, Mei is a fairly tanky Defense hero.

I just realized that Sombra is still not out lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The point is that most tanks do not "stay in the front lines". A well-played D.va or Winston is likely to spend more time harassing the enemy and chasing down snipers. Roadhog is primarily a flanker/roamer, an opportunist. The only "front-line tanks" are Zarya and Reinhardt, really.
    Yup. If I didn't boost into the Widow and make her day bad, I'd be a bad D.va. And if I didn't hide for at least a couple seconds while my defense matrix recharges, then I'm a dead D.va. (actually I'm not, I got pretty good at ducking and shooting out of the mech)

Deleted
    A few games away to claim top 500 this season as well.

Got pushed down into ELO hell where every group does whatever they want and doesn't want to play a comp at all (4 supports because why not?). Think I'm done for this season.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    and most likely wont get her till halloween.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Got pushed down into ELO hell where every group does whatever they want and doesn't want to play a comp at all (4 supports because why not?). Think I'm done for this season.
    What is "ELO hell" ? 2000? 1500?

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    What is "ELO hell" ? 2000? 1500?
    Anything less than ~2k I guess. After getting 10 matches in a row with leavers/non-team players I just can't do it anymore. Sad day when my QP teams are better organized than Comp teams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Anything less than ~2k I guess. After getting 10 matches in a row with leavers/non-team players I just can't do it anymore. Sad day when my QP teams are better organized than Comp teams.
    Wait until statsboreso logins and tells you it's all in your mind you are just shit....

I got to platinum finally.. Got a lucky run of games where I actually teams who work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Wait until statsboreso logins and tells you it's all in your mind you are just shit....
    Well you know some people will just be like that. I've just had a bad string of games that left a really bad taste in my mouth.
    I got to platinum finally.. Got a lucky run of games where I actually teams who work together.
    Grats on plat!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    She's at 0.35% completed I think.... Hype train derailed ages ago for what was interesting at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL Reinhart hammer and Symmetra beam goes through Mei wall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    She's at 0.35% completed I think
    65.1437% to be exact.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    TIL Reinhart hammer and Symmetra beam goes through Mei wall.
    A-Mei-Zing!

I'll see myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Symmetra beam goes through Mei wall.
    Really? It seems like it "attacks" the wall, friendly or otherwise. Lost more than a few battles because my L-click decided to channel Mei's wall and not the Zenyatta just next to it (yes I know, bad aim, fine )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Really? It seems like it "attacks" the wall, friendly or otherwise. Lost more than a few battles because my L-click decided to channel Mei's wall and not the Zenyatta just next to it (yes I know, bad aim, fine )
    I think what was happening was that my wall did not block the beam that was already targeting me.

Deleted
    Just hit lvl 85 hehe. Not playing much, and definitely not competitive yet, as I am not prepared for that yet.

Taking a break for a while, at least until some new content/fluff is added. FFXIV just released its latest patch so that's distracting me at the moment. I'm looking forward to the Symmetra changes in November though.