Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Destruction nowadays means get destroyed in dps rankings. Just go into raid with decent people and compare your 2 sec cast time damage spells to instants of melee while also remembering fact that they has lower gcd and do the math. Melee can output twice the damage of CB while you just casting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Dynamic shard income is your procs to react to, especially when you have immolate running on multiple targets.
    We already had that, Ember management has been a staple for the last two expansions (albeit devalued by CR), but procs and smart usage of CB during them was your bread and butter, all of your ember management was done in service of your burn phase. Now there's just ember management, any burn phase is just as necessitated by fight mechanics which is both something we had to do before and nothing to do with the spec really - it's entirely encounter dependent.

I also massively preffered the old resource management system that was transparent, more controlled and tied our filler into the rest of the spec as opposed to the new one, so if THAT is what's supposed to have replaced the old resource management AND playing around procs, I'm not going to be rating it very highly.

Yea, I would have to agree with OP's sentiment. I'm stuggling with the idea that my DPS might be shit (before buff at least) but then I realize that roughly half of our damage is chaos bolt which is a very long cast. Our DPS is great in the initial burst phase but levels off to shit because if we mis-time just one chaos bolt (even by having to move) everything does less damage.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

I do actually like the way conflag generates embers. But I would change the rng shard generation on immolate. Rather than chance on tick, I would make it so that when you damage an immolated enemy, you have a chance to generate a shard.

Then, incinerate would actually have more synergy, but channel demonfire, chaos bolt, conflag, shadowburn and any other source of damage has a chamce to generate a shard.

Next, if they didn't get rid of no movement while casting (for everyone), I would make channel demonfire castable while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki;42513629
    WOD destro was really fast paced and interesting.
    OP actually liked WoD destro.

Destro can't really get much faster without either backdraft or reverse entropy getting a rework, or being a combo you don't really want to take together. The combination of those 2 already make for pretty fast gameplay, especially during bloodlust or when you use troll racial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    No, its ressource management. Would you call the talent that refunds mana when we use chaos bolt a proc too?
    Procs are nothing but resources, just like cooldowns. Mages, for example, don't really have traditional resources to handle. What they do have is short cooldowns - I wouldn't even consider the whole Hot Streak/Heating Up mechanic to be a proc given the frequency of it occuring and the amount of ways they have to manipulate it. Warlocks have multiple resources [shards, mana, souls if affliction, pet healthpoints as demo] and not much in the way of procs or cooldowns. Your decisionmaking and what you end up playing around relies purely on managing said resources in exactly the same way you'd manage your plethora of cooldowns as a mage.

You're wrong if you think that managing procs is in any way different from managing shards, cooldowns or any other resource. Reverse Entropy is by no means a proc. It changes the way you manage two of your resources, though.
    Last edited by mmocac9ee8a52f; 2016-09-28 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Spelling. It's early, shut up <.<

No mobility, no execute, no aoe without talents.
    Why changing a spec that was so well designed in MOP SOO. It was so fluid with clever mechanics.
    Balancing numbers and buff will not help.
    Class design is very poor. Warlock is not fun to play ATM.
    We need a redesign ASAP!!!
    Shame the game itself is much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karatakor View Post
    No mobility, no execute, no aoe without talents.
    Why changing a spec that was so well designed in MOP SOO. It was so fluid with clever mechanics.
    Balancing numbers and buff will not help.
    Class design is very poor. Warlock is not fun to play ATM.
    We need a redesign ASAP!!!
    Shame the game itself is much better.
    Do you really have to copy paste the same comment in three different threads? ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    Procs are nothing but resources, just like cooldowns. Mages, for example, don't really have traditional resources to handle. What they do have is short cooldowns - I wouldn't even consider the whole Hot Streak/Heating Up mechanic to be a proc given the frequency of it occuring and the amount of ways they have to manipulate it. Warlocks have multiple resources [shards, mana, souls if affliction, pet healthpoints as demo] and not much in the way of procs or cooldowns. Your decisionmaking and what you end up playing around relies purely on managing said resources in exactly the same way you'd manage your plethora of cooldowns as a mage.

You're wrong if you think that managing procs is in any way different from managing shards, cooldowns or any other resource. Reverse Entropy is by no means a proc. It changes the way you manage two of your resources, though.
    The bold part is part of my issue with locks. Sure it is better in fights where multiple targets can get immolated, but that is true for most classes (More targets, more resources). In fights with 1 target though, our shard generation can be veeeery slow, especially without tier bonus and feretory. Some tweaking with shards could be done, and I think some of my biggest issues with shards are: Not steady enough in single target fights for destruction, not enough to "bank" for destro and demo, not enough to spend shards with as aff (1 single target nuke, 1 medium-strong AoE if talented).

Edit: I guess that if they made shards more steady for single target destruction, it would lead to situations where you simply don't use incinerate any longer. Soul Conduit + tier bonus + feretory + artifact traits, and you should be getting close to not dropping much in shards, and whenever chaos bolt isn't available, conflag probably is. That isn't exactly... good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at my Mythic Nythendra, where I died like a noob at 15% or so, I cast 65 Chaos Bolts and 60 Incinerates. This is with Feretory, Soul Conduit and Soul Snatcher.

And I could have cast even more because I spent 9 shards on RoF there and lost quite a few shards due to capping.

Add to that upcoming T19 bonus to Conflag and I'd say it is the case where I seriously don't need more shards, because I struggle to not waste them single target already and that is WITH Backdraft and RE, so basically dumping CB as fast i can.

Eventually everyone will have Feretory in the end and so with T19, so in my case I would wish they reduce shard generation and instead make Chaos Bolt more impactful.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-29 at 11:38 AM.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get Blizzard...they spent a ton of time and effort developing an incredible expansion pack...but apparently very little time addressing blatant and fundamental class issues that have been known about for a long, long time. The latest "fix" effort was ham-handed at best and those in charge of making decisions for this class need to be fired imo because they are obviously not playing the class or even listening to those who do.

If you look at my Mythic Nythendra, where I died like a noob at 15% or so, I cast 65 Chaos Bolts and 60 Incinerates. This is with Feretory, Soul Conduit and Soul Snatcher.

And I could have cast even more because I spent 9 shards on RoF there and lost quite a few shards due to capping.

Add to that upcoming T19 bonus to Conflag and I'd say it is the case where I seriously don't need more shards, because I struggle to not waste them single target already and that is WITH Backdraft and RE, so basically dumping CB as fast i can.

Eventually everyone will have Feretory in the end and so with T19, so in my case I would wish they reduce shard generation and instead make Chaos Bolt more impactful.
    Ok this isn't a fair thing to say. You have a belt that's like +50% dps because it's completely overpowered, and no, not everyone is going to have it.

That belt makes the spec actually have resources.

Soul conduits also extremely boring and demon fire is so fun to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Ok this isn't a fair thing to say. You have a belt that's like +50% dps because it's completely overpowered, and no, not everyone is going to have it.

That belt makes the spec actually have resources.

Soul conduits also extremely boring and demon fire is so fun to use.
    Don't exaggerate, belt is good, but it's like 6% DPS boost stats aside, hardly THE big deal people make of it here - amount of shards you get from it is about the same as Soul Conduit and it is making Soul Conduit a bit better for sure in single target because those shards get refunded by Soul Conduit too, but again not by much.

Basically you can sim my character and you will see that this belt is not the thing people are making it out to be really. It is literally Soul Conduit on your waist, it's very nice, but that's all.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-29 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I usually don't post in forums but I feel like I gotta tell my opinion on the state of destro. In general I feel like destro is quite limited by it's talents & it needs more ways to dps while moving. However I don't think that the spec is as bad as many are saying. My guild just got 1/7 mythic & I got a 94 parse (11th), I was fourth on raid dps, without having good legendaries (mine is the shitty neck). Basically what I'm saying that even with relatively bad gear you should be able to be on par with other people, especially on fights where you can tunnel ST or cleave. There are some fights where destro fares better and some where it does worse but in general the spec is almost in a nice enough a position. Imo we do need more mobility though, burning rush & demonic circle shouldn't be talents.
    Last edited by mmocc4bbc950bd; 2016-09-29 at 09:29 PM.

Don't exaggerate, belt is good, but it's like 6% DPS boost stats aside, hardly THE big deal people make of it here - amount of shards you get from it is about the same as Soul Conduit and it is making Soul Conduit a bit better for sure in single target because those shards get refunded by Soul Conduit too, but again not by much.

Basically you can sim my character and you will see that this belt is not the thing people are making it out to be really. It is literally Soul Conduit on your waist, it's very nice, but that's all.
    Ok good to know.

I agree 100% with making chaos bolts feel good to cast again.

Deleted
    It is a bad time to be a caster. It is not impossible to play a good role on dps meter but you need much better equip and you need to invest so much more to keep up with the melee's.

I don't understand it. Mages and warlocks for example, pure dps classes, they simply are not designed to do something else, the loose against mixed classes. Well it is okay that these classes do good damage so that a tank also has adps spec but hell, a dps caster should be a person you want in your team. A caster feels underwehlming.

Destro mastery is so not fun. The cast times and damage being done is not in the right place. However, the mastery of destro is so dumb. So our damage per fight/day will depend on RNG. It really needs a redesign.

Yes, we need a redesign of the whole class mechanics/rotation/talents...again...such a waste!