Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A group representing the interests of African Americans thinks African Americans are owed money? Hell I like that kind of logic!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I swear I have read this before and all I could think "what a load of bullshit".
    Instead of whining,and getting easy money, how about trying to be productive members of society? "which is in fact those people fought for to be.

I really don't understand the logic here. They want to pay black people with taxpayer money when the ancestors of most white people in America got here after the civil war?

There were only 5 million white people in the Confederate States of America during the civil war and most of them didn't own slaves so how exactly are over 150 million white people responsible for that?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who cares about what the UN says?
    Just about nobody.

Wouldn't every nation need to pay money then? I mean let us start with the Middle East and Africa who didn't abolish slavery until the mid 1900s... Or maybe the inner West African Nations who made up the vast majority of the Slavers selling Slaves to the Whites. I am Irish do I get some money? I mean statistically when it comes to systematic, and racially motivated slave trade my people saw much harsher treatment than Africans who really only got enslaved because their was work to be done, and people to be bought. The British literally rounded the Irish up, and shipped them to America because they hated the Irish.

Well, we did give reparations to the Native Americans and we did give reparations to the Japanese Americans we interned during WWII so it's not entirely out of the question. William Tecumseh Sherman, our Civil War general came up with the "40 acres and a mule" idea only he didn't include the "mule" just the land.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to see one good reason for why anyone alive today should pay reparations for what their ancestors did, that they had nothing to do with. People don't choose being born white and being descended from people that did such things.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Fuck off UN, from a liberal.

Nobody alive today in the US has ever owned slaves.

Nobody alive today in the US has ever been a slave.

Nobody alive today is responsible for what their ancestors did.
    Not often that I agree with Krazy, but he's right

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not often that I agree with Krazy, but he's right
    Kiss me deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I've yet to see one good reason for why anyone alive today should pay reparations for what their ancestors did, that they had nothing to do with. People don't choose being born white and being descended from people that did such things.
    The argument made is (generically) that modern society and the economy would not where it is without whatever unsavory or inhuman action ancestors took, so today's generations bear the responsibility for equalizing that historic wrong that they indirectly profit from.

Yes. It's utter and complete nonsense.

Deleted
    lol UN

Whats next, egyptian reparations to the Jews? Or are we going to prosecute the countries that sold their fellow blacks to the US?

Deleted
    The UN, such jokers.

I fully support a black reservation, like the Indians have. Once the reservation is created they gots to go.

the un's cuckoldry isn't really surprising.

the day i pay a reparation, is the day you've taken it from body. i could contribute to your hydration by spitting in your face, but i won't be giving you money.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Has the UN ever been good for the West and White people?
    Yes. Before the membership got bloated with newly independent former colonies.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the un's cuckoldry isn't really surprising.

the day i pay a reparation, is the day you've taken it from body. i could contribute to your hydration by spitting in your face, but i won't be giving you money.
    You look like you are stuffing a few gold bars up your keester sir. Report to area 2 for examination.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nobody alive today is responsible for what their ancestors did.
    I read opinions to the contrary. Practically daily. They generally throw the p-word around a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Technically it was England that started the American slave trade...and sold them to Spain, Portugal, and pretty much every other colonial nation. America didn't even EXIST when the slave trade started...
    Technically a Dutch ship delivered the first slaves but you are right inasmuch as English legal framework made it not only possible, but profitable.

However, the Spanish and the Portuguese have been moving slaves over from Africa a century before the English ever joined the colony game.

I will agree to pay reparations on one condition. All un members must live in a random black ghetto without body guards for 1 month. Now if you call the police for help you must forfeit your vote.

I read opinions to the contrary. Practically daily. They generally throw the p-word around a lot.
    And the idiots talking about privilege are people almost always doing it from their upper class or upper-middle-class houses, on their newest iphone and in their parents' mansions.

They can fuck right off telling anybody else that they have privilege.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-28 at 08:27 AM.

Obama cant leave soon enough!