Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i still dont get the crying...we at least got a decent buff, as for me i was keeping up with mages and hunters on single targets and sometimes out dps them as Demo, and now am quite happy with the buffs cause it will make us stand out again!

people like u who keeps complaining about the spec, my personal advice is to reroll into a mage or a huntard if u really care about dps meters and not the class it self...

Quote Originally Posted by Raex View Post
    A few of the top ranked Warlocks from last week have already got their parses in post-buff, they're still miles behind their counterparts (the gap hasn't closed that much). Unless you have secret logs that outparses the top ranked ones - nothing has changed relative to other specs. Yes I know we are doing 5-10% more damage.
    What does this even mean? Top ranked Warlocks? Most of the best Warlocks are playing with private logs. As for the rest of us, the top 10 is changing almost hourly. It's a lot more balanced than it was last week. I have mages and DH's in my group all scoring in the 98/99 percentile and often we're within ~10k of each other. Some fights favor classes - sure, but that's always been true. Don't just look at WCL statistics and act like that shows you all you need to know pls. That's a very nooby thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raex View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=1&dataset=95

Nothing's changed based on current statistics. Relative power of all specs is still mostly the same and all 3 specs are still bottom tier. Another week's worth of data won't shift these statistics much so don't get your hopes up.
    Reminder that these stats include yesterday's pre-hotfix numbers too.

We were like 30% behind the other classes previously and this 10% buff is hardly enough for us to be competitive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I'm sitting at about 250k dps on the dummy with no buffs as Demo running 3/2/1/1/3/3/2 and 23% Crit, 26% Haste and 32% mastery. Overall it looks like we'll still be in the middle. It's a bit frustrating knowing if I rerolled Mage or Hunter I'd without a doubt be sitting at #1 in our raids. We'll still be pretty good at priority targets on EN cleave fights.

Here's hoping for great scaling!
    Well, you talk about still being in the middle, and yet you have your stats twisted. 26% haste as Demo? That's very low. Be lucky you're still pulling 250k.
    Haste is for Demo like Ancient Mana is for the nightborne junkies in Suramar. You just want more. As Destro, those stat weights would be great though.

With 2-2-1-1-3-3-2 I'm pulling about 280k on boss dummy over at least 3+ minutes. That's with 38% haste, 13% crit and roughly the same mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Well, you talk about still being in the middle, and yet you have your stats twisted. 26% haste as Demo? That's very low. Be lucky you're still pulling 250k.
    Haste is for Demo like Ancient Mana is for the nightborne junkies in Suramar. You just want more. As Destro, those stat weights would be great though.

With 2-2-1-1-3-3-2 I'm pulling about 280k on boss dummy over at least 3+ minutes. That's with 38% haste, 13% crit and roughly the same mastery.
    Well Demo is my "offspec" with 17 points and Destro my "main" with 20 points and unfortunately I can't choose what gear drops so this is what I have to work with.

My point was that I ranked 88% ilvl at 235k dps on Heroic Nythendra and the Hunter in my group ranked 65% ilvl at 253k dps. I would've ranked even higher had I been wearing optimal Demo gear and had more points in my Demo artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Do everyone a favor and just re-roll, then you can post useless crap in a different class forum.
    no one else wants him either though D:
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

With the current rework of Demo, our damage is 'doubled down' with a double dose of back loaded damage. Our Imps, Dreadstalkers and DG/Infernal's are competing with front loaded damage classes that happen to be tuned to a higher level to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    What does this even mean? Top ranked Warlocks? Most of the best Warlocks are playing with private logs. As for the rest of us, the top 10 is changing almost hourly. It's a lot more balanced than it was last week. I have mages and DH's in my group all scoring in the 98/99 percentile and often we're within ~10k of each other. Some fights favor classes - sure, but that's always been true. Don't just look at WCL statistics and act like that shows you all you need to know pls. That's a very nooby thing to do.
    Private logs thing is bullshit. The 'best' Warlocks are hiding their logs, but the 'best' every other class are public domain? Don't be ridiculous.

I'm sure things will have improved and we'll get a much better picture with EU logs adding to the data pile tonight; but just don't try mental gymnastics like this.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-09-28 at 08:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post

Warlock buff still short compared to performance of other classes, we really didnt improve that much, demon hunters, monks and hunters still doing OP damage compared to warlocks. Are warlocks really gona be fixed or should we start to re roll a new class??
    Pretty sure you're playing it wrong man. I'm pulling some insane numbers atm. Obviously nothing like an Arcane Mage but it's pretty amazing. If you play it right you can top meters still. Stop acting like everybody is playing perfectly and the sims are fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eej View Post
    Reminder that these stats include yesterday's pre-hotfix numbers too.
    Yep, EU also only got the patch this morning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Look at the raid comps for the top progress guilds. Then consider IF they take a warlock at all, how many aren;t destruction?

To progress guilds stack the most effective classes. They bench the leats effective. It's nothing to do with skill, those players all have a ton of alts for the same raid role, and they can get the most out of any spec or class so long as it has the same base potential. If warlocks were twice as hard to play but able to keep up you'd see them - we saw demo lock aplenty in WOD

The basic fact is, warlocks are underpowered

Please don;t quote the "but that is top guilds" nonsense. On a level playing field, guarantee a top guild has players who can get top performance out of anything...warlocks are benched. Not because the players need to "get good" or "learn their class"

Because they are underpowered.

After the buffs destro might stand a chance, demo has a very high potential for ST tunelling but it's horrible mobility works against it, affliction is just dead in the water.

This claim about the "best warlocks hiding their logs"?

You seem to be imagining that warlocks who are doing great have a weird compulsion to hide their logs (it is much mor elikely they are hiding them because they are embarassed by them!)

So why don't those "top mages" hide their logs?

You've repeatedly coe up with the same weird arguments that the playerbase is in some way pecularialy different, either less skilled, needing to learn the clas smore, doing great but shyling hiding their logs when others don;t

The real truth is much more likely to be, the player base for locks is pretty much the same as the player base for mages, dmeon hunters etc and the reason locks are performing poorly is because their class is underpowered and crippled with shit mechanics and much more relian ton gear crutches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazvha View Post
    What is not to understand? Sims don't translate well into actual raiding performance because it doesn't factor in movement, burst single target and AoE, how efficient a class is at swapping etc etc. Not to mention a lot of the APLs are wrong.

As for the buff, it's a 7-8% single target damage buff because a fair portion of your damage comes from pets (Infernal, imp, service).
    Yeah I thought that too. It is definitively less than what I hoped for. But we can hope that Blizzard realizes this as fast as we do and in the next round of balance changes we get buffed again :3

I noticed the buff as well for Demo especially. Not much change at the top of the chain though. MM hunters, Fire / Arcane Mage and Havoc are still top dogs in the raids i joined. Arms took a big hit and seems mid with us now. Locks mid of the packas well (the gap to tops seems high).
    Better than last / super low though
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2016-09-28 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I noticed the buff as well for Demo especially. Not much change at the top of the chain though. MM hunters, Fire / Arcane Mage and Havoc are still top dogs in the raids i joined. Arms took a big hit and seems mid with us now. Locks mid of the packas well (the gap to tops seems high).
    Better than last / super low though
    Just playing Destro right now. My Chaos Bolt still hits for sub 300K. How can that be? Even with unlucky Mastery RNG and the 11% buff to Chaos Bolt it shouldn't hit that low on ilvl 850 with 31K int and 25% crit. That is super low for such an expensive cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Just playing Destro right now. My Chaos Bolt still hits for sub 300K. How can that be? Even with unlucky Mastery RNG and the 11% buff to Chaos Bolt it shouldn't hit that low on ilvl 850 with 31K int and 25% crit. That is super low for such an expensive cast.
    lol Haunt hits harder than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    lol Haunt hits harder than that.
    Well it can go way up to 450K-480K if Mastery RNG is lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well it can go way up to 450K-480K if Mastery RNG is lucky
    My Haunt crits for 600k+... Think I'm still at 831 ilvl too, much neglect, gearing Mage, levelling SPriest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    My Haunt crits for 600k+... Think I'm still at 831 ilvl too, much neglect, gearing Mage, levelling SPriest.
    Hmm maybe it is time for me to level a new class too. Though starting at 1 is painful. But just to be sure if maybe Blizzard has some flaw in their own testing and simulations and somehow Destro Affliction is much higher on their internet sims than it is on real world gaming.

But what should I play. I never played a Monk !

Deleted
    Meh, i felt that destro was still fine(for me) before the buffs, now im gonna have a field day in our raids..