Page 39 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you are so bad you can't handle even normal raiding, you don't deserve artifact progression.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    If you are so bad you can't handle even normal raiding, you don't deserve artifact progression.
    It's not even actual progression; it's a skin. It doesn't improve your artifact, it doesn't improve your dmg or anything; it's purely cosmetic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Pro tip ~ normal ain't hard and clearing it doesn't make you good, brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Pro tip ~ normal ain't hard and clearing it doesn't make you good, brah.
    That's literally his point
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's not even actual progression; it's a skin. It doesn't improve your artifact, it doesn't improve your dmg or anything; it's purely cosmetic.
    Or perhaps it should be seen as a reward for players who do regular raid content? Instead of just a player walking from whatever difficulty them, their friends, guild etc clear weekly with just a recolour of something everyone, regardless of time or skill has, maybe something that's a little more unique? Allows them to stand out in the crowd a little better? 6, 8, 9, 10, 12 however long someone raids in a week is a fair commitment and anyone who deals with the nature of pugs deserves full credit.

Or is that concept impossible for you and others to grasp? Heaven forbid you can't have a shiny item someone puts more time and effort into obtaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That's literally his point
    Then his point should be that there is as much prestige in clearing Normal as in clearing LFR, brah. Thus it's stupid it's gated out, brah. I'd dare say it takes more willpower to sit through a LFR run than it takes to walk out of the fire on Normal PuGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then his point should be that there is as much prestige in clearing Normal as in clearing LFR, brah. Thus it's stupid it's gated out, brah. I'd dare say it takes more willpower to sit through a LFR run than it takes to walk out of the fire on Normal PuGs.
    They are trying to wean you off LFR

Git gud or get out, fam
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is good, the raid IQ of the player base will rise if more people are given incentive to do greater than LFR mode raiding.

They are trying to wean you off LFR

Git gud or get out, fam
    Implying joining Normal Mode PUGs requires Gittin Gud u gud, u clear normal long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying joining Normal Mode PUGs requires Gittin Gud u gud, u clear normal long time.
    Brah y r u pugging

Mr no friends over here

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    Or perhaps it should be seen as a reward for players who do regular raid content? Instead of just a player walking from whatever difficulty them, their friends, guild etc clear weekly with just a recolour of something everyone, regardless of time or skill has, maybe something that's a little more unique? Allows them to stand out in the crowd a little better? 6, 8, 9, 10, 12 however long someone raids in a week is a fair commitment and anyone who deals with the nature of pugs deserves full credit.

Or is that concept impossible for you and others to grasp? Heaven forbid you can't have a shiny item someone puts more time and effort into obtaining.
    Then explain to me, why the actual legendaries from the past expansions, items that were also meant as longtime rewards, and rewards that actually affected you, were obtainable through the LFR?

I don't even care about the skin, I don't even care about LFR or raiding - but it's still nonsense, when this wasn't the case with actual, gamechanging items in past expansions.

Brah y r u pugging

Mr no friends over here
    U still guild? That's so 2007, brah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then explain to me, why the actual legendaries from the past expansions, items that were also meant as longtime rewards, and rewards that actually affected you, were obtainable through the LFR?

I don't even care about the skin, I don't even care about LFR or raiding - but it's still nonsense, when this wasn't the case with actual, gamechanging items in past expansions.
    Implying legendaries were actually legendary

I'm sure people were just as excited over their mandatory ring as they were for Warglaives

Legendaries haven't meant shit since before Wrath

- - - Updated - - -

U still guild? That's so 2007, brah.
    Oh well, I'll just sit in the corner with my "exclusive" skin then

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure people were just as excited over their mandatory ring as they were for Warglaives

- - - Updated - - -

How is your post even remotely relevant? It's just your opinion, which is pointless since it doesn't change the fact that there's a huge difference between actual items, with stats and a cosmetic reward. The ring was pretty shitty obviously though.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hint; A good portion of the playerbase is indeed excited about having the Expansion-Long quest line done and actually feels rewarding as they go through it, culminating on the moment they actually finish it, after all that time put into it~
    Times changed since the Warglaives, brah. Casuals be carrying yer arse!

Certainly a feat worthy of your Normal-Difficulty skill level accomplishments, brah. I bet it feels like Warglaives to ya, huh?

If it stated this at the start there would not be a big deal over it, you would see it was a raiders only skin and just shrug it off like the pvp ones. But now that people put up with the mythics and payments and such, I can see how they feel cheated on their skin. It is a bit of a bullshit move to give even more to raiders though, they already get the best gear, mounts, title and so forth, add weapon skins to it now, game is heading more towards raid or leave, which I don't really see as good for the game.

Simple; it was a mistake to begin with.

And just because they made that mistake twice, doesn't mean they can't suddenly step back and try to correct it. But even then, your point about those being game changing items in the last two expansions could very well be the reason behind the change; this isn't game changing so there's no reason for it to be made so readily available. The ring and cloak, had they been only available to those doing Normal and Heroic, would have created a staggering gap between those doing LFR and the regular raiders. This very concern was raised by people in LFR when 6.2 was released and they couldn't upgrade their ring.That's not a concern here.

Deleted
    perfectly fine with this. The comparisons between earlier xpacs where "legendary"ring or cloak were obtainable through LFR are obviously because those items would become a raid requirement and/or a powerful item to be used in other content. A cosmetic reward however is not in that category. I think its perfectly fine to have cosmetic rewards and titles that are only for a certain level or piece of content. I would love to have a challenger title, pvp mounts or 'defilers end' but the truth is i havent been arsed to put in the effort. No effort = no reward. simple thing, deal with it.

the monthly subscription opens the door to content not rewards. If you want it, raid for it.
    Last edited by mmoce43b7b3b8f; 2016-09-28 at 06:39 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    Simple; it was a mistake to begin with.

And just because they made that mistake twice, doesn't mean they can't suddenly step back and try to correct it. But even then, your point about those being game changing items in the last two expansions could very well be the reason behind the change; this isn't game changing so there's no reason for it to be made so readily available. The ring and cloak, had they been only available to those doing Normal and Heroic, would have created a staggering gap between those doing LFR and the regular raiders. This very concern was raised by people in LFR when 6.2 was released and they couldn't upgrade their ring.That's not a concern here.
    It isn't a gamechanging item this time, which raises the obvious question; Why do you care if "filthy casuals" get it? I could understand the "h4rdc0r3"-raiders in MoP and WoD who were outraged and angsty about "filthy casuals" getting the cloak and ring, because they felt that only they should get legendaries, because that's how it's always been, but this is just absurd; it's a skin people....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vettehenk View Post
    perfectly fine with this. The comparisons between earlier xpacs where "legendary"ring or cloak were obtainable through LFR are obviously because those items would become a raid requirement and/or a powerful item to be used in other content. A cosmetic reward however is not in that category. I think its perfectly fine to have cosmetic rewards and titles that are only for a certain level or piece of content. I would love to have a challenger title, pvp mounts or 'defilers end' but the truth is i havent been arsed to put in the effort. No effort = no reward. simple thing, deal with it.

the monthly subscription opens the door to content not rewards. If you want it, raid for it.
    Which is exactly what people do through the LFR, whether you like it or not, it's still raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by aeula View Post
    going through four mythic dungeons once is fine, going through normal once is fine. But this questline requires grinding for weeks on end from bosses that don't have a 100% drop chance. People who are extremely unlucky could never see this model even if they clear mythic every week from day one. A casual who is strapped for time won't be able to run normal every week and with those shitty drop chances it's quite possible they won't make it.

Also as someone who is 7/7 normal and has done those mythic dungeons, the dungeons are way easier than normal en.
    qft .
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-09-28 at 07:05 AM.