Poll: Are you a tag bum?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do a mixture of both. I'll run in and moonfire spam anything that is in range. Whatever comes to me I kill myself.

No, but I do tag nearly any enemy I see someone else fighting when I'm out and about, regardless of quests, if they drop loot. I always help, though. I do that because 1) it's nice to help and 2) with boon of the manaseeker, it's possible I can get some free enchant mats.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I tank, and I typically stay prot out in the world. Lots of times, I'll see DPS drag their stuff into my consecrate. Sometimes they help me kill, other times they'll run off and go find other things to tag.

Catch is, I'm perfectly willing to follow them and grab whatever else they find to tag as well. Once they see that, typically they'll either start doing it seriously (and grab EVERYTHING I can't reach), or they'll stop and kill after all.

Besides, it goes both ways. Sometimes I'm the one doing the killing, other times I'll see a dps with 3 mobs at low health and toss the shield to get some quick credit.

Yes and no. I run around tagging shit, but that's to get it in to a big deathball so I can pop my burst and kill them in 5 seconds.

Deleted
    No, they annoy me.
    Especially those who will pull half a village on me and expect me to kill all the mobs (I'm not a tank).

The only time i abuse the system a bit is when i see a tank taking on a bunch of mobs; but even then i manage to get off at least "Ashes to Ashes" or "Divine storm" into the group of mobs. None of which could be considered a weak spell.

The worst guy is the one that see's you killing quest mobs next to a quest node knowingly tags the mobs and takes the node since you get interrupted trying to take the node yourself. Just plain rude.

Ive trapped spiderlings for the suramur world quest and had someone run up and start stealing half of them.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2016-09-28 at 06:02 AM.

I quest as disc. Does tossing Power Word: Shields and Pleas on random people count? Even if I don't touch their mobs, because I'm healing them I get tag credit on their mobs while I keep DPSing my pull. (And, hey, I AM healing them, it's not like they don't get anything out of it.)

Admittedly, I do sometimes toss a Divine Star at someone who's pulling a ton, but I'll also keep an eye on their HP and help them out if they need it-- it's just that I can't do a bloody thing to a big pull aside from DPS the biggest threat in the group and splash a few DoTs and Star every so often.

I do take care to loot things so as to not screw over skinners.

This xpac I've made Consolidating Power/other Suramar elite groups and sit on top of a building, come back 5 mins later and its done. Probably the worst thing I've done lately, but I do try to be smart about tagging too. I do make a point of inviting all nearby players on even the most trivial WQs, still speeds it up

10+ Year Old Account
    100%.

And just to up my salt gathering for today, I main a tank.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will tag anything nearby and dps it down. Don't see any reason not to aoe dot that pull of 5 mobs that is about to die since it won't hurt the one who gathered it and it will help me. I have to say tho, it really annoys me when I spec tank for the elite suramar quests and people run in with 5+ elites on them and get me killed since I automatically get aggro from it, or when they see me very slowly killing a couple of elites, just tag them and run away. When it happened yesterday, I went to jump in the water to lose aggro and make them reset. You're not gonna get free credit for doing 0.1% of the damage to the elites I'd have to fight for several minutes. And the people who steal the quest objectives I'm fighting on top of can go die in a fire. I wish some horde race had shadowmeld...

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Current tagging system doesn't hurt anyone, except skinners.
    Doesn't hurt anyone? Are you kidding? Worst system ever as it promotes tagging every mob and let other people do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Man what?

The damage it does does not increase (or if it does, not enough to make you "unable to handle it"), just the HP. So you can still handle it, it's just a matter of it perhaps dying a bit faster or slower. Also, to bump up the HP that much would take a LOT of people, and they would NOT be tag-bumming, they'd be fighting the mob.
    Where in the HELL did I say a word about damage increasing? Please, point that out.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

In my perfect WoW, I would have the quest area to myself so I could ride around agro-ing as many mobs as possible then aoe them down. That’s how tanks do questing.

In this shared MMO world, I rarely get that opportunity. If you’re there on your DPS battling a mob or two, I will likely end up tanking them for you. Anything I do in the area will pull threat so they’ll all end up on me anyway. Take advantage and tag them all, that way you’ll get credit for the 2 you started with and all the others I was gathering.

Occasionally as I’m gathering mobs, someone will peel one off before I’ve settled on a spot to tank them. If they do this, they may turn me into an accidental tag-bum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    No, they annoy me.
    Especially those who will pull half a village on me and expect me to kill all the mobs (I'm not a tank).

The only time i abuse the system a bit is when i see a tank taking on a bunch of mobs; but even then i manage to get off at least "Ashes to Ashes" or "Divine storm" into the group of mobs. None of which could be considered a weak spell.
    As tank, I love when DPS help make them die faster. Win-Win, we all get credit and it goes fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    I quest as disc. Does tossing Power Word: Shields and Pleas on random people count? Even if I don't touch their mobs, because I'm healing them I get tag credit on their mobs while I keep DPSing my pull. (And, hey, I AM healing them, it's not like they don't get anything out of it.)

Admittedly, I do sometimes toss a Divine Star at someone who's pulling a ton, but I'll also keep an eye on their HP and help them out if they need it-- it's just that I can't do a bloody thing to a big pull aside from DPS the biggest threat in the group and splash a few DoTs and Star every so often.

I do take care to loot things so as to not screw over skinners.
    You can toss a random heal on me anytime.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are tag bums, then there are tag whores who will conveniently show up the last 5% of a named/rare mob. Wish they would flat out just disallow tagging after a mob reaches 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    I will tag anything nearby and dps it down. Don't see any reason not to aoe dot that pull of 5 mobs that is about to die since it won't hurt the one who gathered it and it will help me. I have to say tho, it really annoys me when I spec tank for the elite suramar quests and people run in with 5+ elites on them and get me killed since I automatically get aggro from it, or when they see me very slowly killing a couple of elites, just tag them and run away. When it happened yesterday, I went to jump in the water to lose aggro and make them reset. You're not gonna get free credit for doing 0.1% of the damage to the elites I'd have to fight for several minutes. And the people who steal the quest objectives I'm fighting on top of can go die in a fire. I wish some horde race had shadowmeld...
    Players who ninja nodes or other secondary objectives are the true bums. They know exactly what they're doing and seem to think their time is more valuable than others. Or maybe they just don't care about anyone but themselves. I add them to my ignore list so I don't accidentally tank for them in the future.

Well, since Barrage pretty much destroys everything it touches at least in WQs, I think I don't qualify

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    There are tag bums, then there are tag whores who will conveniently show up the last 5% of a named/rare mob.
    Some of that is random, no? I mean, we're all running around trying to do world quests. If you show up and the rare is already in combat, does anyone really wait for it to die and respawn? When you can help finish it off and move on? If you sit there from the beginning and don't help till the end, that's one thing. But if you jump in as soon as you get there and it just happens to be last 5%, that's just luck and it all evens out in long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spam arcane explosion, does it count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I'll happily tag everything, but I also help killing it. Also when a questing location is crowded, I help the alliance players too. /carebear

Being melee, if i believe it will die by the time i reach i use Heroic Throw to tag, otherwise I stay there until the mob goes down