Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    43 pages of this. Since yesterdays evening. Wow.

I mean, the way I see it it's just a nice reward for players on slightly higher level to get. It doesn't give you power, only cosmetic skin. Also, it's just normal, which will be very farmable in a few weeks. Should be fine. Then again, people complained when LFR didn't drop the same models as raiding.

One thing is for sure, and would have spared 43 pages of discussion. The design of this quest is freaking horrible. You don't know where it is leading, what the reward is, when I got it I thought it's going to be a continuation of my Artifact power increase, like Campaign. You get many quests to do different things, go to dungeons, get reputation, give Blood of Sargeras (thanks Obama) etc, and then told to wait for EN to come out. So, for people who didn't plan to even touch raiding, all those previous quests were a waste of time.

This quest shouldn't be handed out in Order Hall. It should be something you get from Cenarius (within EN) after defeating Xavius on normal or higher. And then he would send you on a mission of farming rep, raid mats, mythics and Bloods to get an Artifact skin. Non-raiding players wouldn't even be exposed to it, so they would not be dissappointed by going through all the trouble just to be told that, well, they aren't getting the reward anyway.

I don't get the mindset of people who say they won't do Normal Raid for this reward, whether it's a principle or their inability to do so, but I don't have to get it. Quest is misleading to them, and it shouldn't be.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Thanks. So we can ignore it safely. Not sure why some people whine then. There are lots of cosmetic rewards that are tied to activities some people don't like... That's okay and nothing new.
    People whine because they feel entitled to the same rewards despite doing significantly less work. It's more or less an issue with millennials in general who have pushing for essentially communism. Since the mere idea of a meritocracy is poison to their existence. Meanwhile if i want Xu-Fu I have to force myself through pet battles.

Yet oddly they somehow are understanding of the fact Gladiator rated players in arena should get special mounts. Though an artifact appearance unavilable in the LFR is apparently too much for them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Guild completely winged Normal mode EN first week it was out, did nothing but read dungeon journal before each pull and made it to Xavius in 2 and a half hours with an average ilvl of 835-840.

If after a few weeks and groups of 870+ people start showing you still can't manage to pug Normal easily, well you likely don't deserve a reward.

Not even bashing LFR since I use LFR quite a bit and find nothing wrong with it. What I do find wrong though is horrible players thinking they deserve every reward in the game by doing the lowest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    Really? They aren't "making" people do anything. Its a cosmetic reward, if you "want" it then you have to do what is needed to get it. Its that simple, its another reward for doing the above the norm stuff. LFR or Looking for Retard as its so often called is getting tier gear again. Why should you be rewarded beyond that???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I'm actually surprised blizzard is taking a stance on this and not caving in like they usually do. Color me impressed that they are sticking to their guns.
    Collor me impressed that there seem to be some people still naive enough to believe the myth that Blizz is "caving in" to a hand full of whiners on a forum, instead of looking at their Data. Who plays what class/content, how long /often do they play and when do people quit and why... or come back. THAT is the way Blizzard makes decisions... NOT caving in to anybody. But if you want to believe that, i am not taking away your dreams and fantasies. ;-) To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    43 pages of this. Since yesterdays evening. Wow.
    why does this surprise you - lfr raiders are majority of raiders and are outraged about this - cant wait for people in game relaise it too forum outcry will be much bigger the flying one.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why does this surprise you - lfr raiders are majority of raiders and are outraged about this - cant wait for people in game relaise it too forum outcry will be much bigger the flying one.
    This saddens me. I want my flying, flying outcry should stay on top at all times

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    You can't really complain about something not being given to you, then writing off all opposition as "LFR bashers". It just simply doesn't work that way.

It's an OPTIONAL APPEARANCE you can get and honestly, you could probably pug EN normal and get it done before Xavius even hits LFR. The very fact that people expect everything from the LFR to equal organized raiding is pathetic, especially since the LFR outright removes mechanics. Remember LFR Kargath's lions? Oh wait in the LFR those pits were CLOSED OFF, despite the fact in normal mode they did half of your health roughly and gave you time to escape.

As for Darkeon's "If normal is easy why not allow it on LFR?!" I'm fine with LFR existing for normal mode but the issue is it can't work out. The thing about the LFR is that it is unorganized and accessible by everyone which tends to be people who are pants on head stupid. These exact people are a) why the LFR exists in the first place, and b) why the LFR outright removes mechanics and severely gimps others from not being an actual threat.

So I'd be fine with allowing people to queue for normal mode, if I was guaranteed it wouldn't have to be ridiculously nerfed so monkeys could complete it, at which point you're better off just buffing the item level of Lol Free Raidgear difficulty's drops. Personally I'm waiting for Xavius on the LFR just to watch the complaint threads assuming Blizzard doesn't gut his core mechanics. LFR Archimonde was "impossible" for the LFR crews so I imagine Xavius would have to lose the whole corruption mechanic, probably not spawn adds, and do little damage for the LFR to down it. Or everyone will be in the dream phase probably.
    in FFXIV raid normal and heroic (called hard) are both on matchmaker only mythic (savage) are non-matchmaker, peoples do them no problem; it's blizzard choice to have a subversion or "easymode" only as queue-able.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outraged.. It's a fucking skin, you can still get the model from 3 other sources, one which is trivial as hell. Grow a fucking pair and shut up already, if a skin is enough to get you to throw a tantrum you seriously need to consider therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want everything for no effort.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    And the LFR bashers have came, that didn't take long.
    What do you actually expect, you have 21000 posts on MMO-Champion and you didn't expect that kind of reaction to your post? Normal is essentially LFR at this point with the difficulty it's at. Takes about 10-15 to make a group, the same amount it would take you to queue for LFR as DPS. I'm all for LFR working towards questlines, I wouldn't have had my cloak in Panadaria if it wasn't for that aspect. But it's hardly too much to ask entering a Normal raid :/

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Except it won't be bigger than flight. Since flight is a touchy subject for a number of people, not myself personally but I can see why people get so passionate about flight.

Literally the only people who will cry about this will be LFR heroes and likely Blizzard will give them their way to stop the kicking and screaming, or the threats about "I'M GOING TO UNSUB BECAUSE OF THIS ONE ARTIFACT APPEARANCE!" Honestly I wish everyone who threatened to unsub due to a change actually did. Maybe then the community wouldn't be a cesspool.

Also, you can't call LFR heroes a "majority of raiders" because they aren't even raiders to begin with. If you want to argue "Well Blizzard says it's raiding!" then I'll argue this: "If I call you fat and ugly IRL, does that mean you are that just because I said so?" This is the issue with LFR people: They don't know how to earn anything, but they think they're earning them because bosses spit loot for afking and says "YOU EARNED THIS!" It's just about as idiotic as the concept of giving people trophies because they bothered to show up.
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2016-09-28 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Outraged.. It's a fucking skin, you can still get the model from 3 other sources, one which is trivial as hell. Grow a fucking pair and shut up already, if a skin is enough to get you to throw a tantrum you seriously need to consider therapy.
    No, you cannot, because you need the first skin in a row unlocked to get access to the others in addition to also meeting their requirements. If I finish a Mythic 15+ dungeon but not the quest line, I still don't have access to the one you get for completing a 15+ dungeon.

If it said it then fine whatever (even tho I disagree with the choice). But to go into LFR and see the boss drops the quest item, Only to learn its on NM+ was a slap in the face. To those saying just do NM.....how about NO. For the past week all we have had on here is people saying NM is piss easy, so why even tie it to NM if its piss easy.

Also to be clear I did NM (just the first boss because fuck the pug I was in) on day one. I don't care to relive that BS atm.

If they want to lock the skin to a raid mode above LFR then just make it a drop off a boss and not a quest chain.
    We all did this once, queue for a dungeon or raid and then realise it wasn't the right difficulty, we survived, you will.

If you don't want to do normal, fine, but you don't get the rewards associated with it. It's tied to normal because it rewards the coordination and effort of a group of players. It's easy for guilds and established groups. It's hard for an LFR level coordinated group.

The quest chain is there so players can know about this and it gives them a reason to try to do normal. Does Blizzard need to hide all the quests and rewards tied to content you don't want to do so you won't get frusrated ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    People whine because they feel entitled to the same rewards despite doing significantly less work.
    I don't even care about the reward, I just want that annoying orange exclamation mark to piss off without having two quests sitting in my quest log at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Nope. Not jumping through hoops for some delusional idiot in the group finder and his idiotic requirements for a group, and certainly not making my own group because I've never been much of a raid leader. Manual group finding is an archaic system, and punishing players for not letting that nonsense die is beyond stupid.
    They post idiotic requirements because they don't have much of a leader. Those kind of groups stand out because they are the definition of entitlement and immaturity, but they are not a representation of every group you would find using LFG.

So you hate the way that you yourself would run raids, but don't want to put in the time and effort to find groups suited to your needs. Sounds like a self-inflicted problem.
    Last edited by OperationFerret; 2016-09-28 at 08:26 AM.

Locking items, appearances and so on behind diffrent kinds of content has been done since forever and should really not suprise anyone.

BUT I can understand people being upset about how this particular thing was done.

If you have a game with multiple dificulty levels, you should probably up your game in communicating which quest belongs to what difficulty. Preferably at the start of the quesline, definetely before you hand over your blood of sargeras.

Also didnt help that this quest looked like the old legendary questlines, so tons of people probably expected it to lead to some kind of legendary item obtainable for everyone like in WoD and Panda.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    I do wonder, why should someone that doesn't want to put ANY effort into the game and do a normal raid (which is not hard) get a COSMETIC reward.

No... The entitled twats want roll their faces across the keyboard in LFR, and get everything they want. Disgusting....

Why don't we take it a step further, let's make Blizz make Mythic raid gear appearances unlockable if you facroll enough LFR, just because everyone should get everything for most minimal effort put into the game, right?

I PuG'ed heroic
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Tank joins and demands that people show achievement. Tank leaves.
    In WoD i pugged heroic Hellfire without problems, normal should really not be a problem, and no i was not a raider, i wasn't even guilded.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats next? is it also unfair that mounts in raids are gated behind heroic/mythic content?