Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There is still one elephant in the room: No matter how easy normal is, it requires either organisational time which many people don't have (like in my case), or some kind of experience of running a raid, which again some people don't have (which I have from TBC and Wrath, but I have not been a raid leader since then), or people don't want to put up with guild or PUG drama (again, my case - my guild is too small for any kind of a raid, we are only enough for a 5 man group).

I have to look for a group in the finder, because I CANNOT make my own and CANNOT have guild runs. First, there are not many of them in the LFD, this will possibly get better some weeks later, but possibly not. Second, though I have a decent item level (845) and have successfully run some mythic0 dungeons (when I could find the time and was lucky to get a group - since I am the only one in my guild with an item level which is sufficient for mythic dungeons), I get declines for mythic0 and normal raids most of the time, and then I just decide I have better things to do.

We got legendarys out of LFR in 2 expansions. It took us at least double as long, I guess, at least because of LFR availability gating. Why is it now not OK to get an artifakt quest chain out of LFR, especially if the only difficulty in Normal is the organisation, but not the fights themselves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If you on a thursday night keep applying to 5 groups who are seeking a dps, then you should within 30 min get a group no matter what. Aslong as you have 835, then you are should easily get a spot as a dps within a group, if you just keep applying to different groups.
    And that's what I do. It would be better if I could raid any other day as well, but I don't have hours to try to join a group then wait for the some more players for the quitters and after 5 hours giving up with Nythendra, Heart and Ursoc. Becasue suffocating in my own blood and is more fun than that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I have two feeling on this issue.

1: Artefacts were a major selling point of Legion and so locking out an important part of them from the majority of the player base is a dick move by Blizzard.

2: Having said that, there is a PVP skin so it makes sense there would be a PVE one, however (AFAIK) the PVP one doesn't require anything that isn't puggable (And IIRC can even be done via the PVP world quests, it would just take forever).

1: What's so important about one skin?

2: You can't compare raids and pvp, they are just way to different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    you should check the essences drop rates (as well as reading the quest where it states that you need 30 of them) before posting nonsense like that
    I will correct myself, [.......] clear it in 40 minute, do it for some weeks, grab your comsetic.
    Really nothing changes, i do trasmog run every espansion and you usually don't get full tier or a weapon in one run, this is the same. Your lack of patience is a nosense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post

They are so different that you can actually get the pvp skin with nothing but pve.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Wait 6 months, overgear EN normal, make a trasmog run that will fill faster then a LFR queue wait time, clear it in 40 minute, grab your cosmetic.

P.S: coming from someone (casual) that have not cleared EN normal.
    Realistically, yeah. If this happened before LFG and cross-realm grouping, I might have been mad, because who knows if there would even have raid like that on my server? But now? Either I start it or someone else does.

Just not feeling the rage here, despite being totes casual these days.

its an artifact skin, its very important

doubly so if its (to you) the best looking one among all others

Deleted
    normal is basically for free as always so whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Except it won't be bigger than flight. Since flight is a touchy subject for a number of people, not myself personally but I can see why people get so passionate about flight.

Literally the only people who will cry about this will be LFR heroes and likely Blizzard will give them their way to stop the kicking and screaming, or the threats about "I'M GOING TO UNSUB BECAUSE OF THIS ONE ARTIFACT APPEARANCE!" Honestly I wish everyone who threatened to unsub due to a change actually did. Maybe then the community wouldn't be a cesspool.

Also, you can't call LFR heroes a "majority of raiders" because they aren't even raiders to begin with. If you want to argue "Well Blizzard says it's raiding!" then I'll argue this: "If I call you fat and ugly IRL, does that mean you are that just because I said so?" This is the issue with LFR people: They don't know how to earn anything, but they think they're earning them because bosses spit loot for afking and says "YOU EARNED THIS!" It's just about as idiotic as the concept of giving people trophies because they bothered to show up.
    our post would be valid if blizzard hadn't already purged lfr for everything beside gear, blizzard made achievement unavailable in lfr, mount don't drop, title are unavailable, in wod you even miss some follower, so in the end blizzard already removed enough but seem they continue with this bs.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I have two feeling on this issue.

1: Artefacts were a major selling point of Legion and so locking out an important part of them from the majority of the player base is a dick move by Blizzard.
    ).
    Its just a skin though, If it was artifact power, Fair enough complain, but EN Normal is stupidly easy and you can wait until later in the xpac when everyone overgears it and it will take like 1h to do it all

10+ Year Old Account
    Kudos to Blizzard for drawing a line in the sand.
    LFR is tourism mode, not endgame. You want fancy titles, cosmetics, mounts? Put in the effort. The end.

You just don't need them. What you do need, is to work for them, IF you do WANT them. But you don't need a cosmetic thing, at all. So stop crying, either get in a group or just stop caring about cosmetics that you absolutely do not need for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drujt View Post
    normal is basically for free as always so whats the problem?
    People are lazy / dont have time to do normal mode and are demanding they get the skin for doing LFR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Its just a skin though, If it was artifact power, Fair enough complain, but EN Normal is stupidly easy and you can wait until later in the xpac when everyone overgears it and it will take like 1h to do it all
    So I can get 1500 AP from collecting 5 nuts, but getting a skin, (that won't make me more powerful) should only be obtaineble from normal raiding?

ALso Artifacts are one of the main selling points of Legion. That is the issue.

The problem here is, that the quest for the skin comes just from your order hall. It should start within the raid, so that people who do not raid normal on up do not start the quest chain to begin with.
    That being said, people need to get over the feeling that every single little thing in WoW needs to be for them. It is ok for a few things to be for the people that do this activity. The option to get involved is there, if you can't or won't do it for any reason, then it just isn't for you. There are other things that are. Bottom line, we are talking about a PURELY COSMETIC thing. This is equal to complaining that the Mythic tier gear as some variations and flair that the lower level items do not. If a skin was locked behind doing pet battles, I would probably skip it, that just isn't for me. Same with the PVP skin and the Archeology color variant. I am not going to demand that Blizz changes things to offer these skins in a way that I personally enjoy.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    You just don't need them. What you do need, is to work for them, IF you do WANT them. But you don't need a cosmetic thing, at all. So stop crying, either get in a group or just stop caring about cosmetics that you absolutely do not need for anything.
    So why do "real" raiders cry about casuals getting something no one needs ?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from it looking cool, it's the principle, I don't really care that I will have something awesome that the majority of players will be blocked form getting, it doesn't make me feel any special, it doesn't help my character progression, it's a cosmetic and should be available to all as advertised.

Actually you can, raiding is the highest level of PVE, by comparison the highest level of PVP is... ranked arena? By contrast the PVP skin requires just doing random battlegrounds or better (the equivalent of running normal/heroic dungeons via LFD).

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So I can get 1500 AP from collecting 5 nuts, but getting a skin, (that won't make me more powerful) should only be obtaineble from normal raiding?

They are, and everybody got an artifact. They said in all the press and advertising that the skin variants would come from many different sources.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

What i like about people saying they dont have time to do normal raids and thus stay with lfr, is that from all the lfr i did over the years, a full lfr clear is always much much longer then doing it in an organized raid. My guild just cleared normal EN tonight in 2 hours. With lfr you will wait more then 2 hours just to get in :')

/my2cent

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post

So what if the artifact is the main selling point, A skin doesn't make you more powerful now does it? If there's a PvP one why shouldn't there be a PvE one?