Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM stat priority changed?

Hello there. As I check every hunter (mm) in game right now, people are going for Mastery/Crit. Azortharion, Noxxic and many sites still say Stat Priority is Mastery>Haste>....

What's the real reason people are going for crit now? Isn't haste better for focus regen?

Aimed, windburst and barrage are all casts as well.

Don't ever listen to Noxxic. Really. I have to wonder at this point if the creator(s) are actively trolling the playerbase, since even the devs have commented on how bad they are and yet they keep going.

Mastery is our best stat, no arguement there.
    Now im not an expert, but ive run personal sims and dps test myself, and generally;
    Haste is our second best, by a lot. It affects the cast speed, focus regen, and auto attack speed. In the past, AA wasn't a huge deal for us, but given our marked shot and LnL are based off AA, this helps the value.
    We get a little crit for some talents from artifact tree and our Bulleye's trait gives us a large stacking crit buff (meh to crap on short fights, amazing on long boss fights with last 30% burn phases...looking at you Ursoc, Cenarius, and Xavius).

TLDR, I see a lot of hunters wearing Mastery/Crit cause....there seems to be a lot and some people just wear whatever is their highest ilvl without doing math to see if its actually better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Mastery is our best stat, no arguement there.
    Now im not an expert, but ive run personal sims and dps test myself, and generally;
    Haste is our second best, by a lot. It affects the cast speed, focus regen, and auto attack speed. In the past, AA wasn't a huge deal for us, but given our marked shot and LnL are based off AA, this helps the value.
    We get a little crit for some talents from artifact tree and our Bulleye's trait gives us a large stacking crit buff (meh to crap on short fights, amazing on long boss fights with last 30% burn phases...looking at you Ursoc, Cenarius, and Xavius).

TLDR, I see a lot of hunters wearing Mastery/Crit cause....there seems to be a lot and some people just wear whatever is their highest ilvl without doing math to see if its actually better.
    wouldnt say that, i use pawn with newest strings and still wear a lot of crit and even some versa, simply because the higher ilvl makes it better than mastery/haste gear.

Thank you all for the answers. The most logical answer for this matter is item level then. I would like to hear from Azortharion too Btw, Noxxic was just an example. I have only checked that site once in the past and never got in again :P

Quote Originally Posted by mcdastar View Post
    Thank you all for the answers. The most logical answer for this matter is item level then. I would like to hear from Azortharion too Btw, Noxxic was just an example. I have only checked that site once in the past and never got in again :P
    Why do you think he'd bother commenting? It's quite clear from the guides what the priority is. He doesn't really have to validate it to you, you can use it or not if you believe it's wrong.

Deleted
    I have a hell of alot of Mastery / crit gear and a painfully low amount of haste because.... It's the only fricking gear which seems to drop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Why do you think he'd bother commenting? It's quite clear from the guides what the priority is. He doesn't really have to validate it to you, you can use it or not if you believe it's wrong.
    Calm down dude lol

Deleted
    Hello there. As I check every hunter (mm) in game right now, people are going for Mastery/Crit. Azortharion, Noxxic and many sites still say Stat Priority is Mastery>Haste>....

What's the real reason people are going for crit now? Isn't haste better for focus regen?
    As in, you asked them and they said the wanted crit over haste? or inspected them and saw their gear? RNGesuz dont care about no stat prio.

I too have alot of Mastery/Crit gear and it's not by choice.

I try to find as much mastery/haste gear as possible but you still end up with a lot of crit/mastery. Currently with my gear I have around 30% crit, 23% Mastery and 13% haste without gem and enchants. To counter this I enchant and socket everything with haste, I find the value to be there as I can get off some more aimed shots during vunerable and get some more marked target procs.

It's not that they're GOING for crit; it's just that, right now, the available gear tends to have a lot of crit on it. I know my crit is my highest stat and it's NOT because I chose it to be that way. It seems that most of the upgrades I get have a ton of crit. Like the gear will have say 400 mastery and 1100 crit. I'm like wth?

Crit and haste are fairly equal, mastery and iLvl(=Agility) are what determine an upgrade atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a few others have said Haste & Crit are pretty close

CritRating=7.05
    Agility=7.79
    HasteRating=7.25
    MasteryRating=9.15
    Versatility=7.01
    Dps=25.01
    RangedDps=25.01

Ripped from Azor's Pawn string

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

As far as i have understood, our best stat by prio from left to right is mastery>agi>haste>crit>versa... where haste and crit i acctually pretty close in value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    As a few others have said Haste & Crit are pretty close

CritRating=7.05
    Agility=7.79
    HasteRating=7.25
    MasteryRating=9.15
    Versatility=7.01
    Dps=25.01
    RangedDps=25.01

Ripped from Azor's Pawn string
    Wow, thats a huge change in stats? I used the pawn string from his guide from maybe a week ago or so and it looked completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Wow, thats a huge change in stats? I used the pawn string from his guide from maybe a week ago or so and it looked completely different.
    I believe the Windburst change caused Mastery to go up in value. I'm seeing similar stat weights when simming myself.

Deleted
    Stat values change a lot depending on your current gear though. Mastery, for example, works much the same now as armor penetration used to back in WOTLK (the more powerful your spells are the more it gains from mastery, likewise you would gain more from arp if you had a higher base value on things such as weapon dps and attack power). I think Azor does as good a job as he can to sim 'general' stat weights, and I don't think they are inaccurate but the best thing a hunter can do is download a sim software and figure out his own stat weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    astery, for example, works much the same now as armor penetration used to back in WOTLK (the more powerful your spells are the more it gains from mastery, likewise you would gain more from arp if you had a higher base value on things such as weapon dps and attack power).
    Arp scaled exponentially with itself - surely Mastery today doesn't scale the same way?