Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

I'm glad I got over Pokemon in gen 5. All these new ridiculous ideas and concepts aren't making me miss it. They already had the perfect recipe for success, now they're going Japanese-crazy with all these ridiculous things. Pokemon battles are starting to look like one of those hilarious Japanese game shows. dance to attack with a Z-move! Press this button to mega evolve! This one to mega-mega evolve into a primal evolution! It's becoming a convoluted mess and I'm getting too old to care to try and follow.

Also naming Pokemon Type: Null?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'd like to think that GF is doing all of that to fuck with Smogon and similar mindsets.
    I think you underestimate how fast data converges when thousands and thousands of matches are played and usage stats of pokemon/items are being made public.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm glad I got over Pokemon in gen 5. All these new ridiculous ideas and concepts aren't making me miss it. They already had the perfect recipe for success, now they're going Japanese-crazy with all these ridiculous things. It's becoming a convoluted mess and I'm getting too old to care to try and follow.
    OK bye.

So episode 3 of generations came out. Lots of cheesy dialogue and hardly saw any of the fights.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

new digimon tri is up

Sun and Moon Squad looking better than ever!

I can't wait to get my hands on the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Rampardos could get it's hands on AccelRock ._.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    2spooky4me

His low speed balances him out like Archeops with Defeatist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    2spooky4me

His low speed balances him out like Archeops with Defeatist
    Meanwhile Conkeldurr has Mach Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Priority moves usually have low base power (unless you're Extreme Speed) so I wouldn't see that being too much of an issue. Rampardos'es defences are still paper.

Deleted
    News about cool new DS themes (though Japan only so far) on Serebii:

Two brand new themes have been released in Japan for 200¥ each. These themes each have a specific focus and Pokémon theme. The first is the Pokemon Evil Team: Team Rocket theme which features a Giovanni backdrop which scrolls to show the Team Rocket admins from HeartGold & SoulSilver and the Team Rocket Appears music from Pokémon Red & Green
    Next is the Pokémon Evil Team: Team Galactic theme which features a Cyrus backdrop which scrolls and features the Team Galactic admins and the Battle! Team Galactic music from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
    There is currently no sign of international release.

I want them both so bad... And I rarely get interested in new themes too. (Only have 6 in total)

I would pay for the Team Rocket theme for sure!

Btw, For anyone who missed it, you can get the mystery gift Darkrai by entering the code Darkrai20!

they need to bring back team rocket.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    News about cool new DS themes (though Japan only so far) on Serebii:

I want them both so bad... And I rarely get interested in new themes too. (Only have 6 in total)
    I wouldnt mind team rocket one.

Btw any1 playing dragon quest 7 on 3ds?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    This might be old news but:
    Appearently Pokemon-Bank will not update to be usable with Sun and Moon till January... (So basically 2 months into the new generation).

I'm not a fan of this. Might as well just wait with purchasing Sun or Moon till January then. :/

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    new digimon tri is up
    Sadly still a snoozefest... right up till the last 20 minutes.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-09-30 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i wont be buying any poke-bank time anyway. (the old one is gone anyway and i only had trash pokemon on them)

I will probaly wait till they do the update in case some shit happens, like losing pokemon and stuff.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    This might be old news but:
    Appearently Pokemon-Bank will not update to be usable with Sun and Moon till January... (So basically 2 months into the new generation).

I'm not a fan of this. Might as well just wait with purchasing Sun or Moon till January then. :/

Sadly still a snoozefest... right up till the last 20 minutes.
    Old news, but there's no reason to wait, really. Just play the game, that is certainly going to be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Old news, but there's no reason to wait, really. Just play the game, that is certainly going to be awesome.
    I know that's what i'm expected to do...
    I played Y like that... and it was just not it. With the little information we had i spent most of the time looking for a dratini/dragonair and only got it late into the game.

It really is ok. But i still question this particular move of theirs.
    It will probably hurt sales on both: the games AND Pokebank itself. At least in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I know that's what i'm expected to do...
    I played Y like that... and it was just not it. With the little information we had i spent most of the time looking for a dratini/dragonair and only got it late into the game.

It really is ok. But i still question this particular move of theirs.
    It will probably hurt sales on both: the games AND Pokebank itself. At least in the short term.
    Bah, definitely not going to hurt sales. I for example have already bred 3 teams of mons for the playthrough, but they decided to delay the pokebank. It's cool. I will start with my Poplio and go from there. A new adventure is so much more important than carrying over all your effort instantly. You know it's going to happen anyway, and a fresh start always does good to the game.

Now to only hope that there will be no possibility of hacking mons into the games for 7th gen. I really want that.

The reason for the pokebank delay is, imo, pretty simple. They probably want players to play the game the "normal" way and enjoy the new pokemons.