Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Why the hostility? I stay out of those groups and play the game on "story mode". I'm not some elite player, and I refuse to spend hours wiping on new bosses, or thousand of gold on flasks/mats/repairs.

I've been playing this game since early wotlk. The first few times I pugged a raid in that xpac were.... less than enjoyable. No tolerance for human error. RL's raging like aholes. Loot drama. Nope. Never again. Haven't missed a single tier in LFR since DS.
    Hostility is because you want something that is exclusively available to a certain commitment to change just because you want it? where is this self-righteousness and entitlement is coming from?

Lets say I am the boss and I say everyone who meets these requirements will get a new cooler looking desk chair that is just as comfortable as this one and actually adds no real value to anything just cosmetic. And bunch of people are on board because they will be able to do that and stand out and feel a sense of pride and personal accomplishment, now fucking Bob comes and his crew sais, no everyone should be able to get that chair, make those requirements easier this is fucking stupid. When you say wtf are you talking about BoB, this is requirement I set to get this thing, and in no way Im forcing anyone to get it, he sais woah woah relax

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    There shouldnt be a single sane person not disagreeing with THIS quest chain design.
    Give skin that requires raids and recolors are unlocked doing harder raids or hard fight achievements and all is good and well... But this quest is just wrong, there is no other way around it.
    Arrives to you in Order Hall and means everyone will get it and will start doing it only to hit the wall of dealing with stupidity and endless normal raid grind(reports of 1 essence per normal clear means lots and lots of pugs) for no reason. There is absolutely no indication that you wont be able to complete the quest without doing that. For every casual joe out there, its just another order hall quest, like campaign or whatever.
    You end up wasting all your time, effort and materials for something you will probably never complete after doing half of it already. Quite silly

I have nothing against raiders getting their shit, but ive just wasted my time, effort and materials getting to the step that i will now abandon and never come back to again.
    My issue here is the damn quest, not that something is not obtainable without proper raiding. Its the fact that everyone gets the quest that rewards basically nothing unless you do what minority does... raid, with no other way around it. People and guilds that raid already have enough for mythic+ and mythic dungeons, but doesnt work other way around.
    So first step requiring raid for some chain starter item that leads you to mythic dungeons to collect "components" for it is all fine to me. I wouldnt waste time with it, as i would know i dont want to raid, so the skin is not for me. But this? This is just plain stupidity... quest is just bait to waste time and effort to irritate majority of people for no reason other than lack of common sense by blizzard.
    Time and effort? You mean the 3 short quests and 2 Mythic Dungeons? You guys will complain about anything.

Blizz made their statement, like it or not, that's their design philosophy.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-09-28 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    The effort that i put in is that i learn my class and how to play it the best i can, i learn the fights in dungeons and raids so i have minimal downtime and wipes on my behalf, that i keep a calm and relaxed attitude when someone makes a mistake instead of burning them to the ground.

But all that is irrelevant because i can't play for 8 hours a day because i have responsibilities outside the game?
    That would be a very strong point, if you had to play 8 hours a day to clear normal mode once...
    Our guild went in without knowing all the tactics and cleared normal in 1h 20min. I'm very much aware that this won't be the case for most people, especially if you're not in a guild, but getting a group and going there to kill the bosses once is not a full time job!

People keep saying how everything should be obtainable by everyone, which i agree with. But it IS! The point i can never agree with is that everything should be obtainable by everyone no matter how little time or effort you spend in the game.
    Levleing 1-110? Don't have time, i should just be given insstant and free 110
    Gear? Don't have time and don't want to work for my gear, i should just be given free 850 gear...
    This should apply to cosmetic items aswell. The value of an item is reduced by the amount of them availible, meaning if everyone got everything for free the fun and excitement of actually getting them would be completly removed.
    Last edited by mmocc3352b24be; 2016-09-28 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    So quit.
    If you can't stand the organized content in MMORPGs you shouldn't be playing one anyway. There are plenty of matchmaking multiplayer games out there, play one of those. MMORPGS isn't for everyone.
    Literally everything can be done outside of an organized group except vanity items/titles and a couple of dungeons. What is that, like, 1% of the actual content of the game? (NOTE, IN SAYING THIS, I'M NOT SAYING THE SKIN SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IN LFR, IT'S PERFECTLY FINE THAT IT ISN'T, SINCE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE POINTING OUT LOGICAL FALLACIES IN AN UNRELATED WAY WILL SOMETIMES MAKE PEOPLE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    So that excuses it being stupid, ill thought out and out of keeping with the rest of the skin unlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    So that excuses it being stupid, ill thought out and out of keeping with the rest of the skin unlocks?
    It's not though. Try N EN sometime and you'll find out.

There shouldnt be a single sane person not disagreeing with THIS quest chain design.
    Give skin that requires raids and recolors are unlocked doing harder raids or hard fight achievements and all is good and well... But this quest is just wrong, there is no other way around it.
    Arrives to you in Order Hall and means everyone will get it and will start doing it only to hit the wall of dealing with stupidity and endless normal raid grind(reports of 1 essence per normal clear means lots and lots of pugs) for no reason. There is absolutely no indication that you wont be able to complete the quest without doing that. For every casual joe out there, its just another order hall quest, like campaign or whatever.
    You end up wasting all your time, effort and materials for something you will probably never complete after doing half of it already. Quite silly

I have nothing against raiders getting their shit, but ive just wasted my time, effort and materials getting to the step that i will now abandon and never come back to again.
    My issue here is the damn quest, not that something is not obtainable without proper raiding. Its the fact that everyone gets the quest that rewards basically nothing unless you do what minority does... raid, with no other way around it. People and guilds that raid already have enough for mythic+ and mythic dungeons, but doesnt work other way around.
    So first step requiring raid for some chain starter item that leads you to mythic dungeons to collect "components" for it is all fine to me. I wouldnt waste time with it, as i would know i dont want to raid, so the skin is not for me. But this? This is just plain stupidity... quest is just bait to waste time and effort to irritate majority of people for no reason other than lack of common sense by blizzard.

Blizzard have always made a raid quest (so you should have expect it), Why would you expect this to be any different, Yes, Previous xpac's you could complete them in LFR because a legendary was tied to it and that was different, Take WOD For example the ring upgrade items were locked behind Normal Archi + or using valor to buy it and would take a bit to get by doing LFR so you did Mythic Dungeons. so if you wanted a 795 Ring you had to put some effort into getting it, Same applies here, Put a little bit of effort into killing Normal Mode and you will get your skin.

If you can't be bothered to put some form of effort in obtaining something you want then you don't deserve to get it. Its as simple as that and blizzard agrees

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, the people backing up Blizzard are simply doing so because the majority of players being blocked makes them feel special/superior.

No that's not the reason, It makes sense that if you put effort in you get a reward.

Line of skins requires effort to unlock. Put in effort, boiz.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not though. Try N EN sometime and you'll find out.
    I did N EN on launch day as a warm up, the difficulty of the challenge isn't the issue. It's the fact it's so out of keeping with the rest of the skin unlocks, not only does it block 82% of the player base from getting that skin it blocks them from the entire skin row and it's not even the most awkward one to obtain on that row.

You shouldn't have to do organised raiding in order to unlock the ability to unlock the skins form dungeons and world elite. That's just stupid. It would be like if unlocking dungeon set 2 had required players to be in full tier.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Blizzard shat the bed royally on this one.

It's really weird that some people didn't understand that you needed the "base" skin to have the other colors available, because :
    -For the first skin, you can't have the last three without the first.
    -For the PvP skin, you can't have the last three without the first.
    -For the Hidden skin, you can't have the last three without the first.

There is a pattern here, you know ?

-For the second skin, you could probably do the requirements for the colors before unlocking the "base" one. But if someone has done all those research on AK, has 34 traits and waited 16 weeks for 8 Archeology rare projects without finishing his class campaign, well this person seems a little crazy to me. So for this one you probably can't have the last three before the first.

There is still a pattern here.

Deleted
    Time and effort? You mean the 3 short quests and 2 Mythic Dungeons? You guys will complain about anything.

Yeap, that is time and effort, unless you think 30 blood and 2 mythics completed themselves instantly?
    Yes they did make their statement, yes it might be their design philosophy. Why does that matter? You always just shut up and take it? You never voice your concerns about stuff (even clearly wrong like this one, or equality for that matter?) or make suggestions about changing anything?

We do... so posting blizzard statements means absolutely nothing, we already know their stance, as they did design the quest chain, it didnt design itself. Its clearly bad and wrong and we will obviously complain about it, no matter if other people lack the common sense to see why its wrong and bad.

And yes, i will complain about everything that is obviously wrong and bad like this. There is 0 upside to staying quiet about anything like that, but there might be some upside(no matter how slim it might be) to not being quiet... so absolutely no reason not to...

Quote Originally Posted by Xyze View Post
    How hard do you think normal is, have you done it?
    For some pugs, wipefest the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It's really weird that some people didn't understand that you needed the "base" skin to have the other colors available, because :
    -For the first skin, you can't have the last three without the first.
    -For the PvP skin, you can't have the last three without the first.
    -For the Hidden skin, you can't have the last three without the first.

There is a pattern here, you know ?

-For the second skin, you could probably do the requirements for the colors before unlocking the "base" one. But if someone has done all those research on AK, has 34 traits and waited 16 weeks for 8 Archeology rare projects without finishing his class campaign, well this person seems a little crazy to me. So for this one you probably can't have the last three before the first.

There is still a pattern here.
    ppl understood that and they also expected that the base would be gotten from LFR which would then let them use their dungeon/world bosses skins too

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    If you can get into a mythic group you can also get into a raidgroup for normal. There is no difference.
    yes there is and its a pretty damn huge difference

Yeap, that is time and effort, unless you think 30 blood and 2 mythics completed themselves instantly?
    Yes they did make their statement, yes it might be their design philosophy. Why does that matter? You always just shut up and take it? You never voice your concerns about stuff (even clearly wrong like this one, or equality for that matter?) or make suggestions about changing anything?

We do... so posting blizzard statements means absolutely nothing, we already know their stance, as they did design the quest chain, it didnt design itself. Its clearly bad and wrong and we will obviously complain about it, no matter if other people lack the common sense to see why its wrong and bad.

And yes, i will complain about everything that is obviously wrong and bad like this. There is 0 upside to staying quiet about anything like that, but there might be some upside(no matter how slim it might be) to not being quiet... so absolutely no reason not to...

The artifact skin is a reward for doing organized group content. Do organized group content and the skin will be yours. It's purely cosmetic so you can choose not to; it makes no impact on your character's power.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with them wanting people to do content to get gear. It's basically a "glory" achievement for your weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    ppl understood that and they also expected that the base would be gotten from LFR which would then let them use their dungeon/world bosses skins too
    People assumed.

when you assume you make an ass of yourself.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    And that's a Bing-Oh.

Why are those same people not complaining about the skin that requires you to do ranked PvP battlegrounds or arena wins etc
    Because that's not the base skin that unlocks the row.

*EDIT*

Is there even one that requires that? It's not showing on the Wowhead list.

Deleted
    So now trying to make a skin for different types of content is stupid?

There is one for:
    - everyone (talking normal skin)
    - everyone who just wants to see the story unfold (upgraded skin, received at end of class-campaign)
    - PvPers (unlocked via prestige1 +50)
    - PvEers (unlocked via ED and mythic instances)
    - explorers (talking about the hidden one here; check the forums... communities are comming together just to figure it out)

Why are those same people not complaining about the skin that requires you to do ranked PvP battlegrounds or arena wins etc
    there is no such skin

you can get the PvP ones by just losing unranked BGs/arenas (you still get some honor .. especially on bonus honor weekends) or even just warden towers

I'm sorry, but the most likely design direction is that eventually LFR will be removed from the game
    ^^
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-09-28 at 11:15 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    AFAIK you don't have to do balance of Power to unlock the other colors of the skin.
    I don't mean to be rude, but until we have any confirmation of that I will go with what all the guides say and how every other row worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    AFAIK you don't have to do balance of Power to unlock the other colors of the skin.
    Yes you do