Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Did a coalition of Middle Eastern and European countries just blame the US for slavery?
    Where are you getting that from?

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    We tried to charge all those filthy slave owners, but turns out they're all dead! Then we tried to do the right thing and pay reparations to all the former slaves, but they're all dead too. Who knew.

Someones cousins friends uncle needs a few hundred thousand dollars, so they contract them out to do this "research" and put together a statement that's designed to look ridiculous and fail but also push a certain message... is what's going on.
    It's not only that. They're trying to get people to pay for something that no one alive did. And, only about 1.5% of all Americans back then even owned slaves. I'm sorry, but my ancestors were Irish, and were treated even worse than the blacks were. When do i get my check?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Did you know that the muslims dominated slave trade for 10 centuries? maby they should pay some to.

At least ten centuries of slavery for the benefit of the Muslim countries (from the ninth to the nineteenth)." He continues: "Four million slaves exported via the Red Sea, another four million through the Swahili ports of the Indian Ocean, perhaps as many as nine million along the trans-Saharan caravan route, and eleven to twenty million (depending on the author) across the Atlantic Ocean"

However, at least 28 million Africans were enslaved in the Muslim Middle East. As at least 80% of those captured by Muslim slave traders were calculated to have died before reaching the slave markets, it is believed that the death toll from the 14 centuries of Muslim slave raids into Africa could have been over 112 million. When added to the number of those sold in the slave markets, the total number of African victims of the Trans Saharan and East African slave trade could be significantly higher than 140 million people.

Or is it only the us/whites doing it that matters? blacks themselves also helped capture other blacks alot but that is a forbidden topic i guess.

Im also sure sweden used slaves to, maby we should pay up some to?

I hear US prisons still do slave labor.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Reading this thread is like a whole bunch of stupid. I'm what country have reparations ever been giving by directly people responsible to direct victims?

Brazil has a form of reparations. Descendants of slaves have the right to claim lands that their ancestors since worked on. By the way due to slavwry in Brazil there is quite some racism towards black Brazilians. The point of reparations is to try and make up all the wrong doings to a groups ANCESTORS. All this retarded talk of "there are no slaves now and there are no slave owners alive now" is a stupid thing to say because reparations have always been about trying to fix past issues that have affected A GROUP. And don't try and tell me that there are absolutely no issues facing the black American community because of a few hundred years up to the 80s hasn't negatively affected blacks. Native Americans for reparations. After slavery ended blacks were suppose to get reparations but only a very small percentage did. We have just a few generations removed from slavery. Do all of you mean to tell me if one of your ancestors was owed something and never got it that you wouldn't still fight for it? Would you say "nah it's a wash now"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Did you know that the muslims dominated slave trade for 10 centuries? maby they should pay some to.

At least ten centuries of slavery for the benefit of the Muslim countries (from the ninth to the nineteenth)." He continues: "Four million slaves exported via the Red Sea, another four million through the Swahili ports of the Indian Ocean, perhaps as many as nine million along the trans-Saharan caravan route, and eleven to twenty million (depending on the author) across the Atlantic Ocean"

However, at least 28 million Africans were enslaved in the Muslim Middle East. As at least 80% of those captured by Muslim slave traders were calculated to have died before reaching the slave markets, it is believed that the death toll from the 14 centuries of Muslim slave raids into Africa could have been over 112 million. When added to the number of those sold in the slave markets, the total number of African victims of the Trans Saharan and East African slave trade could be significantly higher than 140 million people.

Or is it only the us/whites doing it that matters? blacks themselves also helped capture other blacks alot but that is a forbidden topic i guess.

Im also sure sweden used slaves to, maby we should pay up some to?
    Why don't you research the issue instead of asking silly questions you could find out in a very short time ? There have been major issues concerning rights of blacks among areas with arabs and whites in Africa who are descended from slave owners. For fuck sales the class of people that were slaves were slaves until very recently in some countries. So no it's not just you whites unless you want to be willfullying ignorant of the world around you. You're on a fucking computer. Use a search engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    It's not only that. They're trying to get people to pay for something that no one alive did. And, only about 1.5% of all Americans back then even owned slaves. I'm sorry, but my ancestors were Irish, and were treated even worse than the blacks were. When do i get my check?

Really your Irish ancestors had it worse than blacks... in America?

What about the black slavers in the coastal towns of Africa that went inland to find their slaves?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Reading this thread is like a whole bunch of stupid. I'm what country have reparations ever been giving by directly people responsible to direct victims?

Brazil has a form of reparations. Descendants of slaves have the right to claim lands that their ancestors since worked on. By the way due to slavwry in Brazil there is quite some racism towards black Brazilians. The point of reparations is to try and make up all the wrong doings to a groups ANCESTORS. All this retarded talk of "there are no slaves now and there are no slave owners alive now" is a stupid thing to say because reparations have always been about trying to fix past issues that have affected A GROUP. And don't try and tell me that there are absolutely no issues facing the black American community because of a few hundred years up to the 80s hasn't negatively affected blacks. Native Americans for reparations. After slavery ended blacks were suppose to get reparations but only a very small percentage did. We have just a few generations removed from slavery. Do all of you mean to tell me if one of your ancestors was owed something and never got it that you wouldn't still fight for it? Would you say "nah it's a wash now"
    How would you decide who is entitled to the reparations?

Any black person with ancestors that arrived post-slavery, would they be entitled? What about black people that have some white ancestry? Or white people that have some black ancestry? Unless they can conclusively prove that all their ancestors were slaves shipped over from Africa, then why should they receive anything, as part of their ancestry may well have been involved as slavers?

I don't want free stuff from Turkey because some Turks enslaved some of my ancestors, it didn't happen to me, so why am I entitled to anything?

Well keep in mind this is the same UN that thinks they need Saudi Arabia's input on human rights issues.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Muslims can pay first. They enslaved millions of Black and White people. Fuck off UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How would you decide who is entitled to the reparations?

Any black person with ancestors that arrived post-slavery, would they be entitled? What about black people that have some white ancestry? Or white people that have some black ancestry? Unless they can conclusively prove that all their ancestors were slaves shipped over from Africa, then why should they receive anything, as part of their ancestry may well have been involved as slavers?

I don't want free stuff from Turkey because some Turks enslaved some of my ancestors, it didn't happen to me, so why am I entitled to anything?

Any black person not descended from slaves wouldn't be able to claim reparations it wouldn't be for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    The Muslims can pay first. They enslaved millions of Black and White people. Fuck off UN.
    There have been calls for reparations concerning that issue so....

Any black person not descended from slaves wouldn't be able to claim reparations it wouldn't be for them.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been calls for reparations concerning that issue so....
    And every other tax payer has to front that shit. Fuck that, even if I benefitted.

Anyone that wants to do this joke needs to generate the funds purely on their own. (So, never.)
    Last edited by Dextroden; 2016-09-28 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

Oh UN. Have fun being completely useless. As always.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Only 7% of African slaves were brought to the US yet we're the "monsters".

HA! Eat a bag of dicks UN.

And let me fix my own statement above;

Only 7% of African slaves were brought to the British North America yet we're the "monsters".

10+ Year Old Account
    Any black person not descended from slaves wouldn't be able to claim reparations it wouldn't be for them....
    How do you determine who is what? It's not like they kept detailed records of lineages.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Only 7% of African slaves were brought to the US yet we're the "monsters".

HA! Eat a bag of dicks UN.

And let me fix my own statement above;

Only 7% of African slaves were brought to the British North America yet we're the "monsters".
    And what happened post 1776? If America remained part of. Ritalin slavery would have ended earlier and perhaps race relations should have been better since we would have had more time to fix racial tensions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How do you determine who is what? It's not like they kept detailed records of lineages.

Search by surnames. Slave owners did keep records and people can often trace their family back to a state around a certain time when aslavwe was there

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not to mention I'm certain A LOT of people will suddenly have slave roots if someone motioned to make this stupidity happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are willing to accept reparations for black people with some non-slave ancestry, then you must be willing to also accept reparations for white people with some slave ancestry - doing otherwise would be flat out racism.

But that wouldn't make any sense, as you would be paying reparations to people whose ancestors may well be guilty of slaving, so you can't be saying that, it would be nonsensical to be entitled to reparations based on no evidence, which your post seems to acknowledge.

Most black Americans do not have 100% ancestry from slaves, you can tell this by seeing how dark skinned West Africans typically are. However skintone is a crap way of deciding, so the only way to decide who would qualify is by doing a DNA test and only accepting claims from those who have 100% West African DNA, who can also prove at some point that their ancestors were slaves in the US and that none came after slavery ended.

Do you see the fundamental problems with reparations after a century-and-a-half of intermixing? Nobody would be able to claim, so it makes the entire notion of reparations utterly pointless.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2016-09-28 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    If you are willing to accept reparations for black people with some non-slave ancestry, then you must be willing to also accept reparations for white people with some slave ancestry - doing otherwise would be flat out racism.

But that wouldn't make any sense, as you would be paying reparations to people whose ancestors may well be guilty of slaving, so you can't be saying that, it would be nonsensical to be entitled to reparations based on no evidence.

Most black Americans do not have 100% ancestry from slaves, you can tell this by seeing how dark skinned West Africans typically are. However skintone is a crap way of deciding, so the only way to decide who would qualify is by doing a DNA test and only accepting claims from those who have 100% West African DNA, who can also prove at some point that their ancestors were slaves in the US.

Do you see the fundamental problems with reparations after a century-and-a-half of intermixing? Nobody would be able to claim, so it makes the entire notion of reparations utterly pointless.
    No person is one hundred percent west African. The blackest of black people are about 97 percent.

White slaves not indentured servants should be able to get reparations however that wouldn't be from America. That would be in African countries that enslaved whites at some point if those whites are currently facing issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Search by surnames. Slave owners did keep records and people can often trace their family back to a state around a certain time when aslavwe was there
    There couldn't possibly some common surnames who's ancestors were never slave.

Ooh, what about non-blacks with those surnames? Or are reparations an AA thing only?

10+ Year Old Account
    No person is one hundred percent west African. The blackest of black people are about 97 percent.

White slaves not indentured servants should be able to get reparations however that wouldn't be from America. That would be in African countries that enslaved whites at some point if those whites are currently facing issues.
    So are you saying only those with at least 97% West African DNA are entitled to reparations? That is not going to be many people, probably only a tiny handful.

- - - Updated - - -

I am talking about white people in the US, who had an ancestor that was a slave in the US, not people enslaved outside the US. Lots of people have one ancestor of a different race.