Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well, she saw visions in which nightborne went against the legion. but we didnt knock the suramar door at the same moment the legion did. they appeared first.

what her visions showed was probably: legion shows up, suramar rejects them, legion destroys them. the end. maybe then later we appear and beat the legion. but nightborne have fallen already.

so her visions were true - if they rejected legions offer AT THE TIME they got it, they would be destroyed. Ellisande didnt take into consideration there might be help. And its not a shocker considering they have been living in isolation from the rest of the world for 10k years.
    Fair enough. I still think it's a copout that the official reason they're oblivious to the rest of the world is that no one outside thought of making contact with the last standing Highborne civilization for 10 000 years. I mean, was AU-Gul'dan really the only one capable of communicating with them through the shield?

Not that the lore inconsistencies really bother me, I've been having a great time with Legion these past weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Because the idea of an expanded universe is atrocious, right? We need more stories told in other formats. The entire history of Azeroth shouldn't unfold right in front of our adventurers.
    I agree to a degree. Big events (e.g. death of a major character) should happen in game. And as Case Vol'jin showed, if you're going to develop a character with the intention of getting people to like him, it's better to have his finest moments in the game and not some book a small portion of the playerbase would read. I think they did well with Elisande though, especially since the comic is free and accessible online.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

The shield was fialing snd/or collapsing when the legion contacted them. So no, no one was able to contact them. The legion and guldan were severely motivated to do so and had enough power and ability behind them to do so.

No one even realized they had to contact them (why would they?). It's easy to talk like this with 2020 rear vision.

All their reasons were already in the game, explained multiple times. Not JUST in comics and books.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-09-28 at 07:29 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Because the idea of an expanded universe is atrocious, right? We need more stories told in other formats. The entire history of Azeroth shouldn't unfold right in front of our adventurers.

The latter part of my comment is my frustration at how much is not told in game, I am not saying it all needs to be in game, but the odd summary of things out of the game, put into the game would be a big help, like in game there is no knowledge at all of the events of war crimes except the fact he escaped with the dragon, all the other details are not touched upon.

Isn't that a shame?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    But... the story was given in game? Or did you skip the Suramar intro cinematic?
    I did not it's my favorite in game cinematic!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Elisande checked the possible scenarios of future and none of them showed a positive outcome for the Nightborne if they went against the Legion.

Since we know we're eventually going to beat the Legion, I wonder if Gul'dan or someone twisted Elisande's visions, or if her gift is just that unreliable.
    Probably Elisande's visions only factored in Suramar resisting. At the time they did think that the rest of the world was a demon infested badlands and that Suramar was all that remained.

Who knows, maybe Gul'Dan's ultimatum had more to do with him knowing that we were hot on his heels and that if we made contact with Suramar they'd be more inclined to resist than join.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    but isnt the legions goal to purge the entire planet/universe by burning it to ashes? what kinda alliance is that
    i mean suramar wont be spared in either case

Very simple. Join us or die. It's a pretty effective tactic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    but isnt the legions goal to purge the entire planet/universe by burning it to ashes? what kinda alliance is that
    i mean suramar wont be spared in either case
    And eventually taking the fight to the Void Lords, and they'll need all the power they can get there because Demons do die in the Twisting Nether, unlike on Azeroth. Hence why Sargeras has recruited so many different species of Demon.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Blizz did a comic strip as to why, go check that out. They HATE telling the lore actually in game, you have to piece it together from random videos', comics, books and blue posts.
    more like most players just ignore it and skip the stuff in game whenever they can.

Deleted
    It is explained:
    - within the Elisandre-comic that was released pre-launch
    - during the questing for Nightbourne
    - during the Elisandre fight

It all runs down to the leader being able to time-travel and calculate how likely it is that they will be left standing after the whole debacle...
    I mean; we basically have to kill her 3 times to finally convince her that beating the legion is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latter part of my comment is my frustration at how much is not told in game, I am not saying it all needs to be in game, but the odd summary of things out of the game, put into the game would be a big help, like in game there is no knowledge at all of the events of war crimes except the fact he escaped with the dragon, all the other details are not touched upon.

Isn't that a shame?
    I kind of get where you are coming from. Back in the days of physical disks, you could insert that stuff into the manual for everyone to read. But not too many people physically buy expansions nowadays. Maybe we could go back to littering the world with various books, like Vanilla did. That explained Warcraft III and took a few stories out of its manual as well and added them to the game for people to find. I would LOVE for an in-game way to read up on the lore. One of my favorite parts of Legion is unlocking a new chapter in my Artifact's history. I know I could look it up online, but just reading it in game feels so much more immersive.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, adding more ways for players to read up on events from outside the games while inside of the games may give Blizzard more incentive to make more Expanded Universe material, since worrying that players not knowing what's going on becomes less of a concern.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did a comic strip as to why, go check that out. They HATE telling the lore actually in game, you have to piece it together from random videos', comics, books and blue posts.
    sometimes it's good
    sometimes it's bad
    I can't tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.