Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Found a possible new best build for Demo

Hi!

I still play on EU so the buff isn't here yet. Currently sitting at 32% haste (but still crap ilvl weapon) and I think this build might be the best single target + aoe build.

Talents are: Demonic Calling, Implosion, Hand of Doom, Grimoire of Synergy and Soul Conduit (did use Demonbolt, but Soul Conduit seems better cuz of less demons up).

The thing is to only use Dreadstalkers if you have the Demonic Calling buff. Also right after casting a new Hand of Gul'Dan use Implosion. You have about 13 seconds do cast another Hand of Gul'Dan which is usually enough. Always use Demonic Empowerment after Dreadstalker or Hand of Gul'Dan (after Implosion that is).

Wonder if you guys get similar results.

Edit:
    Here is the WA that I made that helped me a lot doing the rotation: http://pastebin.com/hHUHebam. Left marker is use Dreadstalkers, Right marker is use Hand of Gul'Dan (if it's saturated it means you are sitting on 3 Soul Shards).
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2016-09-27 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Hi!

I still play on EU so the buff isn't here yet. Currently sitting at 32% haste (but still crap ilvl weapon) and I think this build might be the best single target + aoe build.

Talents are: Demonic Calling, Implosion, Hand of Doom, Grimoire of Synergy and Demonbolt.

The thing is to only use Dreadstalkers if you have the Demonic Calling buff. Also right after casting a new Hand of Gul'Dan use Implosion. You have about 13 seconds do cast another Hand of Gul'Dan which is usually enough. Always use Demonic Empowerment after Dreadstalker of Hand of Gul'Dan (after Implosion that is).

Wonder if you guys get similar results.

Edit:
    Here is the WA that I made that helped me a lot doing the rotation: http://pastebin.com/hHUHebam. Left marker is use Dreadstalkers, Right marker is use Hand of Gul'Dan (if it's saturated it means you are sitting on 3 Soul Shards).
    Going to try this build but my question is where do you fill in TKC?

LOL I think you just discover some shitt, I just did 25xk dps on dummy without and CDs usage and without perfect execution. (my shadowflame+synergy build were around 260k including CD use)
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2016-09-27 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    From my tests I just used it on CD since every second you are waiting is decreasing the damage you otherwise spend on summoning more demons. I try to use it once my dreadstalkers + 4 imps are up. When testing it build I didn't pay that much attention to it while still getting good results.

Hey so this is the build I was running over the weekend in prep for the upcoming patch. Quick question for something I ran into... I was using Implosion right after casting Hand of Guldan... timing it to buff my new Imps with the death of the previous ones (using the golden trait The Expendables). Now for the problem... when i do this at a target dummy the new imps gain the buff... you can confirm by clicking on a new imp just summoned and they will have the buff on them. However while testing the exact thing during a dungeon run they would not have the buff on the ever. Maybe its lag or latency but I can do this at a dummy with no issues but in a dungeon it does not work... Any ideas?

Deleted
    Implying its new... Well GJ on figuring it out urself i guess and ejoy decent dps in dungeons. Dont underestimate demonwrath on bigger pulls though and try to time implosion with synergy while sqeezing the most of imps' bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Going to try this build but my question is where do you fill in TKC?

LOL I think you just discover some shitt, I just did 25xk dps on dummy without and CDs usage and without perfect execution. (my shadowflame+synergy build were around 260k including CD use)
    I'm curious about TKC usage as well. Do you still try and aim to get TKC with 2 dreads + 6 imps?

I've been running soul conduit for a more all-rounder build. It gives me really competitive aoe and average single target, which imo is better for mythic+ since the trash is usually more dangerous than the bosses.

Deleted
    I tried to replicate the results and I have no idea what's going on, but it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    I've been running soul conduit for a more all-rounder build. It gives me really competitive aoe and average single target, which imo is better for mythic+ since the trash is usually more dangerous than the bosses.
    I did a test and Soul Conduit indeed gave me better damage. Probably cuz you never have more than 4 imps up at the same time, Demon Bolt deals less damage (cuz of Implosion) compared to using Improved Dreadstalkers

Sorry, can you be a bit more specific?

"Always use Demonic Empowerment after Dreadstalker or Hand of Gul'Dan (after Implosion that is)." -> why use DE after Implosion? You won't have any Imps to buff.

Old Imps alive
    HoG
    Implosion kills old imps
    Demonic Empowerment Buffs new imps because of spawn time

This is what I have been running for a week now. Only way I managed competitive DPS as a warlock^in dungeons. Implosion is life, Implosion is love ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Old Imps alive
    HoG
    Implosion kills old imps
    Demonic Empowerment Buffs new imps because of spawn time
    ooohh sexy, thanks

Deleted
    So you just realized Implosion exists?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    So you just realized Implosion exists?
    Yes (10 chars)

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, in my tests it seems to be about the same as my normal DPS... but my gear has been horribly unlucky to me, as it as given me mostly mastery instead of haste.
    But being that this is now my normal DPS as a cleave... upgrade over all I guess.

Demo pvp build since the prepatch, great all-rounder

Deleted
    I really can't reproduce these numbers. I'm at 39% haste so it may affect how strong Implosion is in comparison.
    During 3 minute intervals on the boss target dummy, I get roughly 280k as Shadowflame/Imp. Dreadstalkers/Demonbolt. As Demonic Calling/Implosion/Demonbolt or Soul Conduit I get about 250k.

But the second build seems a bit more prone to RNG, since getting Implosion within the Synergy window or not makes a huge difference.

Edit: My comparison above is for ST of course, but it was said here that it also produced better numbers for ST, which should be completely wrong. This is an excellent dungeon/stacked aoe build.
    Also, there's no reason to chose Demonic Calling over Shadowflame unless you really don't feel like you can handle the latter. The only way Shadowflame is worse than Demonic Calling is if you let it sit on 2 stacks. Otherwise, worst case, it's pulling even - but gives you something to cast on the move.
    Last edited by mmoc814469773f; 2016-09-28 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    I'm curious about TKC usage as well. Do you still try and aim to get TKC with 2 dreads + 6 imps?
    I would go this way : Always use the Implosion trick, unless TKC is available or will soon be.

Then stack some imps for one time, use TKC with max demons out and then getcback to the implosion rotation.

With 30%+ haste and Soul Conduit I easily can get my TKCs to go with 8 or 10 imps up (and the dreadstalkers and potential additional DG or GoServ FG). Heavy damage guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    I would go this way : Always use the Implosion trick, unless TKC is available or will soon be.

Then stack some imps for one time, use TKC with max demons out and then getcback to the implosion rotation.

With 30%+ haste and Soul Conduit I easily can get my TKCs to go with 8 or 10 imps up (and the dreadstalkers and potential additional DG or GoServ FG). Heavy damage guaranteed.
    Ok that makes sense. Now I have to get rid of my crap itemization, I'm 848 ilvl but I have more crit and 18% haste