Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by APlayer
    So you can confirm that Loremaster is completeable in LFR.

Do I read this correctly?
    Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder.

Confirmed.
    Thanks for the update. Now we can get back to being mad about having to do LFR.

Were a few of you seriously suggesting that the Suramar quest achievement wouldn't be obtainable without doing normal+ raids? Sheesh, talk about disingenuous. You could rub two rocks together and generate enough brain activity to work out that they were only interested in gating the artifact weapon cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Were a few of you seriously suggesting that the Suramar quest achievement wouldn't be obtainable without doing normal+ raids? Sheesh, talk about disingenuous. You could rub two rocks together and generate enough brain activity to work out that they were only interested in gating the artifact weapon cosmetics.
    You seem scarily knowledgeable about that practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will warn everyone once more that the discussion about the cosmetic artifact appearances and what needs to be done to obtain them in raids has nothing at all to do with the topic of the thread and will once again request that you drop the matter entirely or post about it in the open thread about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Wait, is the Legion flying achievement not account-wide?

Blizzard made were very dishonest by including Suramar achievement in Loremaster. Content that requires weeks of grinding and raids were masked by a quest achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Do they know all the requirements for legion patchfinder or did they decide that they are not going to not even bother?
    A few of them thought flying was in the game already and they only needed to complete pathfinder. Came a bit as a shock to them when I explained how it really is. Seems only one friend still plays now tho two weeks later.
    Well most just said it was kinda pointless to keep sub active. they'll come back later in a few months if there is anything meaningful added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Wait, is the Legion flying achievement not account-wide?

Blizzard made were very dishonest by including Suramar achievement in Loremaster. Content that requires weeks of grinding and raids were masked by a quest achievement.
    Pretty sure it is what saying it isn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Yet, we're talking about single digit numbers for both parties. Still, you surely know that people are way more likely to voice displeasure than to praise. So there are always going to seem like there are more pro-flyers simply because they are the ones displeased.
    Yes, and most people do that quietly without writing down a single word in any forum. They simply quit and it seems that enough have done that to stop blizzards attempt to remove flight for good. But where have been the ones that weren't happy with the stay of flight? Where was there protest? The few comments and threats have been down voted into oblivion (remember: downvote doesn't means they're wrong, many downvotes only mean that more people disagree than agreed to that person). So looking at the fact that only the minority is on the forums, the minority of the minority is anti flight.

Just from the official forum you can't tell, and from this very board here you can't tell either (because it is used by a lot less people). But it takes a very special kind of stupidity to deny that Blizzard somehow got the idea that flight is important to a lot of people, enough to make them revered their decision to take out flight. So it is pretty safe to say that the majority of playing people in WoD wanted flight. Those how don't care either way don't count in this equation because they stay when flight comes back as they would if flight gets taken out. But those people seem to be "just not enough" for Blizzard to just risk it and take out flight for good.

But if you are somehow right with any part of your theory, we will see tons of 2k pages long threads from people who are unhappy that flight returned, threatening that they will quit.

Major Spoiler:
    That won't happen because it never did. People unhappy with flight being in game have been just to few and far apart in this game from it's very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Yet, we're talking about single digit numbers for both parties. Still, you surely know that people are way more likely to voice displeasure than to praise. So there are always going to seem like there are more pro-flyers simply because they are the ones displeased.
    I think either if its many or few, on either side its pointless to judge from activity in a thread in mmo-champ. hardly any wow players visit this site. :<
    Also. I want to commend you for saying pro-flyers instead of fly babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

Confirmed.
    Well don't I feel silly now. Ha! That's what I get for jumping the gun, and I'm adult enough to admit it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since they have yet to mention anything about their intentions about when flying will actually be obtainable - and the road we have to travel to get there - I'm awfully tempted to cancel my sub. The lack of direct and honest communication is starting to give me flashbacks of how poorly flight was handled during WoD. I'm not interested in paying for that ride again. "Use gold lul" - no thnx, if I do that they get even more money.

I played the Beta, I knew from that experience that I did not enjoy being grounded. I'm sorry but the flight whistle combined with the flight master summoning one of my favorite tagged flying mounts just feels like a huge troll. Am I supposed the be happy about that? Or? I honestly don't get it.
    The whistle is nifty, but common... That shit removes us entirely from the world, puts us at the "nearest" flight path - and honestly personal flight doesn't even come near it in regards of breaking "immersion". The fact that we somehow can fly with the help of flight masters but can't do so on our own is hugely illogical. That is breaking immersion, big time, for me anyway. At this point, since they seem so adamant at keeping players from flying I wish they would have just implemented a portal system like the one GW2 use, it is way superior to the severely outdated and time consuming, gimmicky traveling system WoW use.

At max lvl I am not interested in traveling through trash that don't mean anything and are useless to me. Their purpose vanished after I was done with that quest. I'm not interested in encountering all of their map flaws where you can't get up that tiny slope, where the low fence or root is somehow impossible for your mount to jump over but other fences aren't. Nor am I especially amused by the invisible walls I've encountered picking herbs and mining either. All those things are breaking my immersion. The zones feel tiny and cramped, almost claustrophobic in some areas. Flying won't make them feel more claustrophobic, it will make them feel less so (imo). Mainly because the changed pov and increased space in which we can move around.

I have a beef with the faction reps, how you get rep with them and their useless rewards.
    I have a beef with Artifact Knowledge and how alt-unfriendly it is.
    I have a beef with how the WQ's are starting to feel incredibly repetitive and their rewards not worth the time to travel there.
    I do not enjoy the heavy time-gating put on a lot of things, which also put a huge dent in my motivation and love for lvling alts. Alts in particular are something that have been a big enjoyment for me ever since I stopped raiding properly.
    I am extremely frustrated with the shitty RNG system for stats on gear..... But.....
    The poor communication regarding flight is the biggest nail in the coffin for me right now. I don't see a reason for them to not tell us their plan in detail... Unless they know people are going to get upset/angry/disappointed - and if that is the case I don't want to be around to see it unfold. It just makes me sad.
    Last edited by Incarnia; 2016-09-28 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    I am all for an antagonist and protagonist when it is done in the spirit of the topic. If the only reason for posting is simply to get under the skin of the other poster, and belittle them in the process, it hardly serves as constructive discussion. From my perspective, flight it one of the most amazing and unique features about WoW. No other game lets you ride into battle on a dragon. Not even the MMO with Dragon in its name. I love my flying mounts, and I am very guilty of using the most convenient form of cross zone travel, but I know that flight will be introduced to Broken Isles soon enough. In the meantime, jumping from Dalaran and other extremely high places to launch my built in Goblin Glider works just fine for me and my rogue. For the first time since Wrath, there is compelling content on the ground and I have to outsmart the terrain, and not just out-gear it, or fly over it.
    For me, these gimmicks are more cheating than flying mounts are, because all of them are gated somehow (for example, whistle requires friendly with all factions, that means some hours of questing to get reputation in Suramar), while flying mounts can be available for everybody, because the gold amounts for the basic flight skill and one mount are not that huge anymore compared to all the gold you can make while leveling.

Anyway, why do we have to outsmart the terrain in first place? Was WoW not about slaying monsters first and foremost?

I sincerely hope the unforeseeable arrival of flying is due to Legion was still in development while they thought they could get away with the "no flying ever again" scheme. Sadly as you say Legion has too many other shortcomings. If only it was more alt and multi spec friendly it would keep me entertained at least twice as long.
    But having flying at max level would at least also keep me going both for exploring the great new world and as a carrot to get there with my alts as well.

To me it is scary how blizz handles certain WoW elements, and I can not help but to feel it is because the "min-maxing" and "sacrifice everything for more" and "uh, this needs a nerf/buff" attitude. Like mmo elements of the game were simple numbers.
    It all comes together and I don't like one bit of it
    - We have now crz AND sharding on realms, even in current content. So first I'm being put together with people on other realms, then I'm being sharded away from my guild mates. Even in Dalaran. Dalaran is not a questing zone, why shard it? The many people standing in dalaran is what made it so awesome in WotLK. I was on MY realm, I was a character from that realm, there was only ONE of my realm, everyone saw the same as me. Now I can't even share a blingtron/traveler pepe without getting annoyed whispers because they can't see it.
    - Spells are being taken away, readded, moved to pvp talents. I mean for a developer maybe these spells are like numbers "oh, this is a bit too good, nerf (remove) it", but for players they are spells that have been in the game for years. It's like Cesar Millan and his "Look, how about I take away your dog, but I give you another one". WHAT?!
    And lastly flying. This take it away (what they tried in WoD), nerf it buff it just doesn't work in some areas of the game. Of course raiders will only care about dps, itemlevel, and bossbugs. But what about the others, who actually love the WORLD of warcraft? And I feel like lovers of the WORLD are the minority now, so only a few people feel the same. Others just take a flight path to the raid and don't care about sharding, removed spells, or not having flying. MAybe they moan a bit about flask prices or Nomi being a retard, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-28 at 10:21 AM.

Just watched the Warcraft movie. Not bad the amount of hate it received in the U.S. was unjustified. Just another example of people feeling they are being cool for hating on something. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a amazing piece of cinema but it was a good movie.. hope to see a sequel.

Anyhow back on topic.

You know what they didn't show in the movie a great deal? People riding around on their ground mounts, dealing w/things that are not relevant.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Of course raiders will only care about dps, itemlevel, and bossbugs. But what about the others, who actually love the WORLD of warcraft? And I feel like lovers of the WORLD are the minority now, so only a few people feel the same.
    I don't think you are in the minority. It is just the "new guys" that seem to think they can dictate to the players how their world should be enjoyed. It might work only for so long. But those first 30 days are nearly over so we might see a change in direction from Blizzards side in the upcoming 30 days.

But like @Incarnia, i wonder: why do you have to buy the expac so early if you are not sure you'll like what you get. Early adopter are always the ones that lose in general. So if you you really really really feel bad or uncomfortable or just have this "bad taste" in your mouth while playing..... well, just take a break. It doesn't hurt and opposed to what some say here: you won't miss anything. Everything will be there when you come back. ;-)

So don't torture yourself with playing something you don't feel like it could be fun ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    I sincerely hope the unforeseeable arrival of flying is due to Legion was still in development while they thought they could get away with the "no flying ever again" scheme. Sadly as you say Legion has too many other shortcomings. If only it was more alt and multi spec friendly it would keep me entertained at least twice as long.
    But having flying at max level would at least also keep me going both for exploring the great new world and as a carrot to get there with my alts as well.
    This is possible: We know that Draenor was NOT flight-ready by the time of the no-flight-ever-again. (so much for just needing a "flip of the switch"), which is pretty strong evidence that their plan was to completely remove flight since the beginning and they were lying all the time.

However, Considering that between that announcement and Legion launch there was a bit more than 1 year, I don´t think that the world not being flight-ready is excusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    A few of them thought flying was in the game already and they only needed to complete pathfinder. Came a bit as a shock to them when I explained how it really is. Seems only one friend still plays now tho two weeks later.
    Well most just said it was kinda pointless to keep sub active. they'll come back later in a few months if there is anything meaningful added.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it is what saying it isn't?
    What really baffles me is that they didn't do any testing of flight even in beta for Legion which is mirroring what happened with WoD beta and then the release client of WoD BC, WotLK, Cata and MoP all had flight available for testing as soon as you hit level cap in the respective betas.

Either this "mid expansion" talk is simply a delay to put in the feature or they really are dragging it out. Because if they start testing flight "mid expansion" expect to see flight at the end of the expansion on the live client.

Flying has always taken a bare minimum of one month to find bugs or major glitches. There is no shortcuts you can take in game development other than outright removal.

For flight to arrive "mid expansion" they have to start testing the feature in the summer of 2017 but it is more likely patch 7.2 launches early summer so when is flight available patch 7.3 for the Fall of 2017?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Sadly, I am not. And the fact that they waited until after LFR launches in order to announce this decision/setting is just more evidence(in my mind at least) of the shady nature of Blizzard in regards to wow. How many times does this have to happen until it stops being coincidence and poor communication, and starts becoming a pattern of behavior?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/20308728

That is not for pathfinder.

That is for artefact cosmetic.

I see the has been reesolved.

Nvm then
    Last edited by mmoc789c328350; 2016-09-28 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    To me it is scary how blizz handles certain WoW elements, and I can not help but to feel it is because the "min-maxing" and "sacrifice everything for more" and "uh, this needs a nerf/buff" attitude. Like mmo elements of the game were simple numbers.
    It all comes together and I don't like one bit of it
    - We have now crz AND sharding on realms, even in current content. So first I'm being put together with people on other realms, then I'm being sharded away from my guild mates. Even in Dalaran. Dalaran is not a questing zone, why shard it? The many people standing in dalaran is what made it so awesome in WotLK. I was on MY realm, I was a character from that realm, there was only ONE of my realm, everyone saw the same as me. Now I can't even share a blingtron/traveler pepe without getting annoyed whispers because they can't see it.
    - Spells are being taken away, readded, moved to pvp talents. I mean for a developer maybe these spells are like numbers "oh, this is a bit too good, nerf (remove) it", but for players they are spells that have been in the game for years. It's like Cesar Millan and his "Look, how about I take away your dog, but I give you another one". WHAT?!
    And lastly flying. This take it away (what they tried in WoD), nerf it buff it just doesn't work in some areas of the game. Of course raiders will only care about dps, itemlevel, and bossbugs. But what about the others, who actually love the WORLD of warcraft? And I feel like lovers of the WORLD are the minority now, so only a few people feel the same. Others just take a flight path to the raid and don't care about sharding, removed spells, or not having flying. MAybe they moan a bit about flask prices or Nomi being a retard, but that's about it.
    The gear that drops in raids and LFR trivializes the world content already. Waiting till mid expansion for flying mount return doesn't make logical sense as most of the expansion will be trivialized by the first two months leaving 22 months or even possibly more for the remainder for this expansion.