Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I personally love it, as there is a huge overlap of people that Got all giddy for some dumbass pathfinder achievement and the people butthurt about this. Serves you right tbh

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    dedication and challenge.

Lol, more chinesse are going to offer ther service for 25k a run. Thats call ¨dedication and challenge WoW 2016 Version¨

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    If you're just copying text from the main page and not saying anything yourself, why create a thread about it?

On topic: Personally, I think this is wrong. I understand their reasoning concerning effort, but, instead of making it impossible with Raid Finder, why not double or even tripple the time it takes to complete compared to normal? People still have to put effort into it, it takes longer. This is a way more friendly solution that just flat out making it impossible.

Then again, you can search for normal group these days with the LFD system.
    Really this entire issue is simply absurd.

If you think about it.

This game started out 12 years ago, with the first "raid" style encounters (only compared to EQ and other like games, but still likely the first designed around it).
    POINT is. 12 Years ago and really only up to about 4 years ago (I think LFR released then, maybe 5). The game was gated for the majority of players. If you couldn't fit a raid schedule into your play, if you weren't good enough, or simply didn't care enough to try. You got to experience a very SMALL portion of the game.

These days, they've allowed us to buy max level characters to re-roll with our friends, or for our guilds, or just because we want too. Or so our new friends and play with us! (I know this is an income stream, but it provides us a service so lets skip the bullshit)
    They've added LFR allowing players (The original point of LFR) to bridge some gear gaps in places, but mostly for players who otherwise can't raid to see encounters and content as raids are a large portion of the story of the game as a whole.
    They've changed mechanics that players like I enjoyed like Challenge modes, to Mythic and Mythic +. Allowing players to see slightly harder and more rewarding 5 mans, as well as making some extremely challenging and awesome 5 mans with the + system. As well as rewarding competitive gear.
    They've designed a system to scale the entire end game world to try and make it all competitive and challenging on some level while leveling and gearing.
    They've designed a progressive system (all be it a touch grindy) in terms of a FEW rep gated quests/dungeons/items (Doesn't require you to HAVE THEM NOW if you're not the .5% of players pushing Mythic Progression.

They've done SOOOO MUCH for the players base in terms of getting the more casual characters into content that in previous iterations of the game. THEY'D NEVER EVER see, as the more elite players simply wouldn't give them a chance for a bunch of reasons.

So they've gone back to giving something to players that participate in Normal/Heroic/Mythic organized raids and not just LFR.
    You're already doing 5 man LFD Mythics if you've gotten to that part in the quest. So you've already NOT using the LFR mechanic in (the game finds you a group).

Personally I ranted, Sorry.

TL;DR - We don't give a crap, either get into a normal EN (Hell contact me, I'll let you come with me Overlawd#1280) or don't get the skin.
    This is a nice change for players to get something different than others. It's nice change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got anxiety issues, so that's why i do LFR. I can't do quests on LFR? Fine i will afk in Dala.

You know, even when I was no-lifing it and raiding hardcore in Vanilla I never did understand people's opposition to other people getting the same gear for less or different work.

I just can't comprehend giving a shit about what other people have. I couldn't care less how you acquire gear or what gear you get.

I just don't get it.

Just wait till 7.1 when everyone is overgeared then do get the quest done

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I love the idea that Normal is somehow "not for casuals". That's amazing. Maybe I should go tell all the guilds full of casuals who are well-progressed on Normal or even well into Heroic that it's "not for them"?

This isn't about casual/hardcore, bro.

This is about organised/non-organised. So these rewards are not for people who don't try to get involved with organised content, which is a different group to "casuals". It actually includes some pretty time-rich players.

As for laughing at people for quitting because of this, well, yeah, it is kind of funny, but it's exactly the same kind of funny as laughing at all the self-declared "SERIOUS RAIDERZ" in TBC who threatened ENDLESSLY to quit or that WoW would "be over soon" because people could get "Welfare Epix" from doing Arenas and so on.

(What was double-funny in TBC was that the main objection of these so-called raiders seemed to be actually that they, themselves, might feel they needed to go do Arenas to get an epic weapon, despite sneering at them... It's like, are you objecting to welfare or are you objecting to the fact you want to claim welfare but don't want to go down to the welfare office and fill in forms?)
    Absolutely regarding your organized/non-organized comment. Nothing to do with casual/hardcore. I consider myself a very causal raider. In WoD I pretty much pugged, if at all, and now for Legion, I am in a guild that is 4/7 Normal. Yes, there are guilds out there that are half-done with normal, only. These are the casual guilds. We by all means intend to progress into heroic, once we have enough people that are dedicated.

Normal mode is for casual raiders.

Heroic and Mythic are progression for hardcore raiders, depending on time spent in game and whether you have a group of like-minded and like-geared players with you.

We would be beyond normal if everyone had the dedication to get on every day and grab the free decent gear from world quests. But again, some -casual- guilds are just stuck at this point, and that's ok. Our main tank and one of our top dps are a couple that are in their 30's and have 5 kids. Raid leader is 30's with 1 kid. I myself am only 23 and with no kids.

My point is that I wanted to address, as a "casual raider" (not in the assumptual tense, but in a realistic 'here I am' tense), how I view LFR. There are rewards just like doing your daily random heroic dungeon, for doing LFR. I do that weekly bonus because I need the ap, again, because I am probably behind most people.
    [Havoc DH, 2 gold traits unlocked, gs 841, 195k ST, cleave/aoe depends on targets but usually 235-250k]
    After finishing the wing that is unlocked, I got 1 drop, a ring that was 835. My 2 rings are 835 and 845, so no upgrade there.

LFR is not what I do instead of normal raiding. That is incorrect. LFR is another method for getting ap/gr/gold. I don't count on gear drops for me there, and I already "see content" on normal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    You know, even when I was no-lifing it and raiding hardcore in Vanilla I never did understand people's opposition to other people getting the same gear for less or different work.

I just can't comprehend giving a shit about what other people have. I couldn't care less how you acquire gear or what gear you get.

I just don't get it.

Yup I agree 100% why does something acquired in a digital GAME have any bearing on real world?

This trend happens over and over. People are all upset that some people are getting 3 legendaries, etc.

I don't see anyone on the WoW forums complaining about what people are getting in Pokemon Go.

did you know my neighbor scored 130 points on his Fantasy football team last weekend? AND he didn't even change his roster from the previous week, he clearly put in a lot less work than I did. I had to find a new tight end, backup defense AND my #1 Running Back is out with an injury. I'm so mad at that guy. /sarcasm.

STOP THINKING THE GAME NEEDS TO BE LIKE REAL LIFE>>IT DOESNT. And news flash, real life isn't fair either. Why do you think the rich keep getting richer? Is that unfair? Or is it just luck? do you work harder than some CEO with Millions of dollars?

This guy just earned the WoW drama queen award! Quitting about not being able to get a useless skin from LFR...

Good riddance. Looks like Blizzard finally decided to stop focusing on how to please the laziest players. Maybe there's hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I got anxiety issues, so that's why i do LFR. I can't do quests on LFR? Fine i will afk in Dala.
    I call troll on this one, what else could it be ? - that argument you are using is BS.

i am not going after you because you have an anxiety issue, but the reason alone that you use that as an arguement for a extremely minor thing in a computer game is ridiculous - Maybe you should focus on that instead of a skin in a game you cannot get because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is a cosmetic reward. Thus I am fine with it, just like putting a mount into a mythic kill or behind being a top 1% pvper

Why didn't you quit that there was a mount available only from mythic Archimonde?

- - - Updated - - -

On my server, english guilds offered Archi HM moose runs. My own guild sold MC clears way back in 2005. And now it becomes a chinese thing and "dedication and challenge WoW 2016 Version"?

And yes back in vanilla you could pay a guy to level your toon to lvl 60 or farm pvp title, I'm aware of that.
    And now you have to pay to get a healer and a tank to see content if you're not in a guild.

That's real dedication we have here.

I forgot the /sarcasm

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like the PvP appearances without doing PvP content as well yeah?

Same thing LFR isn't raiding so why should you get cosmetic raid rewards for it?
    Uhm.... You can actually get that PvP skin by just doing the "pvp"-world quests, which requires 0 pvp...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.
    *shrug* Can always just pay for a boost and still get it without any effort x)

Finally is a weird word to use, as there have been difficulty - associated unique models (armor, mounts, etc) as long as the game's carried the idea of multiple difficulties for instanced content.

Deleted
    I honestly dont mind because I am able to raid and do the content just fine. But honestly this is just dirty in my opinion AND really annoying for the rest of us with alts. Think for a moment you need to actually raid on all your alts to get the essence. I honestly find that an impossible task that takes way too long. Even though I raid I would still want to get the stuff from raid finder. Plus it is VERY misleading nowhere on the quest does it say you need to do it on normal mode.

For the better of everyone, we all should be able to get the stuff from LFR also. In my honest opinion Blizzard really screwed up on this decision, they will most likely change it. I can't even begin to imagine how much time it will take to do this on alts. Since a full clear of the raid only gets 2 or 3 at a damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If you got anxiety issues, why are you playing a MMORPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    *shrug* Can always just pay for a boost and still get it without any effort x)
    And folks will still insist that WoW has no P2W factor

Raid Finder and Quest Chains
    It is intentional that the quests “In Nightmares” and “Essence of Power” cannot be completed on Raid Finder difficulty. That quest chain is intended to provide a cosmetic reward for participating in organized, non-matchmade content. As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.

This restriction is specific to this quest chain, which has a cosmetic-only reward. Other quest chains, such as “The Stuff of Dreams” from the Suramar campaign, will be completable through Raid Finder. We’ll be making some additional changes in Patch 7.1 to more clearly communicate when and where these restrictions apply.

Thanks for confirming the inevitable. I'll be saving some money every month now, because I am done with this game. If this is intended and staying in the game, you just lost a customer. It is clear blizzard is clueless about their own game. I guess it's true, no King lives forever. Good luck everyone. Blizzard, you failed.
    Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.

We simply disagree that these skins should be handed out without dedication and challenge.

I appreciate constructive feedback and discussion on this topic, and will discuss what's here with the developers once it's had time to settle, but anything that says "the world is ending" or "blizzard is killing their player-base" because not everyone will get a cosmetic skin is a bit of a fallacy. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This is a good thing. People who put more effort into the game should have more rewards available. Even if those rewards are nothing more than a slightly different color on some of their items.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

It's almost as if you actually have to play the game now to get the rewards!
    Crazy isn't it!

I don't mind exclusivity, since it's what got me into hardcore raiding in the first place, well over a decade ago. Mind you, I haven't done it outside LFR and some normals in years. Curse of old age and all that.

With that said, the problem with this whole thing is that one, from what I gather, they didn't communicate the difficulty requirement well enough, and two, there's simply not big enough a gap for it to be anything more than an inconvenience. Everyone who can raid LFR, can raid normal. The jump in difficulty is negligible. I absolutely guarantee you people wouldn't be bitching if you had to do it either on heroic or mythic. As it is, it's just an inconvenience.
    Last edited by Liftbrul; 2016-09-28 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typos