Quote Originally Posted by xilurm View Post
    wait a minute, you guys are talking about cosmetics? Are you for real?

/facepalm
    cosmetics are srs bsn to my 30 minute a day wow playtime because mommy said i was good

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    LFR has made people afraid of normal mode. That's more or less a fact. If people are crying over the fact that they can't do something in LFR, when it would be just as easy to do in Normal, then they are simply afraid of normal.

Not playing on Normal means you aren't going to experience even 1% of how to properly play this game in PVE. Not to mention you aren't going to get the satisfaction of actually getting something for putting just a little bit of effort.

I speak from personal experience.
    I honestly think a lot of it is just fear of being judged, insulted, singled out, and then kicked for messing something up, tied up with all the toxicity you hear toward people in and outside of LFR, about LFR players. (Which you may or may not mean.)

I too speak from experience in that regard, too. I'm already pretty hellishly socially anxious. It's really hard for me to do these things as is. (Though I have done them on occasion!)

Would be true if the quests required Mythic, which they don't. If you can beat an entire game with bosses that require just a bit of tactic, then you can beat Normal raids in WoW.

LFR is for those whose favorite game is Angry Birds.
    God dammit, and then you go and say something like this

I thought I was in agreement with someone!
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-09-28 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Subs started dropping before LFR was added, so the correlation you are pointing out is better explained by the latter causing the former.
    Yes, because Cataclysm, and anything else that has come out after can't compare to WoTLK.

You also do know how popular Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne was right?

You announce an expansion pack for a popular MMO about one of your greatest stories ever told in the Warcraft universe, and an immensely popular RTS game.
    Yes you're going to get ALOT of people to play your game.
    Then you release some shit that was all hype but shit.
    You announce PANDAS.
    You announce yet another all hype complete shit expansion.

People are going to compare those with WoTLK, naturally.
    I don't blame them if they quit, hell I quit when Firelands was released and came back a couple months before Legion launched.

Hopefully its not another all hype/complete shit expansion like its predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

Well, after playing WoD and seeing how I was literally required to do nothing for the LFR there (compared to MoP's LFR) then I can't think of anything else. Especially since I started playing FF14 recently, I was scared of going and raiding on Normal difficulty (no lfr there) but then I found out it's quite fun. Heck I made way less mistakes than most people when I was doing my first runs.

It's the same thing about WoW. LFR is just "movie version".

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    Yes, because Cataclysm, and anything else that has come out after can't compare to WoTLK.
    If it were that people just wouldn't have bought Cataclysm. I mean, it was obvious ahead of time it was not about the storyline in WC3.

But they did buy it, and didn't like it for reasons that only became clear to them as they played it. This most likely was due to an end game that just wasn't fun for most people.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I honestly think a lot of it is just fear of being judged, insulted, singled out, and then kicked for messing something up, tied up with all the toxicity you hear toward people in and outside of LFR, about LFR players. (Which you may or may not mean.)

I too speak from experience in that regard, too. I'm already pretty hellishly socially anxious. It's really hard for me to do these things as is. (Though I have done them on occasion!)

I can completely understand this, but there is TONS of information on boss tactics via Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Why do you compare cosmetics with legendarys`?
    Because the questlines are incredibly similar. If I were to compare it to similar cosmetics I'd point out how I can get the prestige PvP skin via skirmishes and BGs, which is basically like LFR for PvP (Except the RNG factor is based on group rather than boss drops).

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I can completely understand this, but there is TONS of information on boss tactics via Google.
    Even if there weren't, it's normal. Chances are you'll get carried anyway.

Wait a minute, you guys are talking about cosmetics? Are you for real?

/FACEPALM
    See? 60+ pages since last night... over cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    The quest gives a skin for a weapon. So it would be considered wanting Elite Arena skins but having it at 1700 rating.
    This is what he is complaining about if you want to compare the two.
    Not everything is given to everyone and it seems to be a giant issue Blizzard has been dealing with.

People are forgetting the reason for LFR though, it has gotten kind of annoying. It is so you can experience each raid. You can get no loot at all on LFR and it would serve the purpose of its creation.
    Not really, the idea of LFR KS to provide some sort of end-game for people who don't have the time or inclination to join a regular group. Gear provides a reward for clearing the contract and an incentive for going back until you've collected all the relevant piece.

You could say that harder difficulties are there to provide challenge and don't need loot, or at least don't need better loot than LFR, but that would make them a less satisfying experience.

Blizz should have been more clear about needing this quest to be done in Normal. And more clear that this is a cosmetic questline. I thought I was continuing the Illidan storyline, which is part of my class order hall that I've mostly done solo save a couple Mythic five mans. So to be thrown into needing a Normal raid is a bit jolting, especially with no text to say this. There's also no in-game text to say "cosmetic reward only" and I don't look up quest rewards on the internet before deciding if I'll do them or not. Just confusing all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    That's not really going to help ease the fear much. Even if you're a genuinely good player at your core, if you're afraid, that's going to really muck things about. (I'm a pretty hardcore min-maxer whom always reads up on tactics, the dungeon journal, plans out his gear route, reads lots of guides, etc and seemingly always prepares to raid, (for a good while, I used to pot/flask LFR when it was new, until I figured out that was stupid.) but constantly chickens out. But I do want to go on record as saying that I've never demanded anything be changed for me, or really demanded anything, ever. I just unsub if I stop getting fun.)

Seriously, social anxiety is realer than a lot of people think it is, and I know a lot of people think because it's just a game, that makes it different, but it kind of doesn't. I think participation numbers probably show it's more of a problem than people think it is (Well, that, and some people just don't know what they're doing.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't have an issue with a skin unlock requiring raiding, my issue is with the entire row unlock requiring raiding. If it was a case of "kill x world bosses to unlock the base, then do y dungeon achieves for a green one, then complete a raid quest for a red one" that would be cool as that's how I view PVE tiers. But having it started with the least popular group PVE content is a bit wank.
    What some don't seem to understand though is that the actual skin is what is unlocked from doing the raid. The other ones don't unlock any skin! They only give you a color variance of that skin that you unlocked from raiding. To me it makes perfect sense to lock the skin behind something more challenging and then some smaller tasks to get other colors for that skin...

That's not really going to help ease the fear much. Even if you're a genuinely good player at your core, if you're afraid, that's going to really muck things about. (I'm a pretty hardcore min-maxer whom always reads up on tactics, the dungeon journal, plans out his gear route, reads lots of guides, etc and seemingly always prepares to raid, (for a good while, I used to pot/flask LFR when it was new, until I figured out that was stupid.) but constantly chickens out. But I do want to go on record as saying that I've never demanded anything be changed for me, or really demanded anything, ever. I just unsub if I stop getting fun.)

Seriously, social anxiety is realer than a lot of people think it is, and I know a lot of people think because it's just a game, that makes it different, but it kind of doesn't. I think participation numbers probably show it's more of a problem than people think it is (Well, that, and some people just don't know what they're doing.)
    The only thing I can honestly say to that is: Just do it.
    The only real way of getting over something like that is if you face it head on.

I used to be deathly afraid of heights as a child.
    Later on in life I made a living from jumping out of airplanes.

Was I deathly afraid the first time I did it? Of course.
    But it gets easier everytime you do it after that initial time.

No, it's more a case of most PVE players not doing normal or harder and so the artefact quest chain should have been kept available in LFR like it was pre-launch (and like the legendary one was in WoD). Especially as it's the unlock skin for the entire row. And defiantly considering the PVP row can be unlocked just by PVEing in enemy faction towers.
    I understand what you are saying but it doesn't make it correct. Yes, they need to do normal to unlock that skin, but that does not mean it needs to be obtainable in lfr. Your comparison with PVP row being unlocked by towers is a horrible comparison. You understand that PVP has a ton of gated skins for alternate looks or mounts correct ? some that you can never get ever again in this game. So if this guy gets to get a skin in LFR then I want a gladiator drake for afking a skirmish. I want the RBG mount for afking normal BG's.

I don't think it should be given in LFR, that is not the point of LFR. It is a tool so people who are not capable of actually raiding to experience each raid content. I think LFR is good in that sense for the ones that can't play well or don't have time and just want to see a raid to experience the content BUT I will disagree that anyone that does LFR deserves everything that any other difficulty receives.

The "WoD had the legendary ring in LFR" is also a crap example. The ring was a progression tool, you have your artifact which is supposed to be similar to that legendary ring in that sense. It is not stopping you from completing your artifact tree so your comparison is shit.

I am lost at why everyone wants everything for doing nothing. When it was early WoW I remember seeing players in gear in raid content or things they worked hard for, they were epic. I had more fun being a shit casual and seeing these players in this awesome looking gear in a giant world that I could never completely explore. It was a mystery and it made everything seem so god damn epic. Then later in the content when the first raid was easy to PuG... getting into that raid felt so god damn amazing. Getting a boss down and seeing that same loot the player had that you looked up to.

So people like you are the reason that was taken away from me. You took away the casual game play, the excitement, the mystery, that feeling of epicness that is now just lost from this game. I know it is not coming back but screw you, this skin should not be in LFR. If you want it then go on the adventure to obtain it because without it... it just loses the epic feeling and without that then the skin loses a part of it.

Deleted
    So here's the thing.

First line, first color is the easiest.
    Second line first color is the easiest.
    Third line, second color is the easiest.
    Forth line, first color is the easiest.
    Hidden, first color is teh "easiest"

See the problem?
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-09-28 at 01:47 PM.

Well, after playing WoD and seeing how I was literally required to do nothing for the LFR there (compared to MoP's LFR) then I can't think of anything else. Especially since I started playing FF14 recently, I was scared of going and raiding on Normal difficulty (no lfr there) but then I found out it's quite fun. Heck I made way less mistakes than most people when I was doing my first runs.

It's the same thing about WoW. LFR is just "movie version".
    what are you talking about? in ffxiv everything beside savage that is the equivalent of mythic raid have an automated matchmaking, there isn't a super-easy version called lfr.
    The only reason that in wow normal and heroic don't have an automated matchmaking is blizzard trying to keep guilds alive, lfr is already so succesful that with norm and heroic most guild will die.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    The only thing I can honestly say to that is: Just do it.
    The only real way of getting over something like that is if you face it head on.

I used to be deathly afraid of heights as a child.
    Later on in life I made a living from jumping out of airplanes.

Was I deathly afraid the first time I did it? Of course.
    But it gets easier everytime you do it after that initial time.
    I want to say that was actually pretty nice of a way to put that. I now actually feel kind of bad for going on the offensive toward you, and I'm sorry! (Though you should generally always be that nice!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what are you talking about? in ffxiv everything beside savage that is the equivalent of mythic raid have an automated matchmaking, there isn't a super-easy version called lfr.
    The only reason that in wow normal and heroic don't have an automated matchmaking is blizzard trying to keep guilds alive, lfr is already so succesful that with norm and heroic most guild will die.
    I had no idea about that RE: FFXIV. How does that go, generally?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If anything, it's MORE acceptable that cosmetics have requirements that fewer can do, since cosmetics don't involve a power gain that gates other content.
    If thats your veiw, thats okay. you can get maxilv titanforged gear in lr equal to mytic raiding.
    Somethings should be locked behinde oragnized gameplay.

I want to say that was actually pretty nice of a way to put that. I now actually feel kind of bad for going on the offensive toward you, and I'm sorry! (Though you should generally always be that nice!)

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea about that RE: FFXIV. How does that go, generally?
    No, sometimes I can be a little harsh.
    But presented with a real problem, in this case you having social anxiety then I ease up.

I only tend to be harsh when the problem is: i can't have a piece of pixel in a game