Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    LFR was introduced in Cata.

Cataclysm is when sub count started drastically dropping.
    LFR was introduced towards the end of Cataclysm, subs started dropping within a few months of its release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue time+ actual lfr wing duration > Clearing it on normal in 3h which any casual guild can manage hence lfr is not for people that don't have the time its just for terribads who want free shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because the questlines are incredibly similar. If I were to compare it to similar cosmetics I'd point out how I can get the prestige PvP skin via skirmishes and BGs, which is basically like LFR for PvP (Except the RNG factor is based on group rather than boss drops).

Yo u can get the pvpskins from bgs and skirmish? That seems odd. That should be rated IMVHO. Maybe they just rate LFR less than skrimircs and ranomd bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

I had no idea about that RE: FFXIV. How does that go, generally?
    Same way as wow sometimes a failure most if the time its a win. Hard is more tricky but get harsh ilvl requirements to enter..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Yo u can get the pvpskins from bgs and skirmish? That seems odd. That should be rated IMVHO. Maybe they just rate LFR less than skrimircs and ranomd bgs.
    You can get ot by doing PvE warden towers.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what are you talking about? in ffxiv everything beside savage that is the equivalent of mythic raid have an automated matchmaking, there isn't a super-easy version called lfr.
    The only reason that in wow normal and heroic don't have an automated matchmaking is blizzard trying to keep guilds alive, lfr is already so succesful that with norm and heroic most guild will die.
    By saying LFR I mean the difficulty, not that it is automatic matchmaking. Normal raids in FFXIV have an automated matchmaking system even though they are much harder than WoW's LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Do you honestly consider people who only do lfr pve players?
    What else would they be? People who only do 5-man and world content are also PvE players. Anything outside of PvP is PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like any other activity on WoW that require more people, there will be groups looking for more players to get those quest done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    It's just the "normal/heroic raiders" who tries to imply that there is a substantial difference between LFR, normal and heroic raids.
    Anyone who has played this game a few expansions, know how this tune goes.
    But OP is right, its totally bullshit that you can't do the mentioned quests in LFR, completing the artifact should be more available than legendaries.
    Throwing digressions about other difficulties is not discussing the OP's statement in any shape or form.
    I can see this "tune" coming about each time a topic like this arises. This is a similar tune to not completing raid prior to a patch and say a mount becomes a low priority drop.
    You receive rewards for the effort put forth into playing the game. I won't try to purposely belittle LFR. I understand that for some people that is their primary way of seeing a raid. And seeing the content is one of the specific reasons LFR was created in the first place.
    When LFR first came out way back when that was its intention. I read those really long blue post that explain new features, and I remember specifically Blizzard stating the purpose was because of raids like Sunwell. They put a lot of time into creating that dungeon, but such a small population of players actually got to experience that dungeon. The content was too difficult and required too much co-ordination for the more casual player base. They also mention RNG being a factor for some raiders trying to progress, and that LFR would be a way to offer gear to help supplement the RNG gods.
    Now this is where I am going to walk that line. I might cross it, but that because I lack the eloquent words needed to appease some people. Normal raids are the standard raids. "Normal" forget that the word is tagged to a difficulty level of raiding for a moment. What does the word "normal" mean? (Without looking it up) standard. This is the standard of raiding. MMO games are meant to be a community type game. You find groups of people with like interests to interact with, and enjoy your time together. Can this be completed in LFR? Sure, but nowhere to the extent that a realm or guild community does. The system just does not allow for a community to form. It is completely random. The difficulty of the tier of raiding is meant to match that. It addresses the lack of coordination that will be present due to the lack of communication that is reasonably available and in use. Time is also a factor. LFR is not meant to last for hours (might be a little opinion based, I’ve not read that anywhere, just my own sense put into words). You won’t be coming back day to day, week to week to practice with the same group. Anonymity is a factor as well. People care less to stick it out, or be pleasant in this raid difficulty. It’s like road rage. Someone might cuss you out, flick you off for something so simple, but in conversation and day to day that same person might be well respected and quite nice.
    It might seem like I’m going way off topic, but I’m taking great pains to defend a point here. You mentioned that “tune”. Yes, I’m a normal+ raider, but I also raid in LFR. The above is what I experience and have read, and culmination of my thoughts behind the next statements.
    Remember I was talking about the word standard before. To complete the quests in question, should you go to a sub-standard method of doing so? Should a watered down (that line probably just got crossed) version be the method in which one receives a reward that significantly alters the appearance of your character (I'm thinking druid), or the main item you carry around with you that currently defines your class, and spec? My opinion is no. To me personally, that reward carries a heavier weight than what LFR raiding difficulty can stand on when looking at all the various activities that are in the game. I would be just as unhappy with seeing it in a World Quest. A series of quests maybe that required some dedication, like as far as I know, all the appearances do for artifact weapons.
    Here’s my “mean” reasoning as well. Just flat out, LFR shouldn’t exist. Now I’m not calling for it to be removed from the game. It serves a purpose. And as a rule of human beings. If people don’t see a problem, they rarely see the solution. LFR is the solution to the content being “seen” by the more causal base. I don’t even believe in the gear supplement at this point as there are so many different ways to gear yourself in legion, which is great. Diving a little deeper into that mean pool, completing LFR doesn’t mean you’ve actually done the content. Again, I’m going back to the terminology, normal. Normal is the lowest version of raiding that should be accepted as completed the content (It got too hard to not belittle LFR and explain how I actually feel about it). It’s like turning on a console game and selecting from the choices of Easy, Medium, Hard. But our choices are lfr, normal, mythic. Lfr isn’t even given a moniker. That leads me to further believe that it’s just not intended for any type of actual character progression. And that falls right in line with it not providing rewards for the quests in question. It trivializes the that action required for the reward to be received. Similarly to doing a single person quest in a raid group.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Well you can afk through both. All you need for the PvP skin is prestige 1 and rank 50. Winning a BG a day will get you it by the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Queue time+ actual lfr wing duration > Clearing it on normal in 3h which any casual guild can manage hence lfr is not for people that don't have the time its just for terribads who want free shit.
    Firstly you're forgetting the organisational issues, with a formal group you have to be available for the same 3 hours as everyone else. Youncan't just log in when you have the spare time and expect everyone else to be waiting for you.

Secondly, LFR is split into wings. You can queue and clear a wing in far less than 3 hours then go back for another wing later in the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    I'm sorry you have to work for your transmogs and goodie bags. But i do disagree with blizzard. LFR should give transmog items. and nothing else but that. LFR was designed for people who want to see raids. Let them look. But let the sets and gear be given to real raiders.
    Yes I am a semi hardcore raider with 3 nights a week 3 hours a night but my time spent in raids should be far more rewarded then someone who comes on, clicks on que, gets in with no knowledge of tactics and facerolls it.
    Thursday night after the raid half of the group went to go to sleep we decided to do a normal run just for the logs. We had no idea how to do Cenarius and Xavious. We 1 shot every fight apart from the Xavious one witch took 3 pulls to kill.
    If you cant find a guild that raids once a week normal for fun on a boring sunday afternoon to clear a few bosses you need to make time for a guild that will carry you harder or git good.

I know many people will dislike this post, but I also know there are a lot of raiders that miss the feeling of walking into WotLK dalaran with 6.5k GS and seeing people target them with that thought in their mind: "Look at his gear! Holly..."
    I still want a raider to be destinct from the crowd as some one with Hero of the Alliance/Horde title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    I know many people will dislike this post, but I also know there are a lot of raiders that miss the feeling of walking into WotLK dalaran with 6.5k GS and seeing people target them with that thought in their mind: "Look at his gear! Holly..."
    I still want a raider to be destinct from the crowd as some one with Hero of the Alliance/Horde title.
    And you can still whip out your epeen in Dalaran with Mythic gear. Nothing changed there. Except less people will lick your 890 boots, because they don't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly you're forgetting the organisational issues, with a formal group you have to be available for the same 3 hours as everyone else. Youncan't just log in when you have the spare time and expect everyone else to be waiting for you.

Secondly, LFR is split into wings. You can queue and clear a wing in far less than 3 hours then go back for another wing later in the week.
    It's too bad they haven't implemented a pre-made group finder where you can find a group LFM when you're on, instead of scheduling a raid.

Oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And you can still whip out your epeen in Dalaran with Mythic gear. Nothing changed there. Except less people will lick your 890 boots, because they don't care about it.
    Not that many people cared in WotLK because they were grinding out epics in faceroll heroic dungeons, just like people didn't care much in TBC because they were grinding epics in arenas. Vanilla was the only time that epic gear really boosted the e-peen of special snowflakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well you can afk through both. All you need for the PvP skin is prestige 1 and rank 50. Winning a BG a day will get you it by the end of the expansion.
    That should reequire some rated in my opinion.

But isent this just a part of all skins?
    isent the still alot of skins ppl can get?

I mean, im not gonna get the pvp skins cuz i dont do pvp.
    And thats fine, why isent this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    still on your own agenda i never said remove LFR you just think everyone says that, keep just making up what other people said to support your own bias though.
    I never accused you of suggesting its removal. Read again very carefully. You stated if fr were removed people would simple not see the content. They would not make the jump to NM+. The removal of lfr would serve to increase the relative incentive of nm+ however you also claimed incentives work to lure people. The two are mutually incompatible. I agree removing lfe would mean most people never see that content but that just buttreses the argument that incentivizing (really bribing and bullying) NM+ has not largely and cannot largely work as a means of luring people into that contwnt. The need for lfr is proof of this.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-09-28 at 02:09 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I have a very bad schedule for raiding. As a photographer I work sometimes during nights, sometimes during day. I still can finish lots of content. Normal raids, mythic dungeons and even heroic raids back in WoD. I did all pugging with little to no drama. Don't claim to be trying to avoid "drama" by only LFRing. Normals are barely any harder than LFR.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfish25 View Post
    I'm Sorry but...... it's an MMO

Artifact skins are to be earned not given, if you want something you go get it simple as that. if you play the game just for the story and want to see it finish in LFR thats fine. but you don't deserve the same rewards as some one doing it on Normal/Heroic/Mythic. if you really wanted the skin you'd put in a tiny bit of extra effort to get it.

Do you have everything that you want in real life? , No.
    Should it be giving to you for doing nothing, No.

go out and earn that fucking skin if u want it. isn't anything bullshit about it. NO EFFOT=NO SKIN to bad.
    P.S isnt even effot , Normal is ez pugable and heroic will be too in a few months
    As "simple" by what standards.
    It is just an arbitrary player-dictated measure that normal is fine but LFR is not.
    It is simply arrogant.

LFR is raiding if every other format below Mythic is.

Such horrible behaviour like this is why organised raiding is unattractive.
    Take a look in the mirror and stop blaming other people for your shortcomings.

Meeting the scheduled requirements of organised raiding is genuinely difficult for a lot of people.
    That is who LFR is meant to be aimed at.
    Not those who have more convenient circumstances and are able to work their time around the game, instead of being forced to work their game around their time.

You even use the same stupid and contradictory argument that normal is also easy, but it is only LFR that is the problem.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-28 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    It's too bad they haven't implemented a pre-made group finder where you can find a group LFM when you're on, instead of scheduling a raid.

Oh wait....
    Which has its own drawbacks including the need to have prior achievements, excessive iLvls and/or a group that isn't up to the task and falls apart. Then there's the need to find a group that only wants to kill the bosses I haven't done earlier in the week, and I'm not sure how lockouts are handled in Normal+ these days and whether that would add any complications.

Basically if I have an hour or two to play I'm happy to join a queue and go do other things whilst I wait rather than trying to find/organise a group that meets my requirements.