Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should destro be be grumbling about our Legendaries?

First let me say, I have not received a legendary yet, so this isnt the whining or bragging of someone that got a lucky drop.

What annoys me is that mastery is very previlent in our spec specific legendaries, while haste is rather underrepresented. They clearly want to make the legendaries the BiS equipment, so you would think the secondary stats on them would be the specs most desirable effect.

Deleted
    the higher ilvl we get the more we need mastery. bec at some point you get too much shards from haste and critt anyway. but that won't be for a while i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    First let me say, I have not received a legendary yet, so this isnt the whining or bragging of someone that got a lucky drop.

What annoys me is that mastery is very previlent in our spec specific legendaries, while haste is rather underrepresented. They clearly want to make the legendaries the BiS equipment, so you would think the secondary stats on them would be the specs most desirable effect.
    Depends on how you look at it...
    The right legendaries are BiS no matter what stats they have due to the bonus effect it has. Giving it BiS-stats aswell puts it even further ahead those who are unlucky and don't get a legendary, which is something they might want to avoid...

15+ Year Old Account
    As stated (I wonder what they were thinking), Mastery is leading stat for Destruction, despite that it doesn't make any sense to rely on RNG for damage.
    They thought, a mechanic like "see it as a second critical chance" is something you can rely on and stack.
    Therefore you can understand why Mastery is dominating and the secondary stat varies from Haste / Versatility / Critical.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

So whats the current breakpoint we should be shooting for with haste and crit before mastery should be targetted?

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any breakpoints

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 25% is after which haste starts to lose its relative power compared to other stats and at 30% it flatlines with other stats in realistic situations.

Things like stacking haste above 40% proved to be a fool's errand for me, as I ended up with a ton of shards, but with spells that were hitting close to nothing.

You do reach a loosely floating "breakpoint" after which you pretty much need other stats to power your spells.

Do take note, the above is by no means official and is based on me simming my character under various conditions and gear sets. I do not pretend to make concrete claims here besides that haste does drop in value eventually.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-28 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to complain about Legendaries, complain about those piece of shit legs that buff Gateway of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you want to complain about Legendaries, complain about those piece of shit legs that buff Gateway of all things.
    Yeah, that one never made much sense. For the few uses that it has, it's always setup beforehand where its cast time is irrelevant.

I know for a fact that this crap tier will be my first one. I just know it.

Deleted
    While many people hate that legendary I'd actually LOVE IT for a few fights including nythendra and ursoc. (I am a person who heavily plays with the gateway whenever I see a nice way to make us of it )

Though I'd prefer other legendaries like Feretory aswell to be honest !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    While many people hate that legendary I'd actually LOVE IT for a few fights including nythendra and ursoc. (I am a person who heavily plays with the gateway whenever I see a nice way to make us of it )

Though I'd prefer other legendaries like Feretory aswell to be honest !
    Pretty off topic by this point, but you'd be surprised how contentious using it like that is. It creates a lot of visual clutter and a risk of misclicking, so I can see why; but I've known people, even raid leaders, make it abundantly clear that they didn't want it up.

You should rather complain that our best legendary is locked to demo lootspec

Which one are you refering to? All three demo specific legendaries deal with abilities only demo has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Which one are you refering to? All three demo specific legendaries deal with abilities only demo has.
    Sindorei Spite can only drop if you set loot spec to Demo.

Which is pretty dumb. Either lock it to Demo only or share it with other specs.

Deleted
    Pretty off topic by this point, but you'd be surprised how contentious using it like that is. It creates a lot of visual clutter and a risk of misclicking, so I can see why; but I've known people, even raid leaders, make it abundantly clear that they didn't want it up.
    True. That is something I completely forgot.

Now that you mention it on Maw of Souls last boss my group tells me to not use that portal because there are too many visual effects and there is little to no room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sindorei Spite can only drop if you set loot spec to Demo.

Which is pretty dumb. Either lock it to Demo only or share it with other specs.
    Does the 30% increase work on Destro? Is this confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyis View Post
    I know for a fact that this crap tier will be my first one. I just know it.
    Got mine yesterday and it feels like my story as a warlock has just begun. Instant gateways ftw. I've been using them a lot. They are like the mage's blink, but with a fel touch. 10/10

On a more serious note, it can be useful. Niche situations, ofc but useful nonetheless.
    Last edited by Tarov; 2016-09-28 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarov View Post
    Got mine yesterday and it feels like my story as a warlock has just begun. Instant gateways ftw. I've been using them a lot. They are like the mage's blink, but with a fel touch. 10/10

On a more serious note, it can be useful. Niche situations, ofc but useful nonetheless.
    Is the gateway clickable immediately?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Is the gateway clickable immediately?
    I was so unlucky to get these legs today. Almost wanted to nuke them as other than the increase in stats, they are at absolute no use to me :-(

No, you can't use them for instant porting. Only the cast is instant, so from the cast until you can use the portal you have the normal waiting time. Very very underwhelming really.