Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You are right, it's not a real comeback.
    Because a comeback would actually address the part where these guys are terrorist.
    Terrorist to who? The establishment. To not establishment? Freedom fighters.

It's not a huge part of the population, it are far-right extremists.
    It's not a revolt, it is terrorism.

And yeah, this will end up in a civil war when terrorism is condoned.
    Nah the justice system is a third party and the military are not 100% bound to obey state leaders anymore. Civil war in western countries in 2016 is not even possible, the ruling governemnt would be dismentled before getting there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, it's not a real comeback.
    Because a comeback would actually address the part where these guys are terrorist.

Says the guy who claimed I would support terrorism if they attacked people I dislike.
    They might be terrorists, but they're only the tip of the much bigger underlying problem. You might fight them, but as long as the problem will exist, new ones will radicalize and replace them. You know, just like in the Near East.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Who would've guessed stuff like this happens when a government takes life changing decisions without asking the inhabitants of said country their opinion.
    And instead of placating them, they tell their people to bend over backwards for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.
    Until Canada takes in at least 1 mil a year you are not a world leader in refugee intake. Also, Canada gets to pick which refugees it lets in. Keep dreaming though, keep feeling that false pride.

A civil war doesn't have to be against the government.
    We've had attempted murders, etc, already.
    What do you think will happen when these extremists lay a bomb at a mosque during prayer?
    Do you think the "Facebook-right" will condemn it?
    Don't you think there will be repercussions?
    Thats not a civil war. The article has a very huge population of a city walking the street, while some arsonist burn a building and everyone else cheer and chants. Thats a riot at worst. Sounds like someone won a hockey cup here (or lost). Civil unrest will this will never be labeled as terrorism, doesent matter how hard you want it. It wont be a civil war either, they would dismantle the executive and go back in election way before that.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-09-28 at 02:48 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    By what metric? Per capita?
    Old stats https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population

Canada 4.19 per thousand
    Sweden 14.66 per thousand

Edit: Obviously this is not intake but population. But since intake needs to be somewhat governed by population to ensure you can provide for them (see Lebanon) population is the metric
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2016-09-28 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'm not sure that smiley is appropriate, Tennisace.
    Yeah it is. We should be happy this man is making a stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/09...aiziere-Berlin

In a time when so many are losing faith in politicians, it's great to see that there are some in Germany making a stand for what is right.

No matter who you are, you must agree that these attacks must stop. It's time to look at more severe punishment of hate crimes before it gets out of hand!!
    Hate crimes you say, What do you have to say to the German citizens that have been attacked and harassed by these individuals?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Old stats https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population

Canada 4.19 per thousand
    Sweden 14.66 per thousand

Edit: Obviously this is not intake but population. But since intake needs to be somewhat governed by population to ensure you can provide for them (see Lebanon) population is the metric
    Not comparable. Sweden has refugees showing up on their doorsteps. Canada flies them in.

Go calculate how pricey airfare is there bud.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/09...aiziere-Berlin

In a time when so many are losing faith in politicians, it's great to see that there are some in Germany making a stand for what is right.

No matter who you are, you must agree that these attacks must stop. It's time to look at more severe punishment of hate crimes before it gets out of hand!!
    You think the punishments are not severe enough already? Why do you think a lot of these people committing these crimes try to stay hidden and anonymous? Exactly. Punishments are severe enough so that one must take extreme care of not being detected. Punishing people harder won't lead to prevention of such incidents.

Most of these incidents happen because there's a silent majority being semi-okay with it. There would be far less support if from the beginning the German government didn't treat it like a fresh new opportunity especially since refugees are not equal to skilled immigrants who want to stay and work here. Those who want to stay here often are unaware that they are fit only for the low-paid jobs without social security and almost no taxes paid costing the taxpayer way more than skilled worker immigrants unless they are undergoing a training program. There is a high willingness to adopt but depending on the group it is limited to whether they want to go back or not. In addition they have been placed in tents and in low-budget housing (containers, renovated barracks and former hotels) where they have/had to wait to be processed for asylum. When they get that permit to stay they are also allowed to move into a better housing. And therein lies the problem because Germany in general has a problem with affordable social housings. When there's affordable new social housing spot available it goes to refugees to the dismay of those waiting for that spot since years. Those who commit the crimes need to be caught but the ultimate responsibility for changing the atmosphere and political mood is at the government.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude we are a world leader in refugee intake. You need to get your facts straight.
    You know that isn't true, so why are you lying? I provided you with stats that totally debunked that claim before.

Canada is not in the top 40 per capita, or in the top 25 on total numbers.

Nauru is more of a world leader than Canada and nobody is even sure if I just made that place up or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Not comparable. Sweden has refugees showing up on their doorsteps. Canada flies them in.

So Canada is not a world leader then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facts straight you say... Please show us the 'facts' you are relying on to make your claim... because I am sorry, you aren't anywhere near the 1M that Germany has taken in.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You know that isn't true, so why are you lying? I provided you with stats that totally debunked that claim before.

Canada is not in the top 40 per capita, or in the top 25 on total numbers.

Nauru is more of a world leader than Canada and nobody is even sure if I just made that place up or not.

- - - Updated - - -

So Canada is not a world leader then.
    Are refugees showing up on our steps?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Facts straight you say... Please show us the 'facts' you are relying on to make your claim... because I am sorry, you aren't anywhere near the 1M that Germany has taken in.
    Millions of refugees are showing up on Germany's borders. How many have Germany flown in? Canada has flown in tens of thousands.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, you dont get to move the goal posts... you said you were the world leader in taking them in... Please back up your claim.

15+ Year Old Account

So you lied, good to know cose everyone else knows Canada is sidekick in terms of accepting refugees.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are refugees showing up on our steps?
    So you get to be a world leader in refugee intake if they don't come to your country? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Sorry, you dont get to move the goal posts... you said you were the world leader in taking them in... Please back up your claim.
    We are a world leader. Look at what other countries are doing. How many have flown in tens of thousands. Please list at least 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    We are a world leader. Look at what other countries are doing. How many have flown in tens of thousands. Please list at least 5.
    What does way of transportation has to do with it?
    Canada is not world leader of refugee intake, Canada never was and only a moron would think so.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes you a world leader at flying in a relatively small amount of refugees, which was not your claim.