10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Master poisoner and exsanguinate or agonizing poison ?
    I always run exsanguinate as it provides strong burst.

Yesterday BoT was doing 200k damage over 6 seconds and 3yards, today with Master Poisoner it does 420k over 3 seconds to all targets. With FoK spam it feels very good on trash.

Note:- This is for Mythic+ & dungeons only.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2016-09-28 at 08:52 AM.

So I have been browsing this forum for a few hours now and I am still confused about the SIN side of being a rogue. As Outlaw I am pulling a consistent 230k+ single target dps. With SIN I am lucky with I stay at 170k and I am far more tuned for SIN than I am Outlaw. I saw the google docs. from Stjern but from what I have heard SIN is over taking outlaw in dps and I just cant figure out how. I have ran both bleed and poison builds from his guide and I can't get them above 170K dps on a consistent basis. Y'all got any advice for me? I like outlaw fine but the RNG nature of it makes me gag at times when I go 12 or 15+ rolls of RTB without a single double buff. But if SIN is a solid 50k dps lower, than I won't have a choice but to stay outlaw. Either way I must be doing something wrong cause for me SIN is not even close to what I can pull on Outlaw. I would love some tips or a little help on why this is.

Id link my armory but I cannot so here are my stats in SIN spec.

Crit36.45%
    Haste7.26%
    Mastery102.75%
    Leech0.00%
    Versatility2.93%
    Avoidance0.00%
    Last edited by bbeberle; 2016-09-28 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbeberle View Post
    So I have been browsing this forum for a few hours now and I am still confused about the SIN side of being a rogue. As Outlaw I am pulling a consistent 230k+ single target dps. With SIN I am lucky with I stay at 170k and I am far more tuned for SIN than I am Outlaw. I saw the google docs. from Stjern but from what I have heard SIN is over taking outlaw in dps and I just cant figure out how. I have ran both bleed and poison builds from his guide and I can't get them above 170K dps on a consistent basis. Y'all got any advice for me? I like outlaw fine but the RNG nature of it makes me gag at times when I go 12 or 15+ rolls of RTB without a single double buff. But if SIN is a solid 50k dps lower, than I won't have a choice but to stay outlaw. Either way I must be doing something wrong cause for me SIN is not even close to what I can pull on Outlaw. I would love some tips or a little help on why this is.

Id link my armory but I cannot so here are my stats in SIN spec.

Crit36.45%
    Haste7.26%
    Mastery102.75%
    Leech0.00%
    Versatility2.93%
    Avoidance0.00%
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/assassi...-stat-priority

It shows Versatility as being the best stat but I see you're only a 2.93% which is going to have a huge impact on your DPS I believe. What ilevel are your relics in that weapon and how many points do you have in the artifact?

Nice change, much more than I thought.

300k steady dps on the dummy with a consistent 500k-600k opener to my 250k outlaw and 500k with crit roll. Outlaw just fucks you over, I don't have time for this in progression raids.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Nice change, much more than I thought.

300k steady dps on the dummy with a consistent 500k-600k opener to my 250k outlaw and 500k with crit roll. Outlaw just fucks you over, I don't have time for this in progression raids.
    What opening if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post

It shows Versatility as being the best stat but I see you're only a 2.93% which is going to have a huge impact on your DPS I believe. What ilevel are your relics in that weapon and how many points do you have in the artifact?
    I think that guide is a little bit outdated to be honest. All of the sims I've ran (yes I know this is gear dependent) have shown Crit to be above Versatility. With that said, given his current stats I am betting Versatility is going to be his priority. Then again if he switched to a Poison based spec the high mastery would probably immediately improve his dps.

But to be sure your gear certainly isn't tuned well at all for a bleed based sin spec (not really sure why you thought it was).

Deleted
    some raid items could be attractive now, even at mediocre ilvl. most of them did not have crit/vers combinations.

I got the updated sims, they don't seem right. I am doing 230k sustain running elaborate planning build unbuffed. I blew my load when envenom crit + poison bomb + Elebaorate Planning HNGGGGGGG.

Even with the Poison build from the google docs listed previously in this post, I was still only pulling 170k dps with over 100% mastery at ilvl 552. My slayers are ilvl869 and I am about 15 talents deep (one more away from BoT).

Also, I haven't seen to much gear with a decent ilvl that has crit/vers on it. The raid has less then 5 piece of loot that have that combo for rogues/feral, etc.
    So with that said, what is more important keeping a piece that has a higher Ilvl and thus better over all agi or a piece that has crit or vers or both on it?

Maybe I am not far enough in my weapon skills to put out that kinda dps. But going full poison build I would only assume that mastery would be the best stat as well as going deadly and master poisoner. Both of which the guide says not to do. So if I go Poison build....where exactly is my poison dmg coming from? Kingsbane and Envenom? I guess I need to learn how to use a sim so I can educate myself more. I find all kinds of info on outlaw but the SIN spec is severely lacking other than this amazing thread! You guys are awesome.

Pulled 301k dps (almost 10% of total damage done) on Xavius normal running EP/AP build last night. 853 with Insignia of Ravenholdt legendary ring. Spec is super shitty for questing and starved for energy but on long, single target fights you'll be walking away on the meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret990
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

I am not sure what the frikking hell is wrong. But i do less dps today than i did yesterday, Same build, same playstyle. Same dungeons. Same boss fights. Same group, same kill speeds on the bosses. But i do less dps. Considerably less ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reyson View Post
    Pulled 301k dps (almost 10% of total damage done) on Xavius normal running EP/AP build last night. 853 with Insignia of Ravenholdt legendary ring. Spec is super shitty for questing and starved for energy but on long, single target fights you'll be walking away on the meters.
    I'm currently ilvl 853 as mut. However, I'm only about to reach bag of tricks right before tomorrow's raid. Wanted to try some assassination on fights such as Ursoc and Nythendra normal. What are your stats? Just as a comparison. Not sure if I should use the poison or bleed subspec. Did you focus on gearing mastery and/or did you focus on getting 22+ traits in assassination?

Quote Originally Posted by bbeberle View Post
    Even with the Poison build from the google docs listed previously in this post, I was still only pulling 170k dps with over 100% mastery at ilvl 552. My slayers are ilvl869 and I am about 15 talents deep (one more away from BoT).

Also, I haven't seen to much gear with a decent ilvl that has crit/vers on it. The raid has less then 5 piece of loot that have that combo for rogues/feral, etc.
    So with that said, what is more important keeping a piece that has a higher Ilvl and thus better over all agi or a piece that has crit or vers or both on it?

Maybe I am not far enough in my weapon skills to put out that kinda dps. But going full poison build I would only assume that mastery would be the best stat as well as going deadly and master poisoner. Both of which the guide says not to do. So if I go Poison build....where exactly is my poison dmg coming from? Kingsbane and Envenom? I guess I need to learn how to use a sim so I can educate myself more. I find all kinds of info on outlaw but the SIN spec is severely lacking other than this amazing thread! You guys are awesome.
    I'm really hoping you are actually putting the agonizing poison on your weapon. The reason you are stacking mastery is for that talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    I'm really hoping you are actually putting the agonizing poison on your weapon. The reason you are stacking mastery is for that talent.
    I am, maybe I will work on my rotation some see where I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodo View Post
    What opening if I may ask?
    Garrote->Mut->Rupture->Vendetta->Mut to 6CP->Vanish->Rupture->Exs->Kingsbane->Mut to 6 CP->Envenom
    Vanish/Rupture/Exs with Nightstalker talent is super strong. Short bursts should reach into the 700k range.

Hi i'm "new" to the forum. i was just reading and finally created this account

I want to share some of my experience with Sin rogue.

since launch im playing exclusively assassination. have 23 traints my weapon.

before this class balance hotfix i was using Agonizing Poison and with my mastery at 135% each stack give me 7.1% dmg.

after the Deadly Poison buff im finding myself doing more damage using it.

so i have a question for our fellows poison rogues, are you guys are feeling the same ?

Ah this is about single target dps. for aoe Deadly is the obvious winner.

How's everyone doing for AoE and add switching? I recently changed my spec to a more single target focused build in EP, Deep Strat and Exsa. It pumped my single from 190k to 240k without buffs (849 ilvl) but I'm finding it a bit of a struggle on fights with lots of switching or aoe burst.
    Previously i ran Subterfuge which allowed me to get 4-5 double dmg garottes on trash followed by fan of knives. This would result in a massive energy influx which then enabled me to continue fan spam for CPs and rupture every target. Now i can only get a few starting bleeds up and struggle to keep up with the pack.
    I did finish 3rd overall for all boss kills, 3rd for boss+trash behind only the two DHs but on Il'gynoth type fights i really struggled. Then on Xavius phase 3 the fire mages and DHs are cleaving, while im just focusing the boss.

How do you handle aoe and add switching when running Nightstalker?

test test test test

need help at 851, with 2 golden traits and 112% mastery, and poison build
    opener is stealth garrote, mut twice, vanish, rupture, vendetta, get in one 5 CP envenom, then kingsbane
    and then always keep rupture up (even if it's not full 5-6 CP), do garrote, kingsbane, vendetta off CD, and envenom at 5-6 CP

am i doing it wrong...? i think i get to 270k and it tapers off to 180 on a dummy..

not getting the hang of mut. feel like i'm energy starved the whole time and thought about talenting into vigor too
    Last edited by FutureTrunks; 2016-09-29 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshott View Post
    How's everyone doing for AoE and add switching? I recently changed my spec to a more single target focused build in EP, Deep Strat and Exsa. It pumped my single from 190k to 240k without buffs (849 ilvl) but I'm finding it a bit of a struggle on fights with lots of switching or aoe burst.
    Previously i ran Subterfuge which allowed me to get 4-5 double dmg garottes on trash followed by fan of knives. This would result in a massive energy influx which then enabled me to continue fan spam for CPs and rupture every target. Now i can only get a few starting bleeds up and struggle to keep up with the pack.
    I did finish 3rd overall for all boss kills, 3rd for boss+trash behind only the two DHs but on Il'gynoth type fights i really struggled. Then on Xavius phase 3 the fire mages and DHs are cleaving, while im just focusing the boss.

How do you handle aoe and add switching when running Nightstalker?
    I sort of switch my AoE strategy depending on what kind of mobs its going to be. Are these low health mobs that I know are going to be dead in seconds? In that case I open stealth mutilate into FoK into 5-6 point Envenom spam on the nearest target. In situations where I know it will be a more sustained AoE let's say with one priority mob we want to be burning quicker then I open stealth garrote on that target into FoK into 5-6 point rupture then spam FoK into 5-6 point ruptures on random close adds that don't have it and immediately turn auto attacking back to the priority mob. I normally don't apply garrotes to multiple enemies in these situations because it really isn't a huge source of damage and I think I'm better able to spend my energy getting up rupture on more mobs. In general I believe you should be doing a more FoK based cp builder rotation on 3 mobs or more. Try this out and let me know what you think.