Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    People were constantly leaving back in Vanilla and BC too
    lol 100% wrong.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to quit over Blizzard making one bad decision. And it is a bad decision. Though it does give me one less thing to do in-game and will likely contribute to when I let my sub lapse before a new content patch.

I can and do run Mythic dungeons, however organized raiding is something that I can't do with my friends, and pugging is out of the question, and for some reason the tints for Mythic dungeons are locked behind the raid cockblock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Being a raider in normal and even heroic doesn't mean you're not casual. I'm a casual player. I'm not hardcore. I raid heroic (we start in normal but quickly move), 3 nights a week.

They're not limiting "casual" players, they're just making sure that people who do organized content can get rewards from it that are unique and fun.
    Committing three nights a week to raiding in WoW is not casual, even if you raid only 2 hours each night. That's an absolutely massive time commitment. Is it less hardcore than some? Absolutely, but it's not "casual."

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    It was about time. Now they can slowly remove that Abomination that is LFR&LFD and make WoW great again. Auto-queuing was the biggest mistake Blizz ever did.
    lol. The only reason Mythics aren't part of LFD is because Blizzard is terrified of the whining that happened in Cata. LFR and LFD aren't going anywhere. They could probably prune organized raiding some - They don't need two difficulties for content that barely anyone does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid because I just don't have the time too spend 4+ hours in one sitting; wiping on a boss over and over again. I have grown up and have bigger responsibilities now. LFR I can do in small doses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    All us raiders from TBC and before would laugh at the crybaby's right now, if you want everything handed out to you better go play The Sims and cheat.
    I was an avid raider during Vanilla. I am not laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm not going to quit over Blizzard making one bad decision. And it is a bad decision. Though it does give me one less thing to do in-game and will likely contribute to when I let my sub lapse before a new content patch.

I can and do run Mythic dungeons, however organized raiding is something that I can't do with my friends, and pugging is out of the question, and for some reason the tints for Mythic dungeons are locked behind the raid cockblock.

- - - Updated - - -
    I heard differently. Do you have a source on this?

Committing three nights a week to raiding in WoW is not casual, even if you raid only 2 hours each night. That's an absolutely massive time commitment. Is it less hardcore than some? Absolutely, but it's not "casual."
    I raid 6 hours a week, and I need to put my son to bed, so usually it's closer to 4 or 5, as I arrive 30 minutes to an hour late. I also make no commitment, some raid nights, I will stay offline and spend time with my wife. Or, I might have a hockey game that night. My guild accepts and encourages that, we all have families. Some nights, one of the raid tanks doesn't make it, and we need to have a DPS go tanking. Casual or Hardcore is all in the attitude. Heck, some of our DPS haven't even unlocked their third artifact slot, meaning they do much less damage then the tanks.
    We take our time, we don't yell at people, we don't use flasks (too expensive) and we pay for our guilds repairs.

We are a casual guild who just happens to have an optional raid night, twice a week.

I repeat, Casual is an attitude. You can play a phone game for 20 hours a week, and still be casual about it.

lol. The only reason Mythics aren't part of LFD is because Blizzard is terrified of the whining that happened in Cata. LFR and LFD aren't going anywhere. They could probably prune organized raiding some - They don't need two difficulties for content that barely anyone does.
    Again, I find that hard to believe. I thought up to 50% of raiders got into normal, but I don't have stats. Could you cite something please?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    i don't really mind about this decision. It's really just cosmetic.

But the reverse is also true, if it's just cosmetic, why MUST it be locked behind content that is not "casual".

In any case, I'm fairly confident Blizz will change this when enough people whine and complain about it.
    Mounts are cosmetic, and many are rewarded for doing harder content (moose mount, final raid boss mythic only mounts, gladiator mounts)
    Challenge mode gear was also cosmetic and required some level of skill to attain (one could argue that 8/8 gold was too easy, but what comes as common sense to you may not for another player; not everyone has godmode elite skill)

But there are also some cosmetic stuff that ISNT gated behind skill. Holiday events aren't hard and can reward mounts/cosmetic gear. Blizzard store transmog gear is cosmetic and requires no skill.

Why is it so hard to believe that some artifact skins require some level of skill to attain while others are literally handed to you? I mean holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I was an avid raider during Vanilla. I am not laughing.
    I did the race to realm first in Vanilla and the start of TBC. Honestly, the most frustrating thing was dragging 15 shitty people through raids, because the other 25 were carrying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Being a raider in normal and even heroic doesn't mean you're not casual. I'm a casual player. I'm not hardcore. I raid heroic (we start in normal but quickly move), 3 nights a week.

They're not limiting "casual" players, they're just making sure that people who do organized content can get rewards from it that are unique and fun.
    If you raid HC three times a week or at all, you're not casual.

There's no limit. Anyone can do Normal. We cleared all 7 bosses in less than an hour and a half last night. Its not difficult.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Whelp, that pretty much seals the deal. This, in addition to all the other crap in Legion, has made the game just not worth playing anymore. I'm not going to be stuck with two weapon models for the rest of the expansion because raiders like to feel 'spechul'. So fuck it.
    Can 100% transmog any of the 10000 of weapons in the game over your artifact weapon, along with skins and color/animations. But yea, be bitchy about something that's completely fixable.

You complain about cosmetic rewards in non-matchmade content like this is the first time it's happened in the history of WoW. Guess you haven't been playing long, or know a damned thing about Challenge modes

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    If you're just copying text from the main page and not saying anything yourself, why create a thread about it?

On topic: Personally, I think this is wrong. I understand their reasoning concerning effort, but, instead of making it impossible with Raid Finder, why not double or even tripple the time it takes to complete compared to normal? People still have to put effort into it, it takes longer. This is a way more friendly solution that just flat out making it impossible.

Then again, you can search for normal group these days with the LFD system.
    Making everything available for time spent no longer makes it an achievement. It is one of the things I, as a casual player, have still disagreed with since Wrath.

The game doesn't need to make everything available to even the least skilled or invested player. Because those players tend to be the ones who either won't play for long, or won't notice anyways. The majority won't care, a few will throw a major fit because they have been taught by the game that they can have everything for just logging in, but I think a larger minority will finally have a reward for their skill and effort, and these people are the ones that maintain longer running subs anyways, because they chase achieves, heroic/mythic raiding, and generally work to maintain a level of skill and knowledge of the game that exceeds that of most other players.

TLDR; good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Yeah... Except the problem is the completely wrong juxtaposition of "casual vs raider". If someone plays 16 hours a day, does stuff like completing achievements such as The Insane back when it really was insane to complete, or does high-rated arenas or battlegrounds, or has 500K-1M honorable kills total so far by doing regular battlegrounds, or has 50 alts all at max level with decent gear, or anything else not having anything to do with raids, and doesn't step into a single raid, ever, by this logic that person is a casual.

Even if they've put several times more time and effort into the game than a raider has.

If you're going for opposites, it's "non-raider vs raider" and "casual vs hardcore". Being casual has absolutely nothing to do with raiding. You can be a casual raider or a hardcore non-raider.

I feel like the big mistake was putting in a quest chain. If they just tied the skin to an achievement that was "Kill Zavius" on normal or above. No one would be flaming this hard. I am pretty sure less than 1% of players will get the 13 prestige skin and no one is complaining about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    Can 100% transmog any of the 10000 of weapons in the game over your artifact weapon, along with skins and color/animations. But yea, be bitchy about something that's completely fixable.
    The artifact is a major part of the expansion, transmogging over it would feel shite. Only way this is going to get fixed is if blizzard get their act together and at least make the other colors of the skin obtainable without first doing balance of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We start heroic Thursday. Still, I can't call that hardcore at all. Hardcore are champing at the bit to start on Mythic the day it releases. We walked into normal with most of us in 835 - 840.

You only have to do two of the nights, not three. I do three because I have the time. I still can't imagine that as hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I'd argue that 3 nights a week is at least "semi-hardcore" or "semi-casual" or however one wants to call it. Though it is a spectrum without clear margins, and it's subjective: what seems hardcore for one player might be more casual for others. It's also not only dependent on time spent raiding, but the general approach to the game. A guild raiding three evenings in a familiar atmosphere, e.g. not wanting flasks now (with those prices in the AH) and trying bosses out without much knowledge beforehand, is in my opinion more casual than one that raids 2 evenings, but wants every member to be fully prepared for every boss and wants all consumables to be had.
    Yeah we're more of the former. While we do want enchants, flasks, and people to be on time, no one is required to pick specific races and classes. No on has to be 110 on a set schedule and there are no assigned groups for mythics to gear up. Aside from at least reaching a general item level and being on time to raid, there is nothing that screams hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Mounts are cosmetic, and many are rewarded for doing harder content (moose mount, final raid boss mythic only mounts, gladiator mounts)
    Challenge mode gear was also cosmetic and required some level of skill to attain (one could argue that 8/8 gold was too easy, but what comes as common sense to you may not for another player; not everyone has godmode elite skill)

But there are also some cosmetic stuff that ISNT gated behind skill. Holiday events aren't hard and can reward mounts/cosmetic gear. Blizzard store transmog gear is cosmetic and requires no skill.

Why is it so hard to believe that some artifact skins require some level of skill to attain while others are literally handed to you? I mean holy shit.
    I don't rly care that much about the skins lols. after all we can still xmog.

I'm the sort if a mount has a 1% droprate, im not gonna bother.

The problem here, i think, is because the cosmetic skins are part of our artifact.

I think people in general want to max out everything they can in their weapon, even if it's just cosmetic.

Or maybe because it IS cosmetic, and they consider cosmetic as "casual" content. if it's +500 main stat, maybe they can understand why it's locked behind "difficult" content?

I still think, Blizzard will cave in to popular demand if it happens though.

thats not a limit for casual players, its a limit for anti-social players.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    I don't rly care that much about the skins lols. after all we can still xmog.

I'm the sort if a mount has a 1% droprate, im not gonna bother.

The problem here, i think, is because the cosmetic skins are part of our artifact.

I think people in general want to max out everything they can in their weapon, even if it's just cosmetic.

Or maybe because it IS cosmetic, and they consider cosmetic as "casual" content. if it's +500 main stat, maybe they can understand why it's locked behind "difficult" content?

I still think, Blizzard will cave in to popular demand if it happens though.
    You do realize a "skin" is synonymous to a "transmog", right?
    And you COMPLETELY missed my point where cosmetic does NOT mean exclusively one difficulty. You get a variety of appearances from a variety of difficulties and sources. Some are hard to get. Some are easy to get. You can't get everything from easy content. Otherwise it diminishes the sense of accomplishment.

i'm not a huge fan of raiding, but than again, if the skin looks cool maybe down the line i will try raiding and get it