Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard should scale Legacy Raids

Implement the scaling tech on all old raids so we can go do them as they were meant to be done.

Give Artifact Power per boss. There, incentive.

EDIT:
    I never said they had to force the scaling, just have it as an option for people who want to do it. Give Artifact Power and maybe some other incentives for doing it.

Also doesn't have to be all raids, maybe just give the option for a few favourites, gauge reaction and bring more in the future. That way, the ones that require more tuning can be released one at a time in the future.
    Last edited by Maester; 2016-09-28 at 05:03 PM.

As a Option, sure. Would still have to put more things on the loot list for people to actually create full Groups for it tho I guess.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    So other words, if you wanna do a level 60 old raid. You gotta get 40 people? Did you even think of this?
    Outside that if someone wants to have transmog gear, bad luck just AP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Blizz needs to start using their heirloom system more.

They could scale the raids up and put nice heirlooms available off the final bosses. Artifact power+ heirlooms should be enough incentive.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    If they scaled old raids, they would have to also revisit the mechanics for every fight. A great many of the fights required skills and abilities that no longer exist in the game, or have been changed so much that the mechanic is now broken.

For example: while opening Molten Core for the 10th anniversary was a cute idea, the reality was this - many of the mobs in there cast curses. Back in Classic, those of us with decursing abilities (healers, mages) could decurse others on a simple global roundtime. This worked out okay when you had 40 people hit with a curse, you had probably half a dozen people who could clean up the raid.

When they opened MC for the event, they sort of forgot about the curses. A few expansions ago, single target decursing abilities were largely changed to an 8 second cooldown. It's pretty hard to decurse 40 people when you have an 8 second roundtime, even if you have 10 people who can cast decurse, before one or several die from the curse.

Similar problems have existed in some of the timewalking dungeons, and they have had to go back and tweak things to make them workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maester View Post
    Implement the scaling tech on all old raids so we can go do them as they were meant to be done.

Saying this is one thing, and implementing, fixing bugs and balancing the whole thing the way they feel "as they were meant to be done" is something quite different.

They should do some raids like this as events every once in a blue moon, like they did for the anniversary. If they did it with ICC or Uludar, IMO, I think people would go nuts. Lot you could do with stuff like that

Deleted
    As an option or temporary event, maybe. Generally and automatically? No thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester View Post

umm... how about no? trying to gather a full raid just to run some old content? good luck with that.

as others have said, there are mechanics in some of the old fights are totally incompatible with today's classes and abilities, its old content, leave it in the past, i actually like that you can steamroll through legacy stuff solo, if you see a sweet piece of transmog gear / pet / mount whatever, you can just run off and get it, no spamming LFM in chat and waiting for hours

For anniversary it would be nice I guess.
    Cute pet and the end of the raid and a limited mounts but only in mythic mode because ¨reason¨.

/sarcasm

Deleted
    No thanks. I like farming old raids for transmog loot only. Besides AP and even heirlooms are not really that good enough of an incentive to do it. While reusing old raids has sort of worked in SWTOR I would rather see them put their time into making new instances instead of fixing old ones so they work with today's abilities.

honestly. i see this happening. but only on the last expansion, done over time with content patches in form of a timewalking raid scaled with the flex system

actually, they can do couple of raids for weekly events, like in wod timewalking thing

Deleted
    As weekly events or for some other reason, sure. General scaling, get the hell out of here and take that stupid idea with you.

I never said they had to force the scaling, just have it as an option for people who want to do it. Give Artifact Power and maybe some other incentives for doing it.

Also doesn't have to be all raids, maybe just give the option for a few favourites, gauge reaction and bring more in the future. That way, the ones that require more tuning can be released one at a time in the future.

A flexible scaling system could be implemented, You could go in and still solo perfectly fine, But the difficulty will increase by the number of players in the party/raid group

Couple issues with this,

-Legacy Raid Size
    Not compatible with this kind of system.

-Difficulty Setting
    Mechanics for legacy content should default to the highest difficulty level, Unless of course you are leveling in a dungeon

-Reward
    Gold: Bosses should still drop somewhere between 100-200 gold per individual player.
    Gear: Bosses should drop a currency that can be used to buy transmog appearances and other goodies.
    Group Bonus: More players = Better the reward.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2016-09-28 at 05:57 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. Do a Karazhan maybe, where it's a new raid in a remodeled old location with a new entrance. But don't scale the old content. Leave it alone.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Time is much better spent then on this nonsense. Look at what a cluster fuck WoD MC was, now that so few specs can decurse and purge things it would be even worse. They would have to rework mechanics for out dated content and that is a glorious waste of time for such a lack luster end product.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

In order to do the Legacy content "as they were meant to be done" they would have to set it so you revert to the build that was in use when the raid was live to ensure you have the right spells that the encounters were built around. But you would probably have to have an entire server dedicated to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    If they scaled old raids, they would have to also revisit the mechanics for every fight. A great many of the fights required skills and abilities that no longer exist in the game, or have been changed so much that the mechanic is now broken.

For example: while opening Molten Core for the 10th anniversary was a cute idea, the reality was this - many of the mobs in there cast curses. Back in Classic, those of us with decursing abilities (healers, mages) could decurse others on a simple global roundtime. This worked out okay when you had 40 people hit with a curse, you had probably half a dozen people who could clean up the raid.

When they opened MC for the event, they sort of forgot about the curses. A few expansions ago, single target decursing abilities were largely changed to an 8 second cooldown. It's pretty hard to decurse 40 people when you have an 8 second roundtime, even if you have 10 people who can cast decurse, before one or several die from the curse.

Similar problems have existed in some of the timewalking dungeons, and they have had to go back and tweak things to make them workable.
    That's why Mass Dispel exists, but I get your point.

I wouldn't mind it as an option, but the reward would have to be just more than a nostalgic feel.

Anyone want to go tackle Garrosh again?