Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multiple legendaries and raid stacking

One of the top progressed guilds in US is Midwinter.

Look here for their recent Mythic: Dragons of Nightmare achievement list:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/sa...Midwinter/news

Of the 20 raid members... 19 had legendaries.

Of those 19, at least FIVE had received at least 2 legendaries, 25% of their raid (check armory and news feed):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romicidez/feed

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llennia/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hebelle/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hebelle/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Soaksi/feed

So legendaries do have a HUGE impact on progression... and somehow this guild managed to stack near 100% of the raid with legendaries.

5 out of 20 have received more than one legendary?

Thank you Blizz... this had made this game very discouraging.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what? The drop chance is the same for everyone, if they can stack them, so can you. It's all fair game for the progression and for the everyone else it doesn't matter.

Diablo 3 people should have been fired, now they are shitting up wow

Deleted
    How many are mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    So what? The drop chance is the same for everyone, if they can stack them, so can you. It's all fair game for the progression and for the everyone else it doesn't matter.
    Curious as to how you plan to stack them when your fucking raid team DOESNT HAVE THEM

They really need to make a baseline IQ test to join....

Well first:

Of course having 19 people out of 20 raid members with legendaries is going to make a impact on progression, I don't think blizzard intended for a group to have that many, this quickly in all fairness.

However, those members, may have been online, every day, 18 hours a day farming heroics, mythics, WQs everything possible to get those legenderies which of course will increase their chances to get them, and in fairness if you want to be at the top, thats the kind of thing you'd do.

Furthermore, none of those character you posted have actually got two equipped yet. Sure they might have two and switch out,

You've also got to remeber a little while back blizzard posted a note to saying they did know about the bug of a increased chance to get a legendary once you had your first and it had been fixed, now I don't know if people had their second ones removed or if they were allowed to keep them, if the second, that could also help to explain why a high percent of their raid has multiple ones.

But in all honesty, its probably just hard work and good rng

Deleted
    Yes it is very saddening to see that, but there is nothing we can do about it. We are at the mercy of Blizzard and I don't think they are going to change anything about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm OP, you do realize #1 Raiding guilds are obv gonna go for the ultimate progress way right?
    They obv want everyone to have a legendary so they probably go with people only with legendaries.
    This will increase their chance on the world first spot.

System is not shit for majority of the game. just a small % of the people who wanna race ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Are you insinuating that Midwinter is only a top US guild because of the legendaries they possess?

Litterally doesnt impact you at all. And if you wanted legendaries, you could have done what they did..... multibox 5 of the same class until you get a legendary to drop. Then play that character. Dont worry about the 1% you arent them. YOu never will be them. You need to play 80 hours a week and usually not have a job. WoW is what you do.

Deleted
    No, it's not. The drop was bugged for quite some time leading to people who received in to have a far, far, far higher chance (somewhere in the range of 10x or higher) to receive additional ones. Supposedly this was fixed but recent evidence and dropping patterns show that this remains unresolved and the bug still exists.

It's also a complete and utter RNG trash fest that shouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Diablo 3 people should have been fired, now they are shitting up wow
    They introduced a mechanic that has no place in an MMO. It simply doesn't belong and then they made it worse by bugging it to benefit those who already received one. It's wrecking the entire thing and leading to hilariously lopsided outcomes based on nothing but RNG.

for once i agree with that side on the legendary issue. legendaries mean nothing now.
    the idea was good but they should have kept the drop really rate low.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I wonder the real question is would midwinter be somewhere close to where they are without the legendaries? Likely. I mean they are on the short list of top US guilds for a few years. I would be more surprised if some no name guild pulled out these kills because of legendaries. That would speak volumes. But a top 10 guild in the runnings for being a top 10 guild? Seems pretty typical man. I mean? Doesn't it?

You people will get upset about anything... Who cares? Does this guild having 99% of their team in legendaries have any influence on your gameplay at all? Because I know it sure as hell doesn't effect mine.

the idea was good but they should have kept the drop really rate low.
    It is... Just because an entire raid team has them and a bug existed which was causing a higher chance at acquiring a second if you already had one doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the player base does not have a legendary. These players that have multiples spend all their time playing this game doing everything possible to get them. The drop rate is extremely low.
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2016-09-28 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    You people will get upset about anything... Who cares? Does this guild having 99% of their team in legendaries have any influence on your gameplay at all? Because I know it sure as hell doesn't effect mine.

It is... Just because an entire raid team has them and a bug existed which was causing a higher chance at acquiring a second if you already had one doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the player base does not have a legendary. These players that have multiples spend all their time playing this game doing everything possible to get them. The drop rate is extremely low.
    Or blizzard should give every character a lengendary once they reach 110. Their bug cause this issue so they should either remover lengearies form people's inventory or just reward everyone with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most high level raiding guilds have killed every possible boss and looted every possible cache on multiple characters in preparation for first week of mythic. If you did that as well you'd have at least one legendary at this point as well.

Raids are not balanced around legendaries. You're perfectly capable of clearing content without them.

Or blizzard should give every character a lengendary once they reach 110. Their bug cause this issue so they should either remover lengearies form people's inventory or just reward everyone with one.
    Yes, the bug resulted in unfair advantage, but that fact still remains that the chance on finding a legendary is extremely low and only those with ample access to all the means to acquire one stand a much better chance at finding it. Maybe subsequent ones after the first could be revoked, but not the first one. Though I don't think it needs to happen anyways. Again, how does it have any impact on your gameplay experience?

You will eventually find one (or more) if you put in the time. Do the work and maybe you can have the same rewards.

Every guild you're following with a shot in this race had people multiboxing 5x+ of the same class their first level through and maining whichever had the best legendary luck. It's brute forced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Curious as to how you plan to stack them when your fucking raid team DOESNT HAVE THEM

They really need to make a baseline IQ test to join....
    That's why you make your raid team from people who already have them. Hint, multiple alts and a wide roster. Or you can choose to keep your current team without any legendaries if you think that's gonna be better for you. It's completely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

Wait..
    You are discouraged from Legion because the best US-guild has a lot of legendaries?

This does not impact you AT ALL.
    No... I am salty because they can abuse the Mythic + system to run endless +2 runs for 3 chest loots. THis is hwo they "really" got all those legendaries.

A fucked up legendary system, a bugged RNG start... hell yeah I want my welfare legendary... but truly? I wish the hell they had NEVER whored out legendaries at all.

Legendaries... it's OK to pass them out like candy by pure RNG or abusing the M+ system... but hey... you can't transmog that bow because that would break fantasy.

I got news for Blizz... fantasy has been shattered beyond repair for many years now.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why you make your raid team from people who already have them. Hint, multiple alts and a wide roster. Or you can choose to keep your current team without any legendaries if you think that's gonna be better for you. It's completely up to you.
    It's all about speed runs of Mythic +2s

Run an alt group through a mythic, then speed run the five M2 keys on the mains.. 3 chests to loot + TONS of AP for weapon every run with NO limits.