Deleted

Artifact-Knowledge catch up is wrongly tuned

So today a guildmate asked me if I had allready done the 3rd Illidan-qest that you get from X'era, because he found it really interessting. I told him that i couldn't, since my research for level 5 is taking another 3 hours (as of writing this) to be completed. My Problem now is this: I reached 110 on the September 4th, and he reached 110 a few days later. Now his knowledge is level 5 since yesterday. My question now is:

Do you think it is fair that people that reached 110 later have an advantage to others because of the catch up?
    (I know it is only an slight advantage, but an advantage nonetheless)

Quote Originally Posted by justrion View Post
    So today a guildmate asked me if I had allready done the 3rd Illidan-qest that you get from X'era, because he found it really interessting. I told him that i couldn't, since my research for level 5 is taking another 3 hours (as of writing this) to be completed. My Problem now is this: I reached 110 on the September 4th, and he reached 110 a few days later. Now his knowledge is level 5 since yesterday. My question now is:

Do you think it is fair that people that reached 110 later have an advantage to others because of the catch up?
    (I know it is only an slight advantage, but an advantage nonetheless)
    I'm not 100% sure how the AK stuff works but it's odd that you're behind him. Maybe you're missing something somewhere else... like maybe you started yours slightly later after hitting 110 or something. I dunno.

Deleted
    It was actually the first thing I did after reaching 110, and I certainly am not "missing something"

Deleted
    Someone else in my guild pointed out that his alt had about caught up with his main and was still having lower research times. I.e his alt was going to be ahead of his main soon. So there seems to be something off. It will obviously matter less as the expansion goes on but right now it's a bit weird.

I can tell you for sure that this isn't always the case. I reached 110 a few days later than the average, and I just hit level 4 a day ago, and definitely am not catching up to everyone else any time soon. Haven't missed a research yet. I think there's a piece of the story missing there, or it's bugged for some players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Someone else in my guild pointed out that his alt had about caught up with his main and was still having lower research times. I.e his alt was going to be ahead of his main soon. So there seems to be something off. It will obviously matter less as the expansion goes on but right now it's a bit weird.
    Alts have 3day AK research cycles. Your first char has 5day cycles as far as I know.
    Someone at Blizzard didn't think it through, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So it seems like the catchup mechanic is currently bugged so that it never goes back down? That's weird and kinda cool. Here we come boys my pally is gonna be world first corrupted ashbringer at AK12. He has 2 and a half day AK research lol

Edit: It might be that alts just have 3 days on their timers at all times? Seems silly either way lol
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-09-28 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I'm not 100% sure how the AK stuff works but it's odd that you're behind him. Maybe you're missing something somewhere else... like maybe you started yours slightly later after hitting 110 or something. I dunno.
    My friend's Paladin, who always used to be a bit behind my alt Paladin in terms of AK research is suddenly ahead of me, despite us both constantly having up the work orders. There must be something to it.

Deleted
    I thought that it wouldn't be the same for those that took a while longer to reach 110, but that it is the case for someone that reached 110 two days later (I went and checked our achievements) is kinda weird, don't you think?

AK research time dynamically lowers as time goes on. However, the time it will take to complete is set when you purchase the work order. If you queue 2 work orders at the same time, you will start falling behind.

To do research as fast as possible, you must never queue two orders at the same time. If you do, you run the risk of having your "2nd order" take an extra day or even two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotenk View Post
    AK research time dynamically lowers as time goes on. However, the time it will take to complete is set when you purchase the work order. If you queue 2 work orders at the same time, you will start falling behind.

To do research as fast as possible, you must never queue two orders at the same time. If you do, you run the risk of having your "2nd order" take an extra day or even two.
    Sounds like the opposite. You queue two work orders when you are already behind and they are benefiting from the catch up mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I think there's some bugs with restarts and such. I had a few things seem to complete earlier on restart days but don't have hard data to confirm it, I wasn't looking for it and it seemed to finish faster. DH 2nd set of 5 class hall missions was one but can't be sure. Friend who hit 110 on his pally 2 days before me is already rank 5 and i'm only just about to hit rank 2. Something is off.