Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Want to punch Martin Shkreli in the face? You could get a chance

http://news10.com/2016/09/27/want-to...-get-a-chance/

NEW YORK (WCMH/AP) — Martin Shkreli, the former hedge fund manager vilified in nearly every corner of America for buying a pharmaceutical company and jacking up the price of a life-saving drug more than fiftyfold, says he’s auctioning off a chance to slap/punch him in the face to benefit a former friend.

On his Twitter account, Shkreli says he’ll let someone slap/punch him in the face for a price to help benefit his friend Mike, who recently died and left behind a young son who survived cancer.

To make an auction, a person needs to direct message Shkreli on Twitter.

I will auction one slap/punch in the face to benefit my friend Mike who passed away & leaves behind a young son who survived cancer. DM bids

— Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) September 26, 2016
    According to Shkreli, the two highest bids so far are $78,000 and $25,000.

So far the two highest bidders to punch or slap me in the face are for $78,000 and $25,500. Let me know!

— Martin Shkreli (@MartinShkreli) September 26, 2016
    Shkreli has found himself at the center of a firestorm over drug pricing in the last few months, and he hasn’t been afraid to throw on more fuel.

It began after his company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, spent $55 million in August for the U.S. rights to sell Daraprim, a 62-year-old drug for a rare parasitic infection, and promptly raised the price from $13.50 to $750 per pill.

The drug is the only approved treatment for toxoplasmosis, a disease that mainly strikes pregnant women, cancer patients and AIDS patients.

The move sparked outrage that resounded from the presidential campaign to the punk rock world and turned him into the new face of corporate greed.

Doctors and medical groups said the price hike was cutting patients off from lifesaving treatment, activists protested outside Turing’s offices, and the episode helped prompt a Senate hearing on drug prices.

Hillary Clinton called it price gouging and said the company’s behavior was “outrageous.” Donald Trump called Shkreli “a spoiled brat.” Bernie Sanders returned a donation from Shkreli. And indie record label Collect Records said it was severing ties with Shkreli, who had been an investor.

Shkreli said the company would cut the price of Daraprim. However, Turing reneged. Instead, the company is reducing what it charges hospitals for Daraprim by as much as 50 percent.

While most patients’ copayments will be $10 or less a month, insurance companies will be stuck with the bulk of the tab, potentially driving up future treatment and insurance costs.

Shkreli has said that insurance and other programs allow patients to get the drug despite the cost, and that the profits are helping fund research into new treatments.

But he has also unapologetically emphasized a business-is-business argument for the price jump. In fact, he recently said he probably should have raised it more.
    If he really wanted to even try to better his image he could have at least donated the money himself to his friends family instead of some stupid publicity stunt while looking for other people to pay up.

Edit: Sorry added link
    Last edited by noidentity; 2016-09-28 at 05:53 PM.

So he wants someone to commit a crime against him, so he could sue for money? Isn't inciting into crime also an offense of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly confident that Shkreli is not about to take a full on fist to the face. He'll either find a way to weasel out of it or make it so it's not a full on punch.

Either that or he's entirely unaware of how much damage a punch to the face can do to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Isn't it legal if both parties agree?
    Would be problematic for boxing matches if it wasn't.
    You think that guys good morals would stop him from backstabbing anyways?

Also, not sure. Pretty sure you can't shoot someone dead if they agree, even sign a paper for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put in 10k and still got out bidded! Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So he wants someone to commit a crime against him, so he could sue for money? Isn't inciting into crime also an offense of some sort?
    Boxing matches are illegal now?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Murder is different from hitting someone in the face though
    Go hit a random person in the face on the streets, breaking their nose. See what happens

Really think this jerkoff in question is after anything but a lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You think that guys good morals would stop him from backstabbing anyways?

Also, not sure. Pretty sure you can't shoot someone dead if they agree, even sign a paper for it.
    Punching someone isn't the same as ending someone's life, not morally, nor legally. I'm sure there will be legal paperwork and such you'll most likely have to sign, as well as him if you are the winning bidder...do you think he wants to be sued if you break your hand punching him?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had the money.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever wins, I hope they get Cain Velasquez to throw the punch, as hard as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm fairly confident that Shkreli is not about to take a full on fist to the face. He'll either find a way to weasel out of it or make it so it's not a full on punch.

Either that or he's entirely unaware of how much damage a punch to the face can do to a person.
    Well it's probably the reason why you need to message him directly through Twitter, he is going to pick and choose for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Punching someone isn't the same as ending someone's life, not morally, nor legally. I'm sure there will be legal paperwork and such you'll most likely have to sign, as well as him if you are the winning bidder...do you think he wants to be sued if you break your hand punching him?
    And which court would handle a case of assaulter hurting themselves while assaulting someone else? Oh wait, nevermind

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope a boxer or MMA fighter gets the highest bid. I wanna see someone put him on his ass.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

He can't afford the kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Whoever wins, I hope they get Cain Velasquez to throw the punch, as hard as he can.
    I'd rather get Hendo or Rumble Johnson personally, but Velasquez is pretty good too.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Is he going to announce the winner in a shitty youtube video with his "soldiers" standing behind him trying to act all hard ?

No, because I don't need to be violent to disagree with someone.

There are people who can punch you hard enough to kill you. There must be some restrictions.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    If he really wanted to even try to better his image he could have at least donated the money himself to his friends family instead of some stupid publicity stunt while looking for other people to pay up.
    He doesn't want to better his image lol, he likes being a jackass/troll on social media. Ofc he could have donated the money himself, it's not like he was working for free as CEO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There are people who can punch you hard enough to kill you. There must be some restrictions.
    Well hopefully they show some restraint, as a manslaughter charge would be likely at minimum if that would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a douche. He should just donate the money he made from his drug price gouging.