Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Just for you guys to know, Duncan will start shooting Mute in six days from now.
    Cool. After he's done we know for sure whether or not we get a sequel to Warcraft. And if we don't... at least we get to know how his version would have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Cool. After he's done we know for sure whether or not we get a sequel to Warcraft. And if we don't... at least we get to know how his version would have been like.
    I suggested to him that he could write a novel. Heck, future sequels of the movie-verse could be made as books! Much cheaper

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I suggested to him that he could write a novel. Heck, future sequels of the movie-verse could be made as books! Much cheaper
    iirc he said if he can't do a sequel, he'll tell us what it would have been like so we get to know that at least. Tbh I don't really see the point of making movie-verse books considering there is already bunch of warcraft books, some probably of the second and first wars.

Deleted
    watched the movie for the 2nd time the other night, enjoyed it much more than the first time i watched it.
    the pacing in some parts still seems a bit weird, and i still dont like some of the choices of actors, but the orcs still looked amazing.

imo this movie either needed to be longer, or split into 2 movies, somethings are not explained that well in the film and because of the bad pacing at the start some things could have done with some more attention and be better explained.

i found it more enjoyable thinking of it as a film set in the warcraft universe, rather than a warcraft movie!
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-09-23 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    orcs still looked amazing.
    Orcs' movements and mimics looked jerky, it is especially visible on the BR footage. They also didn't look alive due to general lack of movements - most of them were just playing looping animation. They were out of place as they didn't work well with human actors.

Deleted
    All the "slow" scenes deleted apparently. Such a shame, 40 minutes more of that and the movie would have been so good.
    They released the LFR version, for people who cant commit the time or effort for a full feature film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random and fun fact the Elves were not mocap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They spent millions on Orcs with their stilted movements (mocap actors has to move and act in an unnatural way, as seen in making of clips) and yet they spent just $13 on those terrible latex ears (notice the angle, it is in the movie too; cartilage doesn't bend at such angle, and even the seem between the ear and the prosthetics is visible), and abysmal wigs. It's a fantasy movie, right, who gives a crap, they might've thought.
    And then pah! 47 million box office, people from Blizzard responsible for that failure were made to go. Isn't this hilarious?
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-09-26 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked their Costumes and was glad that they stuck with the super big ears. Too sad that we barely saw them.

i love the warcraft games but this movie - the characters i couldnt really like.. something just seemed off

10+ Year Old Account

I still really hate the elf ears, they look too thick and chunky and not thin and slender. Its was one of my few gripes with the movie. More nit picking really. It didn't bother me too much as they were hardly in the movie, they could have always improved on that in the second movie. Which is looking doubtful
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-09-26 at 07:36 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    i love the warcraft games but this movie - the characters i couldnt really like.. something just seemed off
    There were way to many characters and to little build-up, its especially hard for newcomers to even remember their names. I also found it hard to care for the deaths of all the characters, simply because they felt underdeveloped and are rather just a random human/orc to me that clears up some space in an already huge cast. Sad thing is that I think the extended version that got cut probably involves a lot of build-up for these characters, but instead they cut a lot of their scenes short with their transitions happening way to fast. The movie has a lot of flaws, and this is definately one of them. It feels like they really needed to give Garona a much smaller role (ditch all the romance scenes atleast) and completely ditch Lothars son, who had the most pointless and emotionless death of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sad thing is that I think the extended version that got cut probably involves a lot of build-up for these characters
    No, it's just even more unnecessary plot points. Dialogs were not the strongest part of this movie.
    It feels like they really needed to give Garona a much smaller role
    That would leave the movie without the female protagonist, which is unacceptable.

There is a BD review already, which is (predictably) devastating. Negative points include bad CGI and that the movie is too long.

P.S.: Don't bother with BDs: the video there is just less compressed version of what was on iTunes some month ago. Outside of small details, they are virtually identical.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-09-27 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, it's just even more unnecessary plot points. Dialogs were not the strongest part of this movie.
    That would leave the movie without the female protagonist, which is unacceptable.

There is a BD review already, which is (predictably) devastating. Negative points include bad CGI and that the movie is too long.

P.S.: Don't bother with BDs: the video there is just less compressed version of what was on iTunes some month ago. Outside of small details, they are virtually identical.
    Haha yeah 1 movie with 1 female lead and suddenly not having a female protagonist is "unacceptable" in whatever world you inhabit. We must address this immediately after we have discussed ethics in video game journalism am i right XD

Honest Trailers: Warcraft 2016

Haha yeah 1 movie with 1 female lead
    Huh? What female leads are there except Garona?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Didn't get the point, right? Surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post

Honest Trailers: Warcraft 2016
    This Honest trailer was seriously cool enough. They could had been 100% much worse with it, but they weren't

Also https://twitter.com/andysignore/stat...72669936275456
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BK4nHUzjg8p/

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a great movie, but it certainly didn't deserve to get raked over the coals like it did. It was more interesting and ambitious than most of the other big budget movies released this summer.

It's a shame that the human stuff lacked the gravitas that the orc scenes had. All of the mo-cap work was excellent, with great performances behind them.

I think you're probably being facetious, but I would've liked to see more Draka instead of Garona. I also wonder what kinda scenes Aloman had(female footman) who was supposed to play a larger role in the final cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    This Honest trailer was seriously cool enough. They could had been 100% much worse with it, but they weren't
    They asked Duncan to do a reaction to their honest trailer too and he responded:
    https://twitter.com/andysignore/stat...06653034491905