Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Well, that depends on how the bad luck protection is implemented. In Hearthstone, for instance, you are guaranteed a legendary card after opening 40 packs of the same type without getting one.

You could certainly imagine a system whereby you were guaranteed to get a legendary after e.g. opening x number of emissary chests without one.
    Just so you know, the Hearthstone one I believe is pure crap. I've opened up over a hundred or so and never once saw a legendary. Only legendary I have is Tirion and only saw him because of the Welcome bundle's guaranteed. Yes, they were all the same packs.

As for the other, I know after 2-3 months on the beta doing Emissaries every day running daily heroic dungeon and such never saw a legendary. So far it's the same streak on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I just read a thread on the WoW forums that 19/20 raiders on Midwinter have legendaries and like 25% of them have 2 or more. LOL.

'Move along, nothing to see here!'
    And? More than half of my raid has legendaries, and about 1/4 of those have a second or more. It's the people that are consistently running M+ that are getting them, and undoubtedly, the raiders in Method are farming them.

The thing I'm finding most unusual is how quickly people are getting a second/legendary. Just people having some doesn't mean jack shit. We want to see the time frame that they earned them.

I guess I might as well contribute for myself. A week ago, I got my first legendary at about 4pm (shitty neck), second one drops about 4 hours later (bis boots). Next day, a third drops (shitty shoulders). All of these were earned from M+2s, first was after clear #60 something.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-28 at 08:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Did they have those 2 legendaries each pre fix or post?
    Almost all post. Only one of them had two legendaries before the fix supposedly went out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    And? More than half of my raid has legendaries, and about 1/4 of those have a second or more. It's the people that are consistently running M+ that are getting them, and undoubtedly, the raiders in Method are farming them.

The thing I'm finding most unusual is how quickly people are getting a second/legendary. Just people having some doesn't mean jack shit. We want to see the time frame that they earned them.

I guess I might as well contribute for myself. A week ago, I got my first legendary at about 4pm (shitty neck), second one drops about 4 hours later (bis boots). Next day, a third drops (shitty shoulders). All of these were earned from M+2s, first was after clear #60 something.
    My focus wasn't that most of them had legendaries, but that those people tended to have more than 1. I started this thread rolling my eyes, but the simple fact is rng doesn't account for the astronomical amount of people (like yourslef) who continue to get multiple legendaries while most people have none. Something is not right. The bug still exists, or another one does.

There actually is a way to prove/disprove a bug like this(not 100% prove but beyond reasonable doubt), it just requires gathering statistics from enough many players, but it must be done in proper and non-biased way. If you only pick individual examples like in this thread then of course the outliers are getting much more attention.

There is a poll with 276 voters on this forum which shows:

18% of players have only 1 legendary
    4.7% of players have more than 1 legendary

Even if that doesn't rule out all bugs, it shows that the situation is not nearly as bad as some people believe. Having only 1 legendary is still much more common than having 2 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    There actually is a way to prove/disprove a bug like this(not 100% prove but beyond reasonable doubt), it just requires gathering statistics from enough many players, but it must be done in proper and non-biased way. If you only pick individual examples like in this thread then of course the outliers are getting much more attention.

There is a poll with 276 voters on this forum which shows:

18% of players have only 1 legendary
    4.7% of players have more than 1 legendary

Even if that doesn't rule out all bugs, it shows that the situation is not nearly as bad as some people believe. Having only 1 legendary is still much more common than having 2 or more.
    That poll is useless though because it takes into account data before the fix. Someone could have gotten all their legendaries before the fix and voted there. The other issue is that it does not allow time for someone to gain their second legendary. If someone new gets one and doesn't play at all after they will still count.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    As someone working in the IT industry you of all people should know that 'rng' does not exist in computers.
    But that's exactly where RNG exists. In real life there's nothing truly random, just sequences of occurrences that seem random to our limited capabilities of reliably predicting them. Computers try to emulate this by generating numbers that are as hard to predict as possible. Hence the term, random number generator.

Maybe you meant to say, there's nothing random in computers? But even that is rather moot seeing how there's nothing truly random in anything, period.

I find it absurd when the loudest proponents for why it's not working properly, back up their claim with data that supports what they're trying to argue against.

"I've done like +1000 runs and gotten nothing, but then my buddy logs in for the first time and gets one within an hour. That's obviously not RNG, something is clearly bugged."

Do you people even think about what you type before you type it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    My focus wasn't that most of them had legendaries, but that those people tended to have more than 1. I started this thread rolling my eyes, but the simple fact is rng doesn't account for the astronomical amount of people (like yourslef) who continue to get multiple legendaries while most people have none. Something is not right. The bug still exists, or another one does.
    Sadly, the biggest difference between this time and last time (when Blizzard confirmed it), there are actually more people with 1 legendary than those with multiple. With the overall drop rate being increased due to higher difficulties coming out and possibly something with the bad luck protection, it's hard to tell anymore. The water is getting muddied.

To add more to the anecdotes, in my M+ group alone, last Tuesday, the shaman got the neck (#1). Wednesday, the shaman got his belt (#2), the warrior got his ring (#1), and the DH got his neck (#1). Thursday, hunter got his neck (#1), I got my neck (#1) and DH got his bracers in the same run (#2), and then I got my boots (#2). Friday, I got my shoulders (#3). Sunday, shaman got his boots (#3). Total, we ran maybe close to 120 M+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    But even that is rather moot seeing how there's nothing truly random in anything, period.
    Cosmic background radiation is random. Gene mutation is random.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That poll is useless though because it takes into account data before the fix. Someone could have gotten all their legendaries before the fix and voted there. The other issue is that it does not allow time for someone to gain their second legendary. If someone new gets one and doesn't play at all after they will still count.
    To me it seems more useful and reliable than any of these posts that only show individual experiences. Also if we take into account the fix, then the percentage of 2+ legendary people would be even lower. Also I don't think people who got 1 legendary are quitting the game more often than others. And no matter how short the timeframe is, there shouldn't be a reason to suspect something until actual numbers show otherwise. Now people are claiming that there's more people with 2+ legendarys than there's those with 1, which is simply not even close to reality here.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemyhlol View Post
    Cosmic background radiation is random. Gene mutation is random.
    They truly are not. Just because we lack the understanding of the underlying processes doesn't mean it's random. They are chaotic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

As much as I want to believe this bug was fixed, as I start seeing all my guildies who have 2, getting their 3rd, while i'm still sitting on 0 causes me to be suspicious that the bug itself is still not fixed as they wanted.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Wake up > Smile upon the beautiful day > Do your emmisaries > Get a warforged 805 wrist piece of shit > Hate your life

Good system.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They truly are not. Just because we lack the understanding of the underlying processes doesn't mean it's random. They are chaotic.
    Random = chaotic; unpredictable, without pattern.

We know why gene mutation happens but can't predict it.

We know why background radiation exists but can't predict it.

That's random.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is this? A quote from a Dictionary for Ignorant?
    One's inability to predict something doesn't mean it's unpredictable.
    What's there to predict? Do you even know what it is?
    That's random.
    Even a coin flip can be argued to not be truly random.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That's random.
    You know nothing, Jon Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What the hell is this? A quote from a Dictionary for Ignorant?

One's inability to predict something doesn't mean it's unpredictable.

What's there to predict? Do you even know what it is?

Even a coin flip can be argued to not be truly random.
    Of course a coin flip isn't random.

The Baylor University (in Waco, Texas) researchers, Jeffrey Lee and Gerald Cleaver, also note that even if Eve (attacker) watched the same bit of sky at the same time as Alice, she wouldn't get the same random number, “due to random variations in photon energy at any sky frequency, spurious signals within the detectors, interference from other sources of stellar radio noise, etc.
    http://m.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/1...ber_generator/
    Last edited by Nemyhlol; 2016-09-28 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    To me it seems more useful and reliable than any of these posts that only show individual experiences. Also if we take into account the fix, then the percentage of 2+ legendary people would be even lower. Also I don't think people who got 1 legendary are quitting the game more often than others. And no matter how short the timeframe is, there shouldn't be a reason to suspect something until actual numbers show otherwise. Now people are claiming that there's more people with 2+ legendarys than there's those with 1, which is simply not even close to reality here.
    How do you know the percentage of people with 2+ should be even lower? Do you have the pre fix data to compare it to? And I never said anything about quitting I said they may not be playing. Some days you don't have time to run mythic dungeons or spam heroics and just log on to take care of some business and log off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course a coin flip isn't random.

http://m.theregister.co.uk/2015/11/1...ber_generator/
    You read just the title didn't you?