Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think you're confusing me with someone else.
    That could be because you're quoting his reply to ravenmoon and you're not ravenmoon. Unless you are and just logged on on the wrong account to reply to Friendly, in which case you have my sincere apologies.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-28 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    BIAS !! So much for that the night elves Suramar did an excellent job with magic, unlike the Zin'Azshari highborne... they did not use it irresponsibly, managing their city perfectly, no aberrations, anamolies, demons or destruction, they continued well, and that's not an easy feat at all to achieve, certainly not something possible if you were indulging like Azshara. Their problem came because they HAD to rely on arcane magic to survive - food, even clothing after a while,, blood elves had no such problem but still got themselves out of balance - and they had the light and surrounded by nature to help them. There issue was then being in short supply of magic, they started leeching on others, and their condition was nowhere near as severe as the nightborne, who as you have notice don't leech on demons to satiate their thirsts nor on living beings not even animals - using crsytals and other such things. What did the blood elves do in their crazy phase? wreck havoc, they even went and called the demons, even the crazy nightborne didn't go that far at all. Kael'thas goes lusting after power to supposedly save his people, willingly and gladly joining the demons and calling them in.

And you want to look down on nightborne or Night elves for that matter...pfft.
    they are both similar, all of them, despite the different lifestyle, they are all from the same group, like a human civilziation that split up and went in different directions, one satyed ( nightborne) one went to the forests to live a life in exile (night elf) and one decided to start anew, new destiny (high elf..despite their differences and styles, they have much more in common than not, and should be able to find peace rather than fight. This is where I want them to go. High Elves are already on the same side as night elves, but they don't like them, because like the sin'dorei they were exiled. Blizzard can use that hate to unite the high elves and blood elves together, but the presence of the Nightborne and Suramar presents a unique opportunity to untie all elves. The night elves issues with magic are gone, as are the highborne and nightborne issues with addiction solved. Night elves do indeed need the magical might, nightborne the nature and Elune - for a while night elves have no longer needed to abstain from using arcane magic as not only is the point about it being a beacon for the legion moot, but they now know that it can successfully be masked from the twisting nether, the arcane addiction problem that developed during Azshara's reign they have solved in the nightborne, and the blood elves/High elves found their solution - the reason for the hate and mistrust is OVER - they can finally heal and get along - because there is still the matter of the Legion that started all this and Queen Azshara the one they loved and trusted who betrayed them and the world to this awful fate to bring to justice.

Although in her defense, they'll soon find out from Illidan if they haven't already, that regardless of Azshara the legion would have found Azeroth because it was looking for the nascent titan herself, not for the Well of Eternity, and perhaps Azshara pre-empting the meeting in some twisted way gave Azeroth the fighting chance it needed - (This is ofc theory and speculation - do not confuse it for lore.)

oh @ravenmoon - just ignore Mehrunes/Zulkhan. You'll find your reading and discussion much nicer. as I am. And use the harass/report function it's there for a reason. I have also noticed they don't make their own topics to discuss these things, or contribute positively, they latch onto others' contributions and just leech them dry, turning up to shoot people down, mock thier contributions or thoughts delighting in showing off their knowledge and wit, an how? at your expense, that is what's aggressive and antagonising, downright provocative when and if they don't fall in line with their own views on the matter, feeding derision and strife. It's one thing when no one minds, but when it starts to really bother you, take action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    for anyone as confused as i was: he means thaedris feathersong, not feathermoon. so we're not going to see shandris reuniting with a family member
    yes, I meant Thaedris FEATHERSONG ... not feathermoon, apologies for the error. Although I'm still hoping we'll see a Shandris reunion somehow.

they are both similar, all of them, despite the different lifestyle, they are all from the same group, like a human civilziation that split up and went in different directions, one satyed ( nightborne) one went to the forests to live a life in exile (night elf) and one decided to start anew, new destiny (high elf..despite their differences and styles, they have much more in common than not, and should be able to find peace rather than fight. This is where I want them to go. High Elves are already on the same side as night elves, but they don't like them, because like the sin'dorei they were exiled. Blizzard can use that hate to unite the high elves and blood elves together, but the presence of the Nightborne and Suramar presents a unique opportunity to untie all elves. The night elves issues with magic are gone, as are the highborne and nightborne issues with addiction solved. Night elves do indeed need the magical might, nightborne the nature and Elune - for a while night elves have no longer needed to abstain from using arcane magic as not only is the point about it being a beacon for the legion moot, but they now know that it can successfully be masked from the twisting nether, the arcane addiction problem that developed during Azshara's reign they have solved in the nightborne, and the blood elves/High elves found their solution - the reason for the hate and mistrust is OVER - they can finally heal and get along - because there is still the matter of the Legion that started all this and Queen Azshara the one they loved and trusted who betrayed them and the world to this awful fate to bring to justice.

Although in her defense, they'll soon find out from Illidan if they haven't already, that regardless of Azshara the legion would have found Azeroth because it was looking for the nascent titan herself, not for the Well of Eternity, and perhaps Azshara pre-empting the meeting in some twisted way gave Azeroth the fighting chance it needed - (This is ofc theory and speculation - do not confuse it for lore.)
    I keep telling you this, as much you or I may want it, they won't find peace, this is warcraft, you're going to have night group versus day group, brother against brother. dark v light. Different elven groups at logger heads with each other.
    high v blood, night v nightborne .. but blizzard also seems to be writing healing too., night elves you'd have thought would hate the highborne but they ended up working with them, and it seems that this continue son in the nightborne too, the ore you understand night elf relation to magic the less they have to fight or hate, and now with nightborne finding peace and healing through teaming up with night elves - and ofc us understanding they don't hate magic just irresponsible use, and us knowing the case with the nightborne, at least it's getting better.

But I am every skeptical about hoping for peace, in warcraft that really seems to be just a tease, and conflict is inevitable, it's designed for war, so war is the outcome I'd rather wager on. As much as I would like this to work out for them.. I don't think it will, I hope I'm wrong though

- - - Updated - - -

Peace will be dangled infront of you, teased with, but never really be given.. they'd be ceasefires, but that's it. D oesn't have to be, you can still have lots of war but with groups reconciling, but tha'ts not the makers' way in this franchise.

I keep telling you this, as much you or I may want it, they won't find peace, this is warcraft, you're going to have night group versus day group, brother against brother. dark v light. Different elven groups at logger heads with each other.
    high v blood, night v nightborne .. but blizzard also seems to be writing healing too., night elves you'd have thought would hate the highborne but they ended up working with them, and it seems that this continue son in the nightborne too, the ore you understand night elf relation to magic the less they have to fight or hate, and now with nightborne finding peace and healing through teaming up with night elves - and ofc us understanding they don't hate magic just irresponsible use, and us knowing the case with the nightborne, at least it's getting better.

But I am every skeptical about hoping for peace, in warcraft that really seems to be just a tease, and conflict is inevitable, it's designed for war, so war is the outcome I'd rather wager on. As much as I would like this to work out for them.. I don't think it will, I hope I'm wrong though

- - - Updated - - -

Peace will be dangled infront of you, teased with, but never really be given.. they'd be ceasefires, but that's it. D oesn't have to be, you can still have lots of war but with groups reconciling, but tha'ts not the makers' way in this franchise.
    That's a bit cynical, but not void of merit, and it's what I don't like. The conflict often feels needlessly fabricated especially considering who's involved.. in this case, the elves, these are supposed to be highly intelligent beings but their conflict is really stupid especially at this stage now, any one with sense should see that. All the reasons for it are dealt wtih, why continue to fight? And the getting along shoudln't be limited to night elf getting along with highborne/nightborne. It should be night elf with high elf, high elf with blood elf, blood elf with night elf, blood elf with nightborne, nightborne with high elf. Suramar thought lost is still here, The glorious empire, the high ideals, thought gone forever is not, the city itself is an indication that the Elves have a lot positive to bring to the world. The reason for staying isolated in forests or cities (night bunch) is gone or being exclusive (high elf) is gone - now all the sulking, self penance, remorse, guilt, fear shoudl be replaced with hope and purpose to end this nonsense that has crippled the elven people for too long. At the heart of it? The Legion. They should be bonding together in mutual fury at the Legion.

BIAS !! So much for that the night elves Suramar did an excellent job with magic, unlike the Zin'Azshari highborne... they did not use it irresponsibly, managing their city perfectly, no aberrations, anamolies, demons or destruction, they continued well, and that's not an easy feat at all to achieve, certainly not something possible if you were indulging like Azshara. Their problem came because they HAD to rely on arcane magic to survive - food, even clothing after a while,, blood elves had no such problem but still got themselves out of balance - and they had the light and surrounded by nature to help them. There issue was then being in short supply of magic, they started leeching on others, and their condition was nowhere near as severe as the nightborne, who as you have notice don't leech on demons to satiate their thirsts nor on living beings not even animals - using crsytals and other such things. What did the blood elves do in their crazy phase? wreck havoc, they even went and called the demons, even the crazy nightborne didn't go that far at all. Kael'thas goes lusting after power to supposedly save his people, willingly and gladly joining the demons and calling them in.

And you want to look down on nightborne or Night elves for that matter...pfft.
    : but the minute the blood elves found out about Kale'thas betrayal, they turned so fast on his ass, meanwhile these highborne, nightborne, have to be "remindede" or "persuaded" to do what is blimingly obvous.. which is only marginally better than the Azshara lot... showing you that Blodo elves changed from that, becoming wiser, smarter and less stupid - i mean look at night elves still making those errors, their 10k year old leader has to be taught tactics by a 40something year old human male.
    The whole lot are a bit of a joke, night elf and nightborne elf alike.

@Mace: but I want them to fight. The night elves are not a challenge for the blood elves, they are a bit useless, and everyone knows that. Maybe the nightborne might be a worthy challenge. BUt seeing how pathetic they are. We might just feel sorry for them, foolish night elves.

These aren't Tolkein elves. It's Warcraft = war, fighting. And I think the blood elves can win

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Changing topic to things that are not up there but remaining at 7.1, we end with "also Shandris". Sadly. At least I haven't seen her in any screens so far. One would imagine the general of Sentinel army would be a pretty important person in Darnassian society (and a rather decent equivalent for Liadrin, who is present in Suramar in said patch), yet Blizzard seems to try really hard to ignore the hell out of her and focus almost exclusively on Tyrande and Birdman, with Jarod and Maiev appearing here and there (at least as far as Night Elves are concerned). A wasted opportunity, really.
    Shandris is in the hunter class order hall campaign, oddly enough. She does little aside from hand out a couple of mundane quests. I never associated her with hunters, but I suppose that the Sentinels as a whole work so much with animals -- their nightsabers are really can be counted as weapons -- that this is Blizzard's reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also noticed they don't make their own topics to discuss these things, or contribute positively, they latch onto others' contributions and just leech them dry,
    When people make comments like this I can't help but take it a bit personally even when they aren't aimed at me. I rarely make threads, myself. For one reason, I'm genuinely self-conscious and another reason is that I have noticed that when I have made threads, they fizzle out. I don't seem to have the talent. So I am a thread leech, probably forever. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate those who do have the talent for making interesting discussion topics and I wonder where those topics would go if people like me never spoke up to keep them going?

oh @ravenmoon - just ignore Mehrunes/Zulkhan. You'll find your reading and discussion much nicer. as I am. And use the harass/report function it's there for a reason. I have also noticed they don't make their own topics to discuss these things, or contribute positively, they latch onto others' contributions and just leech them dry, turning up to shoot people down, mock thier contributions or thoughts delighting in showing off their knowledge and wit, an how? at your expense, that is what's aggressive and antagonising, downright provocative when and if they don't fall in line with their own views on the matter, feeding derision and strife. It's one thing when no one minds, but when it starts to really bother you, take action.
    This is just abject lie. Ask Faroth if I haven't been constructive or contributing positively when discussing Shandris with him and come cry about reporting non-constructive people only when your findings are somehow lacking. And dafuq is this nonsense about "leeching threads"? I must have missed the memo about some "started threads" to "posts" ratio. Because it has to be a ratio, otherwise you'd also be a leech in threads you did not start (like the one about 7.1 made by rhlor where your contributions were just delightful, if by delightful I descriptively meant you ignoring mod warnings).

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Shandris is in the hunter class order hall campaign, oddly enough. She does little aside from hand out a couple of mundane quests. I never associated her with hunters, but I suppose that the Sentinels as a whole work so much with animals -- their nightsabers are really can be counted as weapons -- that this is Blizzard's reasoning.
    Well, she is one of the best archers on Azeroth so that's probably the reason.

When people make comments like this I can't help but take it a bit personally even when they aren't aimed at me. I rarely make threads, myself. For one reason, I'm genuinely self-conscious and another reason is that I have noticed that when I have made threads, they fizzle out. I don't seem to have the talent. So I am a thread leech, probably forever. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate those who do have the talent for making interesting discussion topics and I wonder where those topics would go if people like me never spoke up to keep them going?
    Shame on you, you leech. Hell, by that inane "logic" Aqua is a leech.

@Aucald Since the topic of censuring people has been brought up and given @Mace 's current transgressions, I thought you should be informed that @ravenmoon self-inserted himself into a discussion that didn't involve him or even mention him whatsoever, despite admitting himself he hasn't even been present in the thread at the time said discussion took place, just so he could spread outright lies and act like a triggered diva (which is weird, because I was finally on board with some of his ideas and was peacefully discussing them, then again such reaction would fit the behavior of a diva). Twice. I'm not sure if it's narcissism, persecution feelings or whatever, but I'm like, get a life. Because these accusations make me feel harassed even more than @ravenmoon convinced himself to be with his projection. And given the baselessness of this self-insertion, @Mace telling him to report people over make-believe nonsense is @Mace encouraging other users to break the rules by making bogus reports.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-28 at 07:48 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Pff I haven't made a single thread in 6 years ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    oh dear, another thread tinged by your sour tones

what is wrong with you guys, are you jumping on every night elf or nightborne thread just to stir up trouble and mock? Is that the best use of your time? Hey lets pop on every thread and try and spoil it.
    Well, you and your friend did literally everything in your power to be a target of mockery. I can't help if I find something considerably hilarious.

@Aucald you not going to censure these guys, they seem to be doing this on several threads now, meaningful contribution seems a secondary concern, mocking and aggravation primary. It's stinking up the place a bit.
    A bit of dosed hilarity does not derail nor hurt this thread since there's no inflamatory content whatsoever, nor there's any personal attack against anyone. At the very most we guarantee an occasional source of free entertainment. And surely is not a concern of yours if our "meaningful contribution" is either a primary or secondary effort as long as there is one.

I feel harassed.
    A shame, but your response to Aucald is a mastodontic strawmann that purposely dodged the point of his reply: if you want to discuss canon lore in the lore section sticks to it, be it for discussion or speculation. Otherwise you can always write a fan story, maybe post it in the RP section or whatever and say "this is my story guys, read it and see if you like it". I don't think is that hard.

And yeah Mace, ignore me as much as you want and on Raven's defense, defense against what is not even clear as no one personally attacked anyone here and what was truly mocked was an argumentation that I legitimately found unnecessary, ridiculous and absurd. But I already had taste enough of the kind of "coherent" and "honest" poster you are Mace so I can perfectly carry on without your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What does that make you? I'm not sure if it goes in the direction of more blood sucking, which I suppose would make you some sort of a vampire, or in the direction of even more lowly creatures. Because in this case, a vampire would be an upgrade over a leech, at least in my opinion and as such wouldn't really fit (and I'm not sure if it's some objective ranking here or if it's a YMMV type of thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And yeah Mace, ignore me as much as you want and on Raven's defense, defense against what is not even clear as no one personally attacked anyone here and what was truly mocked was an argumentation that I legitimately found unnecessary, ridiculous and absurd. But I already had taste enough of the kind of "coherent" and "honest" poster you are Mace so I can perfectly carry on without your responses.
    Admit it, you're actually torn up inside because your life became even more meaningless.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-28 at 07:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And given the baselessness of this self-insertion, @Mace telling him to report people over make-believe nonsense is @Mace encouraging other users to break the rules by making bogus reports.
    Things are starting to really heat up here. I can imagine Tyrande saying this in her blunt, bitchy way. <--- (trying to keep it on-topic at least a little)

Things are starting to really heat up here. I can imagine Tyrande saying this in her blunt, bitchy way. <--- (trying to keep it on-topic at least a little)
    Well, given that it's a topic about relations between Night Elves and Nightborne Elves, lemme correct you here: bitchy, yet motherly way. Then again I see Tyrande saying that about her loins when thinking about Malfurion, so not sure if there would be any bitchiness present (on the other hand he's a birdman that's asleep for most of the time and has a tendency to blow up continents so who knows, maybe she's a nagging wife).
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-09-28 at 08:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, given that it's a topic about relations between Night Elves and Nightborne Elves, lemme correct you here: bitchy, yet motherly way. Then again I see Tyrande saying that about her loins when thinking about Malfurion, so not sure if there would be any bitchiness present (then again he's a birdman that's asleep for the most of the time and has a tendency to blow up continents so who knows, maybe she's a nagging wife).
    Oh my god, you just won this and all these threads about night elveness. And by gawd, I can hear her saying this too, weird accent and all. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Edit: "MalFURee-ohn! Theengs ahr reeelly stahrting to heeet up heah! Wake UP!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You leech, I made at least 3 in the last 3 years. I'm so much less of a leech than you!

Admit it, you're actually torn up inside because your life became even more meaningless.
    Indeed, I can't even dare to ignore Mace myself, the mere thought of not seeing any of his posts shatter my soul into pieces.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If you have interpersonal grievances with another forum-goer, take them to PM's or another setting entirely. This is the final warning before thread closure and/or moderation actions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you have interpersonal grievances with another forum-goer, take them to PM's or another setting entirely. This is the final warning before thread closure and/or moderation actions.
    It's funny all the talking about personal attacks when, in fact, we're the ones mentioned by name and suggested to either be ignored or reported.

I have no intention to carry this vicious cycle on, as I hadn't before those two haven't been triggered and offended for juvenile reasons. Next time I'll start to ignore people for good instead of wasting time with derailing responses. Let's call it a warning for the "interested".

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You leech, I made at least 3 in the last 3 years. I'm so much less of a leech than you!
    Damn, you're just 1/3rd of a leech compared to me. Beaten by a Dark Troll. Then again I was planning some threads, like discussing the person of the Wretch revered by Wretch'dorei, how hydras are Highborne and how Dunmer from Elder Scrolls actually exist in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The whole lot are a bit of a joke, night elf and nightborne elf alike.

@Mace: but I want them to fight. The night elves are not a challenge for the blood elves, they are a bit useless, and everyone knows that. Maybe the nightborne might be a worthy challenge. BUt seeing how pathetic they are. We might just feel sorry for them, foolish night elves.

These aren't Tolkein elves. It's Warcraft = war, fighting. And I think the blood elves can win
    not Tolkein elves, but highly intelligent, wise mean the same thing in both and it would be foolish, and unwise to continue fighting when the things you were fighting over have found closure (and it's about time too)

night elf issues with magic resolved: using the arcane for spells is no longer necessarily a beacon for the Legion
    night elven arcane addiction issues solved by the tree
    blood elf issues, - they survived exile and founded a kingdom that fluorished, to something far more amazing than the ruins the night elves themselves continued living in - if that's not enough for self satisfcation
    blood elf issues with arcane addiction solved by the divine aspect of the sunwell
    nightborne/highborne troubles with addiction solved by the arcan'dor

all the root issues for their conflict are dealt with, intelligent and wise people should realise they no longer need to hate or fight each other, like 20 something year olds, they are not human, some of these beings are 100s of years old (high elf/blood elf) or 10,000 years old (night elf/nightborne), 20s/30s unable to understand the basics of what they're experiencing.

Furthermore, you don't have to have every person fighting his housemate for it to be warcraft, and you don't have to have Elves fighting each other for it to be wacraft, it can still be warcraft even with a horde and alliance peace - as there is the legion, the naga, the void and rogue groups still around. The Elves having had the last of their issues put to rest can certainly work together and be the bigger people to help the younger races - no one else apart from the draenei lives anywhere near as long as both the night group and the Thalassian group, so not only are they an ancient race they are also ancient individuals, whiles the factions keep getting hot and tempered, the elves should be the ones within each of them calming them down. The Night elves in the alliance, the Blood elves in the horde, while the Nighborne and Highborne/High Elves be a neutral elven sanctuary furthering the goals of all elf kind.

Oh my god, you just won this and all these threads about night elveness. And by gawd, I can hear her saying this too, weird accent and all. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Hmm, I should start paying attention to her accent I think.

response: I'm awak, I'm awake! - in a quiet glade in Darkshore