Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    method has Sco who is guildmaster thats all that matter, what you wrote is bunch of garbage.
    So a guild is only their guildmaster? Good to know. Also, what I wrote is factually accurate. No need to get emotional sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Yes I know last boss matters, but still i was expecting them do be above Method lol.
    From my pure spectator perspective I don't see why there would be much difference. As long as they're all geared.. which they are.. and they have well experienced raiders.. which they do.. it was always going to be very close. As you say the final boss is where the difference may show itself. Method and Serenity were literally killing bosses within minutes of each other earlier today. iT was insane how in sync they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's not what happened. Serenity IS Method. Rogerbrown, Sco and Justmonk joined REM, and REM renamed themselves to Method. In a technical sense, yes they did gquit, but it was more like everyone else booting their officers. If they had guild control I'm sure they would have just kicked the officers. "Method" is 3 old Method players and 17 REM players. Serenity is 17 Method players and 3 new people.

Anywho, pressure is on now! Go Exorsus! Go Serenity!
    Really? Even worse for serenity then.

REM > Serenity ( Old Method ). I LoL'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Ya my point was these euro guilds have had their core raiding together forever and probably a lot of their leadership. Where as BL and these other re-makes do not. So that definitely hurts big time. You as an ex raider in BL can probably appreciate/agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

In before serenity defenders say this tier didnt matter and Guldan is what matters.

I agree and disagree on some points. EU having better access to vacation days/more vacation days helps a LOT. The vast majority of raiders in Blood Legion and even in Midwinter either had flexible jobs, or had been in college and they balanced school with raiding. The reason you see such big turnaround, even in BL we averaged 5-10 people per tier changing out, is because people get out of school and get a real job. That is definitely a huge impact.

Another thing to keep in mind, EU has a hugely diverse population compared to the US, and also has MULTIPLE guilds that aim for top 3 world every tier. The US, for the LONGEST TIME, has basically only ever had Premonition, Vodka, and Blood Legion. And it was never all 3 at the same time. EU have a clear progression path that players can take to improve ranking and maybe join a top guild, which gives guilds HUGE roster access and flexibility simply due to player pool size and interest.

The US has always had 1 GOOD guild, 1 guild that struggled and ends up falling apart because the other US guild does better than them (yay toxic players), and then the rest usually not making it top 20 world (not accounting for oceanic guilds, because in essence they aren't the same player pool for OC vs NA due to timing).

Comparing EU to US is almost silly at that point and is purely there for rivalry purposes. There is no true competition between the US guilds and the top EU guilds anymore, and I highly doubt you would ever see multiple US guilds across multiple expansions stay top 5 world. Our culture just doesn't support that kind of playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes, like totally, based a back and forth about "MMO raiding heroes" on a random game forum. And I so doubt we are even remotely the same generation if you seriously think that

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look..more that Blizzard killed. No matter what they do..they kill the game. I want a time machine to a universe where they didn't change a thing and WoW is juuuust the same as in 2005 and Blizzard never innovated or tried different things.

That would probably be the universe where SWToR or Wildstar is the best selling MMO:

- - - Updated - - -

Let me get this right...EU guilds = no-lifers without a job, US guilds = hard working family guys holding down two jobs? And that is why EU has now overtaken you guys?
    Jesus you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    -snip-
    Come on, since there is no more Paragon vs Method drama, now its NA vs EU, stop bringing so much compeling arguments, lets us fight
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's not what happened. Serenity IS Method. Rogerbrown, Sco and Justmonk joined REM, and REM renamed themselves to Method. In a technical sense, yes they did gquit, but it was more like everyone else booting their officers. If they had guild control I'm sure they would have just kicked the officers. "Method" is 3 old Method players and 17 REM players. Serenity is 17 Method players and 3 new people.

Anywho, pressure is on now! Go Exorsus! Go Serenity!
    Apples and Oranges. Method is unique in the world of warcraft scene as they are an ORGANIZATION and not a GUILD. Everyone else is a GUILD.

Serenity BibleThump

Exorsus getting a WF and DDoSing wowprogress at the same time. These guys are gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    Exorsus getting a WF and DDoSing wowprogress at the same time. These guys are russians.

Fixed that for you sir.

The shitposts are 6/10.

Mother Russia, don't blow this.

Apples and Oranges. Method is unique in the world of warcraft scene as they are an ORGANIZATION and not a GUILD. Everyone else is a GUILD.
    History is apples and oranges? What? That doesn't even make any fucking sense.

Deleted
    I agree and disagree on some points. EU having better access to vacation days/more vacation days helps a LOT. The vast majority of raiders in Blood Legion and even in Midwinter either had flexible jobs, or had been in college and they balanced school with raiding. The reason you see such big turnaround, even in BL we averaged 5-10 people per tier changing out, is because people get out of school and get a real job. That is definitely a huge impact.

Another thing to keep in mind, EU has a hugely diverse population compared to the US, and also has MULTIPLE guilds that aim for top 3 world every tier. The US, for the LONGEST TIME, has basically only ever had Premonition, Vodka, and Blood Legion. And it was never all 3 at the same time. EU have a clear progression path that players can take to improve ranking and maybe join a top guild, which gives guilds HUGE roster access and flexibility simply due to player pool size and interest.

The US has always had 1 GOOD guild, 1 guild that struggled and ends up falling apart because the other US guild does better than them (yay toxic players), and then the rest usually not making it top 20 world (not accounting for oceanic guilds, because in essence they aren't the same player pool for OC vs NA due to timing).

Comparing EU to US is almost silly at that point and is purely there for rivalry purposes. There is no true competition between the US guilds and the top EU guilds anymore, and I highly doubt you would ever see multiple US guilds across multiple expansions stay top 5 world. Our culture just doesn't support that kind of playstyle.
    "muh culture"
    "muh work"
    "muh lack of roster flexibility"

LMAO is all I can say.
    Blood Legion making up shit excuses, just face the fact: you got outplayed every single tier by EU guilds because you were simply worse (and had one of the worst raid leaders this game has ever seen, but that's another topic).

Seriously, you think US guilds were unique with having to changing out players? You think you had bigger roster issues than a fucking FINNISH GUILD? What a joke

Next WF race someone needs to make a clever script that monitors the players in the top US guild vs the top EU guilds and record how many hours they're in the game during progression. Alts too. It would be fascinating to see that laid out in some big infographic presentation. Because you're right. There is nothing about being born in America that says you're going to suck at WoW PVE. It's external factors that make the difference. That's why e-sports such as SC2 are dominated by young guys from the far east. They can spend hours and hours practicing and that whole approach to playing the game is acceptable and almost normal for them.

Back when WoW was all teenagers/very early twenties people playing.. Vanilla etc.. hours and hours to sink into this amazing MMO and stay up until 4am every night.. that's when US guilds were on a level playing field.

Not to derail the thread by talking about the actual WF race or anything, but did Exorsus run any split heroics at all today? As they seemed to have gone into mythic straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Blood Legion making up shit excuses, just face the fact: you got outplayed every single tier by EU guilds because you were simply worse (and had one of the worst raid leaders this game has ever seen, but that's another topic).
    So what makes a US guild worse than a EU one? Do you think it's just some weird coincidence EU guilds dominate PVE? Do you know how restrictive time off is in the US? Paid leave is something Clinton wants to introduce. Europe has had it for a long time. It has to be external factors. American's aren't born worse at PVE than Europeans. The same way Europeans aren't born worse at SC2 than Koreans.

Deleted
    shhhhhh, i feel ....hrmmm, whatever Trevor, can't wait for another 2-3 years before i can solo the last boss of this raid at this difficulty. Grats me and best of luck to whomever of this amazing players get it first go go go , my favorite is Method, have a beer, hope you guys get world first again. Enjoy the fun all.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Next WF race someone needs to make a clever script that monitors the players in the top US guild vs the top EU guilds and record how many hours they're in the game during progression. Alts too. It would be fascinating to see that laid out in some big infographic presentation. Because you're right. There is nothing about being born in America that says you're going to suck at WoW PVE. It's external factors that make the difference. That's why e-sports such as SC2 are dominated by young guys from the far east. They can spend hours and hours practicing and that whole approach to playing the game is acceptable and almost normal for them.

Back when WoW was all teenagers/very early twenties people playing.. Vanilla etc.. hours and hours to sink into this amazing MMO and stay up until 4am every night.. that's when US guilds were on a level playing field.
    Back then there was no EU server's and it took less then 6 months "back then" for EU to start beating the shit out of NA every new content like no problem.

So what makes a US guild worse than a EU one? Do you think it's just some weird coincidence EU guilds dominate PVE? Do you know how restrictive time off is in the US? Paid leave is something Clinton wants to introduce. Europe has had it for a long time. It has to be external factors. American's aren't born worse at PVE than Europeans. The same way Europeans aren't born worse at SC2 than Koreans.
    So instead it simply means that Americans have less freedom than EU? That's worse aint it.

Deleted
    That's why e-sports such as SC2 are dominated by young guys from the far east. They can spend hours and hours practicing and that whole approach to playing the game is acceptable and almost normal for them.
    Ah yes, of course! It's so easy over there, because it's not like South Korea has one of the most insane, hardcore working cultures in the world! Nope nope, they can just sit and get good at SC2 all day long.

Americans making up shit excuses lmao, just accept the fact that EU guilds are better?