10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    That's why there's the LFG option built into the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    That's why there's LFR. So you can find others to work with you.
    Unless there are 9 other me's readily available, it usually isn't worth the frustration. Hint, there is only one.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Now we're getting somewhere.
    Someone gets it.. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    It has the word raid in the title of the mode.

Face it, champ. It's a raid. Sorry if that wounds you somehow.
    Anti Defamation League has the word defamation in it..... I guess they must defame people right? It says looking for raid.... doesn't say it's raiding. When you click join... you're still looking since it's not raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Unless there are 9 other me's readily available, it usually isn't worth the frustration. Hint, there is only one.
    The frustration of having to stare at the LFG tool, wading through rampant elitism and unrealistically high expectations is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post

Someone gets it.. I think.
    There's 9 other like minded individuals you can find to make it worth it. You're using a bad excuse that essentially is based in ignorance or you're lying and are just too bad to do other modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You definitely can. Every important mechanic on fights has either been changed to be forgivable and easily recoverable from or out right removed on normal from the heroic counterpart. It's what they used to do to LFR... in normal now.

Anyone who's actually done the raid on normal knows how easy it is.
    I've done normal, I've seen 4 raids fail at normal so far. There are so many raid groups looking for people that are stuck on Evil Tree and/or Renferal. My first raid group last week after spending a good 1 and half hours looking, wiped 4 times on Nythendra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    There's 9 other like minded individuals you can find to make it worth it. You're using a bad excuse that essentially is based in ignorance or you're lying and are just too bad to do other modes.
    A lot more of a pain in the ass that you make it seem though. And even if you do get a group, it doesn't mean that it will even down the first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You're arguing emotion versus the technical definition of something. It's like the people earlier saying questing wasn't PVE gameplay or something. That's just silly. LFR puts you into a massively unorganized raid instance with a massively unorganized raid group.

You're not a hardcore raider or whatever, but by basic game definitions, you absolutely are "raiding". If you're not, what in the hell are you doing? LFR-ing? is that a word now? Do we just casually come up with new definitions to describe it when people play at settings we don't approve of?
    The question, "Is LFR raiding?" it totally irrelevant for the topic of this thread. Blizzard came out and said that these quests are for a cosmetic reward that they are reserving for organized raiders.

Again, a cosmetic reward we are reserving for those who participate in organized, non-matchmade content.

This is not something you, by any means, "need". And "needing" it on every alt, doubly so. If you desire it, then organize a raid or join a guild that will put you in their raiding ranks and dedicate the time to obtaining the items.
    So regardless of whether LFR is "raiding", No one will claim LFR is organized raiding. You can't have everything at LFR level, sorry. Basically this is the same diff as the PvP artifact skins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    A lot more of a pain in the ass that you make it seem though. And even if you do get a group, it doesn't mean that it will even down the first boss.
    This is why organized raiding is mainly the domain of guilds. Do the right thing... join a guild! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their is no better reward for beating halo at a harder difficulty. Excuse me short of the occassiobal extra 15 seconds of clip at the end of a clip. It is not every game, it is not even every rpg. Its diabo and wow.
    Prestige. There is always an award, in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    So you're supposed to be guaranteed kills in the game now? Wow is all I can say.

Deleted
    I have to disagree, this is not a mandatory thing it is just for a new skin/transmog. I find your rage about something so silly disturbing, on top off that Normal is so forgiving it is almost at the level of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    I have to disagree, this is not a mandatory thing it is just for a new skin/transmog. I find your rage about something so silly disturbing, on top off that Normal is so forgiving it is almost at the level of LFR.
    Exactly. Some rewards require more effort, time and skill than others.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    The question, "Is LFR raiding?" it totally irrelevant for the topic of this thread. Blizzard came out and said that these quests are for a cosmetic reward that they are reserving for organized raiders.

So regardless of whether LFR is "raiding", No one will claim LFR is organized raiding. You can't have everything at LFR level, sorry. Basically this is the same diff as the PvP artifact skins.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why organized raiding is mainly the domain of guilds. Do the right thing... join a guild! :P
    I don't want it. I'm just talking about the vocabulary used when a guy said something in the topic. I even clearly just said that, plain as day, and yet... you still said that :/

Did you not heed my gigantic disclaimer at all?

This always happens when you respond to someone about these sort of things. Which is why, when I've done it several times, I had to put a gigantic stamp of text as a disclaimer so people don't jump to silly conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't want it. I'm just talking about the vocabulary used when a guy said something in the topic. I even clearly just said that, plain as day, and yet... you still said that :/

Did you not heed my gigantic disclaimer at all?
    Fine. I am just pointing out that whether or not LFR is "Real" raiding is a moot point in relation to this topic. The real question: Is LFR organized, non-matchmade raiding? I don't think anyone will claim it is.

Fine. I am just pointing out that whether or not LFR is "Real" raiding is a moot point in relation to this topic. The real question: Is LFR organized, non-matchmade raiding? I don't think anyone will claim it is.
    I pretty much agree. I'm just a stickler when it comes to correct use of words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    So you're supposed to be guaranteed kills in the game now? Wow is all I can say.
    That's not what I said, I said there is no guarantee that you'll even down a boss let alone do the requirements in one night. This means you'll be forced to try for probably a few separate days to try and get a group for the bosses you need. It's not really something I care to spend the time doing when I only have so many hours in the day to actually do what I want. I just want to finish the quest without a hassle because I've already finished the other parts. I am totally fine with raiders even getting their own skin but gating a quest behind a raid when none of the other tints require a raid seems kind of poorly thought out. PvP got it's own skin, raiders should have to, instead of making the one raid specific tint tied in with a quest like that's not so subtely just trying to get more people into raiding.

Did that for many years and wasted a lot of time on it, rather not have to deal with it anymore.

To all you people going "it's only a cosmetic", what you fail to realize is that for a lot of people appearance is the most important part of getting a new item.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If "Normal is ridiculously easy" why not allow it on LFR for those that do not have the interest in dealing with the drama of the LFG tool?

That easy argument always baffles me.
    So does the argument that if you want something then you should have to work more for it. Not saying Normal is hard but its not the ROFL stomp that LFR is. Now if it was something needed then yeah, I guess throw it in LFR to progress the story, but since its for a cosmetic skin and is something "wanted" not "needed" then put a little more effort on your part and join a raiding guild or a PuG.

LOL Glorious Leader is back. Get ready for a lot of "I think (and that means the majority)" based opinions on content should be designed for only individuals of his caliber and not anyone else's. Truth be told mounts and other cosmetic things are gated behind money in the store. So a cosmetic item being gated behind game mechanics is perfectly fine. If not how it should be. I mean I would love a gladiator mount. But I am not a huge fan of the play style nor a skilled enough of a PVPer. So I will just go without and that's fine. It's just a game item am I right or what.

The problem I have with it is that its not a one time thing. You need a ton of those corrupted essences. Doing just normal would take 5-6 weeks. Normal is dead easy so its not that its difficult, its that its easy and time consuming. If there was a mythic only quest I think it would be better received. If it was open to LFR too I doubt anyone would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    To all you people going "it's only a cosmetic", what you fail to realize is that for a lot of people appearance is the most important part of getting a new item.
    Then if its "most important" then put in the effort to get it .... EFFORT = REWARD