Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    You're missing the entire point, my trolly friend. Paragon maintained virtually the same roster across multiple expansions. Name me any US guild that has done that? There are obviously varying factors as to why that is a thing, but US guilds have never maintained a roster as strongly as Paragon did.

A lot of Paragon's success ties specifically into having extremely amazing theorycrafters, strategists, and the same roster playing with each other over multiple tiers and expansions. Having THAT level of familiarity, plus the raw skill of some of those players (lets face it, most of paragon players are gods walking among boys) goes a long way.

Point being, US and the NA scene generally have issues with maintaining the same roster, and recruiting equally skilled players to fill voids of players quitting and moving on with their lives. Moreso than EU ever faces. That plays a big role and factor. It isn't an excuse, BL had way more issues than just roster turnover for that to even be an excuse. Frankly, I am fine with how BL did and I don't feel the need or desire to try and point blame as to why the guild didn't do as well as it could have (cough leadership cough).

"Troll troll troll"

You know just because some disagrees with you that doesn't make them a troll, right?

Paragon did not maintain "virtually the same roster", that's rubbish. Hell, that's even why they were forced to go 10-man in MoP, because they simply couldn't maintain a 25-man roster of good players. Meanwhile, Blood Legion actually DID manage to maintain 25+ players. Hmm...

But sure keep talking about how you had it sooo much harder because of external factors while EU guilds did not. The fact is that Blood Legion will always be seen as a joke in the raiding scene, and no matter how many excuses you make up that ain't gonna change

Good thing you admit the shit leaders you had at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    if i remember right, sco is financial analyst
    You remember wrong. He quit that job to focus on WoW and streaming.

And there's financial analysts and financial analysts. The title doesn't tell us much at all. Who did he work for? What was his field of expertise? Which branch did he work for and who were his clients?

Deleted
    US 2 days and still behind? EU master race

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    The timeline was pretty funny on that, within weeks of Sco's announcement Serenity was born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Also DT 3-healed it and burned it down in 1 phase, looks like that's the easiest way to kill the boss
    Don't mind the paladin beating the hunter on boss dps, he is holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

And there's financial analysts and financial analysts. The title doesn't tell us much at all. Who did he work for? What was his field of expertise? Which branch did he work for and who were his clients?
    he worked at General Electric, REALLY big US corporation, also sco has 2 degrees

After all that method/serenity drama and the "omgz method best guild evar fuk paragon" that was wod, gonna be real pumped if mother Russia takes this one.

Otherwise rooting for limit, and for bozzleprogress to DQ all the euroguilds on account of them being...euro.

Is it wrong that i think the WF race has devolved into nothing but a nation bashing cesspool? Who cares where the top guilds are from? Alot of these guilds have players from all over the world. I don't understand why any of this matters. You can't be "born good at wow" just like you can't be "born good at starcraft". It's all due to the culture surrounding the raiding guilds. Im sure atleast a few us players play on top eu guilds. stop complaining.

But sure keep talking about how you had it sooo much harder because of external factors while EU guilds did not. The fact is that Blood Legion will always be seen as a joke in the raiding scene, and no matter how many excuses you make up that ain't gonna change

I'll spell it out in plain English for you then. I can translate to any language including Hieroglyphics if that makes you happier.

Blood Legion was NOT a world 1st guild. We ALWAYS trailed behind Method. A large part of that was purely skill. Method is and was always better than BL. As was Paragon. As was original Premonition (until they died). I'm not disputing the schematics specifically behind why Blood Legion did poorly, I'm bringing perspective to the NA raiding scene as a whole.

Roster turnover played a role in why BL underperformed and never truly saw World 1st, but I'm not blaming that as the entire reason we didn't perform well. I was by far NOT one of the best healers on roster, and I'd argue I always floated near the bottom as far as mechanics had been concerned. Raid leading was significantly lacking. Strategies came from other people such as Truefire, and Riggnaros would shut it down until 20 pulls later when everyone would cry and then Riggnaros would try and paint it like his strategy (as an example). Meanwhile he was screaming bloody murder at people -- I don't know how you raid but when he started yelling I'd literally tune everything out that was going on because it wasn't worth the effort to deal with a full-sized adult man-child. But we had no alternative but to deal with it, or just not be in a good US ranked guild. I realize this, you realize this. Lets talk about the schematics, and not focus on a guild that hasn't been around for a full expansion now. Should point out this is purely my opinion. I respect the BL guys, and CHARLES is a pretty solid dude. Hated him as a raid leader though.

Since you're so hard-set on shit talking Blood Legion, we still did significantly better than you ever will with this game. So, I don't really get your point behind shit talking other than to troll. Therefore, you are a troll. Varying opinion is fine, taking shots at something you'll never even be able to compete with is just downright hilarious.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2016-09-28 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    After all that method/serenity drama and the "omgz method best guild evar fuk paragon" that was wod, gonna be real pumped if mother Russia takes this one.

Otherwise rooting for limit, and for bozzleprogress to DQ all the euroguilds on account of them being...euro.
    I'm actually down for MotherRussia to take the gold for real though!! The reason: because they never have <3

Kick ass boiz and grilz!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is it wrong that i think the WF race has devolved into nothing but a nation bashing cesspool? Who cares where the top guilds are from? Alot of these guilds have players from all over the world. I don't understand why any of this matters. You can't be "born good at wow" just like you can't be "born good at starcraft". It's all due to the culture surrounding the raiding guilds.

Its always been regions against regions. In every single MMO. I guess it makes people feel fuzzy and good if their region wins for whatever reason. You get used to the sillyness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nea View Post
    When you take the best guild in the world and split them into two, you're left with two inferior guilds. The old method would've smoked both Serenity and the new Method imo.
    Except ~20 people leaving 4 behind isn't a split. The usual member turnover after each tier is bigger than that.

I'd be down to see a less known guild take world first. Would be really interesting. Glad there's a lot more competition than people thought though. It's not just serenity now.

"Troll troll troll"

You know just because some disagrees with you that doesn't make them a troll, right?

Paragon did not maintain "virtually the same roster", that's rubbish. Hell, that's even why they were forced to go 10-man in MoP, because they simply couldn't maintain a 25-man roster of good players. Meanwhile, Blood Legion actually DID manage to maintain 25+ players. Hmm...

If I'm agreeing with Affiniti and you're on the other side of the argument, you should realize you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I'd be down to see a less known guild take world first. Would be really interesting. Glad there's a lot more competition than people thought though. It's not just serenity now.
    are we really gonna call exorsus a "less known" guild? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    If I'm agreeing with Affiniti and you're on the other side of the argument, you should realize you're wrong.
    I can't even right now ROFL

Since you're so hard-set on shit talking Blood Legion, we still did significantly better than you ever will with this game. So, I don't really get your point behind shit talking other than to troll. Therefore, you are a troll. Varying opinion is fine, taking shots at something you'll never even be able to compete with is just downright hilarious.
    Chill man, this dude has a family.

For his sake, I hope this ends his trolling career, hopefully he can move on to another more successful one, or live off the government in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    are we really gonna call exorsus a "less known" guild? lol
    Ehh not really but the amount of "This race is literally just serenity" seems to show that it is. Obviously new method and old method are well known but it's definitely a lesser known guild. Maybe not though. Either way, id love to see them win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'll spell it out in plain English for you then. I can translate to any language including Hieroglyphics if that makes you happier.

Blood Legion was NOT a world 1st guild. We ALWAYS trailed behind Method. A large part of that was purely skill. Method is and was always better than BL. As was Paragon. As was original Premonition (until they died). I'm not disputing the schematics specifically behind why Blood Legion did poorly, I'm bringing perspective to the NA raiding scene as a whole.

Roster turnover played a role in why BL underperformed and never truly saw World 1st, but I'm not blaming that as the entire reason we didn't perform well. I was by far NOT one of the best healers on roster, and I'd argue I always floated near the bottom as far as mechanics had been concerned. Raid leading was significantly lacking. Strategies came from other people such as Truefire, and Riggnaros would shut it down until 20 pulls later when everyone would cry and then Riggnaros would try and paint it like his strategy (as an example). Meanwhile he was screaming bloody murder at people -- I don't know how you raid but when he started yelling I'd literally tune everything out that was going on because it wasn't worth the effort to deal with a full-sized adult man-child. But we had no alternative but to deal with it, or just not be in a good US ranked guild. I realize this, you realize this. Lets talk about the schematics, and not focus on a guild that hasn't been around for a full expansion now.

To be honest, you guys were the best NA/US guild we've ever had. I'm sorry it turned out the way it did, and I'm happy you guys still look through the forums here <3

BigUP to you guys that are still around - you all kicked some serious ass

Deleted

Roster turnover played a role in why BL underperformed and never truly saw World 1st, but I'm not blaming that as the entire reason we didn't perform well. I was by far NOT one of the best healers on roster, and I'd argue I always floated near the bottom as far as mechanics had been concerned. Raid leading was significantly lacking. Strategies came from other people such as Truefire, and Riggnaros would shut it down until 20 pulls later when everyone would cry and then Riggnaros would try and paint it like his strategy (as an example). Meanwhile he was screaming bloody murder at people -- I don't know how you raid but when he started yelling I'd literally tune everything out that was going on because it wasn't worth the effort to deal with a full-sized adult man-child. But we had no alternative but to deal with it, or just not be in a good US ranked guild. I realize this, you realize this. Lets talk about the schematics, and not focus on a guild that hasn't been around for a full expansion now.

And I'll respond to you in plain English.

If you think you were the only guild struggling with roster issues and if you think you struggled more with a viable roster than Paragon, then you are simply very stupid

Ah, the old "if you haven't done it yourself you can't talk" fallacy! Just like you need to be a professional football player to know that USA is significantly worse than Germany in football, am I right?