Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Only recruiting raiders who could speak Finnish, Swedish, or whatever it was instead of a universal language like English is a problem created by Paragon and Paragon only.
    Surprise surprise it lets them get the best players ever who only speak Finnish. Less competition among the guilds for the best Finnish speaking players. Whereas the eu guilds and American players have more guild options.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I have hard time understanding why does EU have much more successful guilds when it comes to high end raiding?
    US gets 1 day headstart and still falls behind almost immediately as EU raids are released. It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, there are usually a few US guilds in the high end race so people DO care about trying to be world #1, but still, what's the problem? The lack of real dedicated playerbase on US realms?
    I have a hard time understanding people who can't read a thread where someone explained some of the reasons.

I know it changes a lot but I feel like Exo has a really good advantage here. They can get a lot more pulls in on Xavius and perfect their strat before other guilds even get there. I'm still voting for Midwinter though as usual.

finland ranks first in the world in education

its pretty obvious why paragon was world first for so long

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Ew, Russians leading the race :x Probably cheating.

I have a feeling I will wake up tomorrow to a dead Xavius lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Putin doesnt cheat

reality bends over to accomodate him

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I know it changes a lot but I feel like Exo has a really good advantage here. They can get a lot more pulls in on Xavius and perfect their strat before other guilds even get there. I'm still voting for Midwinter though as usual.
    Getting to the end boss first always has it's advantages, but the one thing I DON'T miss about pushing for world firsts was getting to a boss first and watching Blizzard hotfix values like CRAZY mid pull. You end up wasting a lot of time boss-testing a fight on live than you would think. It's pretty mentally draining. Still advantageous obviously, but yeah it's wild.

Getting there first also allows you do to borderline-exploity stuff like Blood Legion did on Grand Empress...

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Not likely. Blizzard will likely over-buff it ala Spine of Deathwing in fear of it being cleared too rapidly. Generally speaking they are okay with 1-2 guilds full clearing the final day of the first week, with your 3-5 coming in middle of week two. But if they get too close to a kill too early, blizz will likely already be mid-hotfix buffing the fight.

They really didn't factor how much gear people would have access to. Legendaries etc.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2016-09-28 at 11:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Unless Xavius is tuned low enough to not require heroic clears (or a massive fuck-up on Cenarius by everyone else and/or the Exorsus Cenarius kill being an outstanding performance), the only true advantage Exorsus has at this stage is that they can discover whatever extra mechanics Xavius has, and use that info to funnel gear to the right classes/people on the heroic clears they didn't do yet. It's only worrying for Serenity if they don't have Cenarius down tonight, but I'm sure they will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Putin doesnt cheat

reality bends over to accomodate him
    Like Starym said on the Method site it is alittle disheartening to see the raid almost cleared in 1 day. but hopefully Nighthold wont be cleared as fast.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, 6/7M second day. I think Blizzard made a massive mistake with opening Mythic 5 mans before raids. If everyone had been in Heroic 5 man gear, this would have taken much longer. Now, with all the keystone boosties/endless whatever during week 1, and all that 840+ loot before that... it's significantly easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Like Starym said on the Method site it is alittle disheartening to see the raid almost cleared in 1 day. but hopefully Nighthold wont be cleared as fast.
    what else did people expect with this mythic + shit ?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Must be an obamaite/clintonite to be this dense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Only recruiting raiders who could speak Finnish, Swedish, or whatever it was instead of a universal language like English is a problem created by Paragon and Paragon only.
    Did you consider the possibility that their Finnish only policy was part of the reason what made them succesful in the first place, because communication in your native language is easier?

There is a reason most of the best pro e-sports teams aren't international.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Holy shit, 6/7M second day. I think Blizzard made a massive mistake with opening Mythic 5 mans before raids. If everyone had been in Heroic 5 man gear, this would have taken much longer. Now, with all the keystone boosties/endless whatever during week 1, and all that 840+ loot before that... it's significantly easier.
    Also probably why blizzard doesnt give rewards/achievements for world first. They dont care about the race itself

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    "muh culture"
    "muh work"
    "muh lack of roster flexibility"

LMAO is all I can say.
    Blood Legion making up shit excuses, just face the fact: you got outplayed every single tier by EU guilds because you were simply worse (and had one of the worst raid leaders this game has ever seen, but that's another topic).

Seriously, you think US guilds were unique with having to changing out players? You think you had bigger roster issues than a fucking FINNISH GUILD? What a joke
    Spoken like someone who clearly doesn't understand the US working culture and how little vacation time most people don't get here. It's pretty clear why most esports players are young and from the east like another poster here said or if they're from EU countries that have set vacation time across the board. But please continue acting like an uneducated twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Stop making excuses for NA guilds, even before when vodka etc played, EU always dominated. Just EU are better players, end of it.
    That comment is the absolute pinnacle of stupidity. If you are trolling then well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Also probably why blizzard doesnt give rewards/achievements for world first. They dont care about the race itself
    They will just need to tune Nighthold accordingly, but who knows Xavius could be a wall until whoever kills it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Unless I'm misremembering, the last time a boss survived a lockout was simply due to it being ridiculously overtuned. For the last few years raiders have been talented enough to be able to kill any boss in a week. The last one that survived a week in a short raid (<8 bosses) was Twins in ToT because they had about 30% too much hp to kill before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    what else did people expect with this mythic + shit ?
    Mythic+ is fun and awesome. Sorry your crazy broken brain cant understand it because of some race you have no skin in. If they clear mythic in a day it just means you all will clear it that much quicker and the next raid is out in January. So plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Who is going to be the first one to get temp suspensions or bans for exploiting some missed bug & what will that bug be?
    Way easy to someone here get banned for harassment or trolling than in game lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Actually, its the first day on EU.
    Second for us only.

So yeah, 6/7 in less than 24hours... Xavius probably down tomorrow

Most of Eu is done for today.. 2 AM here. Wanna see Xavius dead tomorrow!