Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You read just the title didn't you?
    I quoted the end of the article. Lol. Maybe you should read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How do you know the percentage of people with 2+ should be even lower? Do you have the pre fix data to compare it to?
    Because they said that legendary items were dropping more often than intented for those who already got 1, so if the "fix" worked as intented, it should've made the drop rate lower for those people. Fixed or not, the numbers on poll seem to be close to what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Because they said that legendary items were dropping more often than intented for those who already got 1, so the "fix" should've made the drop rate lower for those people.
    right and how do you judge if it is lower or higher than it should be without pre-fix data?

They said they lowered the droprate to what it should be: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/766583-legendaries/

Until there's any "real hardcold evidence" I just have to take their word on it. The nature of RNG is that someone always get much more lucky than others, that's why only proper statistics (or access to blizz code) can prove a bug.

They said they lowered the droprate to what it should be: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/766583-legendaries/

Until there's any "real hardcold evidence" I just have to take their word on it. The nature of RNG is that someone always get much more lucky than others, that's why only proper statistics (or access to blizz code) can prove a bug.
    The point of the amount of these threads is to show there may be something still wrong -another bug. To quote the common joke in my guild "They fixed getting a 2nd legendary quickly after your first, but not getting a third legendary after your 2nd"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I think everyone is aware of the blue post, hence the thread discussing if the fix actually worked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, 2 legendaries dropped in the raid for my guild last night. So i guess its doing something. Though somehow the people that started the characters a bit later in the expansion got them and not the people that have been grinding from day 1. Like myself...but well...maybe someday...maybe.../cries

It's worth mentioning Legion in general has very strong catchup design - almost ridiculous to a point that it's not unrealistic to assume any form of pity timer is based on a global variable rather than any actual effort on the players part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemyhlol View Post
    Random = chaotic; unpredictable, without pattern.

We know why gene mutation happens but can't predict it.

We know why background radiation exists but can't predict it.

That's random.
    Except being unable to predict something tends to come from a lack of understanding. Odds are there is a consistency to these processes, we just haven't found the pattern.

That sequence of numbers when you recognize the pattern to it makes absolute sense what the next number will be, however many will not catch the pattern and assume it's increasing numbers so the next number could be anything higher than 55 but random as all hell. Though anyone knowing the pattern will tell you without a doubt it's 89.

Maybe that's a bad example, look at the difference between doing math or any calculation when you know the process vs not knowing the process. This is the same thing with your mentioned examples. They are not truly unpredictable, just merely we haven't found the necessary pattern.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think what people fail to understand that are coming in here telling people that they don't understand how RNG works aren't understanding that WE GET IT, we understand how RNG works. We have all been subjected more and more to it since the abomination that is Personal loot was introduced.

What you are not comprehending is that THIS SYSTEM SUCKS AND FEELS HIGHLY UNBALANCED AND UNFAIR.

You cannot honestly sit there and say that you feel good about running 100+ dungeons and not getting that one thing you are looking for and then some chuckle head comes along on his 4th alt and gets one on his first 110 dungeon. You are honestly going to sit there and tell us that that feels like a good system, that it feels balanced and that the only reason we feel jilted by it is because we don't understand RNG.

I think you need to take a serious look at your life choices then if this system feels good to you because it straight up blows. I am currently pushing my 3rd 110 into the 840+ range having done god knows how many heroics/mythics and various other activities that are supposedly supposed to reward legendary items and NOT SEEN 1 across 3 toons.

Blizzard needs to do something about it because this system IS broken.

Why so many people just say RNG is RNG, when clearly there are SEVERAL TYPES OF "RNG" and Blizzard is famous for USING PSEUDO-RNGS to prevent bad luck.

And now,nobody here knows or saw the code that blizz implemented to give Legendaries, and with that, and knowing that blizz tends to use pseudo-rngs, it is very possible that instead of increasing the chance that a player who didnt get a legendary, someone messed the code and made it to decrease a chance to player get legendary, or simply messed up everything.

Until someone shows the code, or some real data, we cant deny that blizz couldnt fix the issue.

Pretty much every computer RNG is some kind of "pseudo" RNG, but for the purposes of loot distribution, it's not hard to make a code that gives enough randomized results. But the problem isn't that their RNG doesn't work, the problem is more that their RNG works "too well", and people don't like RNG.

Whether this is fair system or not, is another discussion.

PS. for someone who wants more realistic data, you can look up from wowprogress random characters around ilvl 855, at this ilvl nearly 50% already got legendary, but if you go check their activity feed from armory, almost nobody got 2nd legendary in last 7-10 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berti View Post
    See, it is stuff like this. There is a huge difference between "I saw this guy get 2 legendaries the other day" and "It seems that almost everyone with at least 1 legendary is getting their second and third extremely quickly". Same thing happened multiple times in our guild, and RNG simply doesn't consistently work that way. There are WAAAAAAY too many occurences of people having more than 1 legendary compared to the amount of people with 0 legendaries. RNG is RNG, but it is very hard for me to believe they fixed this issue correctly.

We had a 6 day period where nobody in my guild recieved a legendary and when someone finally got 1 it was someone who already had one...

I got my first legendary on the third day of the expansion, and I just got my second one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah this is what you guys said last time. We literally can't be too sure anymore.
    Last time it was RNG as well. It just happened that the odds were altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Berti View Post
    So some guy got legendary on his 51st run and then also on 52nd? That's like 2% odds to happen. It's bound to happen to 1000's of people, then those people post this stuff online and people think it's happening everywhere, but 2% is still 2%.

See http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...probabilities/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Last time it was RNG as well. It just happened that the odds were altered.
    Ah come on, you guys can do better than that. Don't say it's all RNG when one guy rolls a dice with over a thousand sides, while the other one rolls one with ten. Yes both are RNG but both are fundamentally difference and the chances are hugely lopsided. Worse so far ALL evidence point towards this NOT BEING FIXED and that it's still the case.

Many people who receive one legendary receive several more in short orders, other who receive them already have one. This is statistically extremly unlikely, especially as it keeps happening over and over again.

So some guy got legendary on his 51st run and then also on 52nd? That's like 2% odds to happen. It's bound to happen to 1000's of people, then those people post this stuff online and people think it's happening everywhere, but 2% is still 2%.

See http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...probabilities/
    The one here who doesn't understand probabilities appears to be you. Especially as the one you give is completely off. The chance for a drop is a fixed percentage, let's say 0,1%. This means the dice you roll has 1000 sides. Now this means that in general you have a chance of 1:1000 to actually get the outcome you want. These rolls however aren't completely removed from one another. Thus the more often you roll the dice the higher the likelihood of this event occuring is.

This works the other way around aswell. Let's say you throw a coin. Initial likelihood of getting either side is 50/50. Next throw, while both sides are equally as likely to turn up the proability of getting the same side two times in a row is only about 25%. It rapidly declines from there. Thus people over and over and over and over again getting two to three legendaries in short order, or getting their second and third legendaries before the vast mayority of characters has ever even gotten a single one is VERY VERY VERY unlikely. Which makes the conclusion that the bug is still active and kicking pretty damn likely.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-29 at 01:41 AM.

Obviously not random, I have proof! I decided to do one last set of WQ for the kirin tor before my game time ran out. Expires in 30mins...10... hand in with 5 to go, and legendary bracers. Had to have been blizz trying to bribe me into resubbing (although I did hear an ethereal mocking laughter in my room). Should come in handy when I return in 7.3.