Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Also: HASTE HASTE HASTE!!!!!. I went out and fixed all the stat weights for gear for both demo and destro. My demo single target sustained with about 10% more haste than I did prior to the shuffling (23% to now 31%) went up about 100k from before. You can't stop stacking haste (destro at 30%). If you haven't reached the speed force in haste as demo; you're doing it wrong.
    The annoying thing is that the gear seems biased toward mastery and Vers, esp mastery. I do think that a lot of people are looking just at ilevel and not secondaries - I did some comparisons in Pawn last night and 20 level differences were only 1-4% better (using Icy Veins stat weights) because the lower level pieces had haste. We really really need to look at stats not just level.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Try being a Frost DK
    You're a DK. Frost is a spec. Takes 10 seconds to change spec. Takes days if not weeks to change class. "Aaaah but artifact poweeerrrr" yeah well guess what you have to grind again if you change class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Relax :P It just stuck out to me. And yes, demo isn't doing as well as others, mostly because it is so reliant on not moving at all, especially in a few crucial moments.

I'm just hoping that we get to see some of that semi-permanent demon army stuff on the PTR today. Would be nice to see some of the long term fixes to warlocks, since they (Blizzard) apparently refuse to shed light on what they have planned. I would be much more relaxed about the warlock situation if I had any idea what they have planned for us.
    That would be nice yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    That would be nice yes
    Welp, still no news. I'm still not sure if they have any actual plans to make changes, or if they just don't want to share them with us.

Edit: Seed of Corruption explodes on death now, so that's at least another nice change. Obviously should have been that way always, but they got there eventually.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-09-29 at 12:23 AM.

It boils down to an equation:

(Spec * gear * player) * fight mechanics = performance.

Now just like mathing out mechanics or spells it's pretty easy based on all the posts both positive and negative. Run that equation for any lock spec vs the top performers. All things equal locks are under tuned for the meta game. We suffer higher mechanical penalties than our peers and our numbers don't compensate when mechanics work in our favor (as generally everyone improves with favorable mechanics). The player can always be better or worse and we all hopefully try to get better. If we didn't care NONE of us would be here! With separate pvp templates that card/excuse no longer plays whatsoever. Based on that model lock players have a couple options:

1. Play with lesser players thus being a "big fish in a small pond". Fun is subjective but if it's about beating your mates then this is an option.

2. Play with a guild that matches your skill and understand you can only really compete against yourself and other locks who also struggle on. Fun here is subjective...you will probably see more content but you will be the first to get cut. Be prepared to re-roll or maintain a raid ready alt.

3. Play what you enjoy, take nothing seriously for awhile, and either play uber casual or quit. Wow isn't the only thing...

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Guess you missed the part where they reverted the nerfs.
    They didn't revert all, logs tell the story anyway

The best part about new hotfixes is that yesterday some rogues pointed out that they cannot use shadow dance in hunter flare and bam after 24h fix deployed. Warlocks report bug with Sweet souls trait for more than 3 months and it still not fixed, they just ignore it. And some people expect that Blizzard will fix affliction sorry state, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yes, the buffs are enough.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10

Go home.

I'm really getting the feeling that anything short of topping DPS meters every single fight means to a lot of warlocks that they're terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    I'm really getting the feeling that anything short of topping DPS meters every single fight means to a lot of warlocks that they're terrible.
    Wait. Did I miss something? Are Warlocks currently topping out any fights at all?

I haven't seen anyone say they want to top out all fights, but I have seen quite a few people who don't want to be in the bottom third.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post

Go home.
    Demo is 6 and Destruction is 14. That isn't terribly bad, but balance could be better. Just take a look at DKs.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2016-09-29 at 01:57 AM.

I know this is only normal mode but look
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0739904/latest

There's not a lot of room for improvement on the fights outside of xavius (was a pug that downed him and it was messy)

The numbers are really low compared to the top parses of like every other class.

Even on Il'gynoth where I'm on a top 10 parse it's only 290k while MM/WW/Havoc/Anythign else is doing 350k+

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think it is mostly that the other classes ontop needs nerfs.

Deleted

Go home.
    Except these are from mythic only so not only is the sample size small extremely small (100 parses lol) but they are also skewed. It only shows information from 4 bosses. Ursoc, Nythendra and Renferal are the fights demo does best on. Same with Destruction and Dragons.

These rankings are very unreliable and inflated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazvha View Post
    Except these are from mythic only so not only is the sample size small extremely small (100 parses lol) but they are also skewed. It only shows information from 4 bosses. Ursoc, Nythendra and Renferal are the fights demo does best on. Same with Destruction and Dragons.

These rankings are very unreliable and inflated.
    Exactly !

What Farron69 posted is definitively not reliable data (at the moment, because so few guilds did mythic. It may change in a few weeks though).

Also I still feel Wreak Havoc is a nice talent, but somewhat skews the data for destruction. Too much of a niche talent that makes us viable in 1-2 fights but is useless for many others.

Go home.
    I'm reluctant to come to any sort of conclusion based on a sample size of 28 (demo) and 16 (destro).

Before Warlocks are in an acceptable spot on rankings --> LOOK AT THESE RANKINGS WARLOCKS SUCK!!
    After buffs and Warlocks are represented decently in rankings --> THEY DONT MEAN ANYTHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Before Warlocks are in an acceptable spot on rankings --> LOOK AT THESE RANKINGS WARLOCKS SUCK!!
    After buffs and Warlocks are represented decently in rankings --> THEY DONT MEAN ANYTHING!!
    If you bothered to check the logs, you'd see that demo is only represented in 3 bosses. That's right, there are only mythic logs for Ursoc, Nythendra and Elerethe. Two of those fights have always been 'ok' for demo, so I'm not really sure what your point is. That demo is (and was) doing well on pure single target fights? Well, congratulations.

Too bad no one was arguing that.

Don't bother replying. It's the last time I spend time reading your posts.

Go home.
    There's barely any data in there. Like, there isn't even any spec with a 100 parses. Also, where is Affliction ?

http://i.imgur.com/1BW3cwK.png
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-09-29 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinj View Post
    If you bothered to check the logs, you'd see that demo is only represented in 3 bosses. That's right, there are only mythic logs for Ursoc, Nythendra and Elerethe. Two of those fights have always been 'ok' for demo, so I'm not really sure what your point is. That demo is (and was) doing well on pure single target fights? Well, congratulations.

Too bad no one was arguing that.

Don't bother replying. It's the last time I spend time reading your posts.
    You mean a Warlock spec is doing okay and I can't use it to strengthen my doom and gloom position? BETTER IGNORE IT ALL TOGETHER AND ACT LIKE IT ISN'T BIAS TO LEAVE IT OUT!1!

- -

Mythic Nyth down tonight. Ended at 248k as RB/RE/GServ Destro.

Played pretty shitty towards the end preserving cooldowns/second pot because I thought I'd be getting MC'd a lot sooner. Only got like half the duration of each. Forgot to Grimoire: Imp enough, too. Will definitely do much better next week but.. kill is a kill!