Deleted

My first Gaming PC - build request

I plan on getting myself a new PC, because my current laptop is quite the toaster. There are a lot of games, which aren't that demanding at all, but which it can't run nevertheless. Just to show you how terrible my laptop is, here are some of its specifications:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7500G
    CPU: AMD A6-4455M APU
    RAM: 8GB

Btw, I don't have any kind of knowledge about computer hardware. To find out, if my laptop meets the requirements for a game, I usually use a "can I run it" website, as I'm unable to judge whether the parts listed in the requirements are superior to my laptop's interior or not.

Regarding the budget, I have ca. 1100 € available by now, of which I'll have to pay the PC, peripherals, the OS and a new antivirus program, for my current one is often causing quite noticeable performance drops (which has a great influence when your average FPS is somewhere around ten). Maybe you can provide some tips there as well...
    The next time I get pocket money, in a month or so, I could possibly raise the budget to approx. 1200 €, depending on how much influence the additional 100 € will have...

To improve the gaming experience on my laptop at least a little bit, I bought an asus S240HLbid screen and a Speedlink Kudos Z-9 Mouse some time ago, but I don't know whether these are sufficient as gaming peripherals for the new PC, or if I shall buy new ones. Apart from the two mentioned objects, I don't own any other peripherals since I'm still mostly using the laptop integrated components.

Concerning the games I want to play, I haven't quite decided yet. At the moment, I rather look into a variety games, to determine which MMO I want to invest my time in. I'm also watching gaming review channels (e.g. TheLazyPeon, TheHiveLeader, The Orange Hatter, ...) in order not to have to download every MMO out there and try 'em all by myself. But, unfortunately, the most promising ones are to challenging for my laptop. Therefore, there are many games I can't give a try.
    But to give you a rough idea of what I would be interested in, I'll list you the games I wanna check out:
    GW2, Star Citizen, FFXIV, Revelation Online, Wildstar, Pantheon Rise of the fallen, WoW, Crowfall, Tree of Savior, SWTOR, Forsaken Ledgends, Rift and propably some others I forgot to mention here. There are also several interesting offline game series which I would like to play (e.g. Assassins Creed, Final Fantasy, ...).

In the read me thread about what information to provide whan requesting a computer build, there was also asked for other special activities I use my computer for. As much as I would be interested in learning video rendering or animation, it is extremely unlikely that I'll find time to do so. Therefore, you won't have to take that in concern. Here and then, I try some music composing, but I didn't get very far with that either.
    What I spend the biggest amount of time in front of my PC, beside gaming, is to watch videos, or even more, listen to music. Often, I turn off the ingame music and instead listen to other orchestral scores while playing. Maybe I'll buy a surround-sound system for that later on... Maybe...

Now, I think the only thing I haven't mentioned yet is where I live, to enable you to calculate the taxes. So at the moment I live in Germany and it's likely for me to stay here for the foreseeable future - though I would like to travel the world someday...
    As I've already mentioned nationality, it seems to me the correct timing to apologise for any bad english that propably occured. I'm far away from spending enough time on improving my english skills...

I hope this was enough information from my side. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Hello there, trying to help you with a build. Couple of questions:
    1) What is your stance on building it yourself? As I understand it will be your first build, so are you confident about yourself with the help of some interwebs experts or does it have to be another point in your spending list?
    2) You mentioned music composing, do you have any requirements regarding headphones/headsets and dedicated soundcards?

My advice on your peripherals would be wait and see. You obviously need a keyboard but other than that I recommend putting your build into action first to have a better understanding of your needs.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    First of all: Thanks for reading through the text wall above. Thumbs Up.

Now let's approach your questions:

You're correct about this being my first build. Because of that, I informed myself about how difficult it would be to assemble a PC. Although, it seemed to be relatively feasible, in the end I decided not to take the risk of damaging any parts in the process. So, I've looked for, and already found a shop in my hometown, which provides an PC assembling service. Since I knew how much the shop will charge me before I wrote my request, the budget I gave above has the price for the service already subtracted. Therefore, you don't have to care about it anymore. Sorry I forgot to mention this in the first place.

In fact I once tried to install a high quality composing program, but it somehow didn't work out - I still don't know what the problem was. The free programs I currently use have such a low quality output, that, at least in my opinion, it isn't worth any special audio equipment. It could happen, that the soundcard will be required to support an surround-sound system, as I think about purchasing one later on. But I could easily go without this capability, if it would lower my budget too much.

As for the peripherals, I'll just rely on your knowledge.

I hope my answers were understandable and satisfying. Of course you are free to ask any further questions, if you wish to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayn View Post
    First of all: Thanks for reading through the text wall above. Thumbs Up.

Now let's approach your questions:

You're correct about this being my first build. Because of that, I informed myself about how difficult it would be to assemble a PC. Although, it seemed to be relatively feasible, in the end I decided not to take the risk of damaging any parts in the process. So, I've looked for, and already found a shop in my hometown, which provides an PC assembling service. Since I knew how much the shop will charge me before I wrote my request, the budget I gave above has the price for the service already subtracted. Therefore, you don't have to care about it anymore. Sorry I forgot to mention this in the first place.

In fact I once tried to install a high quality composing program, but it somehow didn't work out - I still don't know what the problem was. The free programs I currently use have such a low quality output, that, at least in my opinion, it isn't worth any special audio equipment. It could happen, that the soundcard will be required to support an surround-sound system, as I think about purchasing one later on. But I could easily go without this capability, if it would lower my budget too much.

As for the peripherals, I'll just rely on your knowledge.

I hope my answers were understandable and satisfying. Of course you are free to ask any further questions, if you wish to.
    So if I'm understanding correctly this shop will assemble a PC with your parts, which we aim to choose here, right?

- - - Updated - - -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€202.88 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 200 37.2 CFM CPU Cooler (€24.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€52.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€71.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€64.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.93 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (€446.31 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€52.63 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€63.26 @ Mindfactory)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse (€44.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Other: Windows 10 - Kinguin.net (€24.99)
    Total: €1102.47
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-17 05:24 CEST+0200
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    I think I should apologize for my sudden absence.
    I really thought to have WLAN access on my class trip. Technically, there was free WLAN - but for some reasons only Windows phones were able to use it.
    So I couldn't answer your question until now.

Btw, on the trip I found out that one of my classmates has quite some experience in assembling Gaming Computers. So I think I can keep the 100 €, the shop would have charged, and add them to the budget.
    In addition, other circumstances (specifically an unexpected birthday present), caused an further increase of my budget up to 1500€ altogether and could even slightly surpass this amount if needed. Don't know if this changes something - just wanted to mention it...

Because of other recent developments it seems that I won't have LAN for a (longer) while and will have to resort to WLAN, so maybe a WLAN card or something like that could be necessary...

I hope, you're not offended by the lack of a response last week. Sorry again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tayn View Post
    I think I should apologize for my sudden absence.
    I really thought to have WLAN access on my class trip. Technically, there was free WLAN - but for some reasons only Windows phones were able to use it.
    So I couldn't answer your question until now.

Btw, on the trip I found out that one of my classmates has quite some experience in assembling Gaming Computers. So I think I can keep the 100 €, the shop would have charged, and add them to the budget.
    In addition, other circumstances (specifically an unexpected birthday present), caused an further increase of my budget up to 1500€ altogether and could even slightly surpass this amount if needed. Don't know if this changes something - just wanted to mention it...

Because of other recent developments it seems that I won't have LAN for a (longer) while and will have to resort to WLAN, so maybe a WLAN card or something like that could be necessary...

I hope, you're not offended by the lack of a response last week. Sorry again...
    Not much, little changes due to price fluctuations and increasing quality a little bit, also adding a headset.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor (€190.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€30.79 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€66.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€71.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€72.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.87 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 8GB JetStream Video Card (€446.94 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case (€73.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€63.51 @ Mindfactory)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (€30.48 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse (€44.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset (€72.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1243.09
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-27 23:05 CEST+0200
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2016-09-27 at 09:05 PM.

I would get a 15€ headset and a good keyboard/mouse over the HyperX and CM keyboard. But that's just my opinion

Deleted
    I changed Thunderalls build to fit a bit more high end components.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor (€190.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€30.79 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€105.46 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€159.88 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 8GB JetStream Video Card (€446.94 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case (€73.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€97.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (€30.48 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset (€72.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1350.16
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-28 14:53 CEST+0200

- Bigger SSD, but I dropped the HDD. If you think you would need more space, get the HDD as well. This could also be put in at a later date.
    - Different motherboard. I picked a H170, but a B150 should be fine as well. I picked this above a H110 chipset due to easier upgrading of certain components, such as the RAM. One thing that might also happen with the Mobo from Thunderalls build, the WLAN card might not fit due to the GPU. The GPU is 2.5 slots bigs instead of 2. That might give complications.
    - Higher quality PSU. The XFX is not a bad PSU, but it is getting a bit old. And you have the budget to get a better quality PSU. 550 watt is also more then enough, you could probably even get a 450 watt model.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    - Bigger SSD, but I dropped the HDD. If you think you would need more space, get the HDD as well. This could also be put in at a later date.
    - Different motherboard. I picked a H170, but a B150 should be fine as well. I picked this above a H110 chipset due to easier upgrading of certain components, such as the RAM. One thing that might also happen with the Mobo from Thunderalls build, the WLAN card might not fit due to the GPU. The GPU is 2.5 slots bigs instead of 2. That might give complications.
    - Higher quality PSU. The XFX is not a bad PSU, but it is getting a bit old. And you have the budget to get a better quality PSU. 550 watt is also more then enough, you could probably even get a 450 watt model.
    - Absolute personal preference. Most people would be fine with 120GB SSD on Windows 10, let alone 275.
    - Waste of money. The only possible thing that would make this justified would be a need to run M.2 SSD or Crossfire (you need Z170 for SLI). WLAN card most definetely wont fit into the first PCIe x1 slot but will definetely fit into a second one.
    - Pointless for a non-overclocked system. Getting a good fully modular 80+ Bronze unit would be completely justfied though.