Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrow does mythic+ make raiding pointless?

since the rewards from mythic+ can be so good, why bother raiding? Does this kill off a large reason people want to raid?
    Hi

if you were raiding for nothing but the gear why were you raiding in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    if you were raiding for nothing but the gear why were you raiding in the first place?
    There isn't much else you can raid for but the achievements and mounts?

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Since the next expansion offers better gear why bother playing this one!?

People don't *all* raid for the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    For fun maybe? You know it is a game, you can play games for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    For fun maybe? You know it is a game, you can play games for fun.
    Yes I do but seeing as OP seems only concerned about the gear I was just asking if there was actually anything else worth obtaining for him from Raids.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    It's fun.

/10chars

Deleted
    That's what they wanted with legion: You can do what you want and will not stay far behind in terms of gear.

m+ caps at 865 + titanforged/warforged. Mythic raids is 880 + titan/warforged. mythic raiding is more reliable good loot. plus its also a different kind fun than m+

If anything I find it's BS that you NEED to do mythic raiding to compete in mythic+ dungeons.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Some people play video games for fun

Don't know about you though
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

I don't think it will make raiding pointless, as some folks prefer that to 5 mans. Others might finally find a satisfactory end game experience that doesn't hinge on raiding, and that's a good thing.

If all you care about gear then yes, this first raid might feel useless to you compared to m+, later raids will have tier sets which unless Blizzard fucks up set bonuses will be better than random items you can find from the 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    m+ caps at 865 + titanforged/warforged. Mythic raids is 880 + titan/warforged. mythic raiding is more reliable good loot. plus its also a different kind fun than m+

If anything I find it's BS that you NEED to do mythic raiding to compete in mythic+ dungeons.
    Big difference in raiding and m+ though is that you can spam m+ as much as you want as long as you can get a key for it, m+ level 2 comes to mind where people were/are doing 3-4 of them per hour with 3 chests, even if chances of the 895 titantforged gear is lower than in mythic raiding you are likely to get a few pieces if you spam dungeons like that.

Deleted
    It doesn't make raiding pointless, it does trivialize gearing up for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an alternative to raiding. If you just want gear, Mythic+ is likely better for you (At least until set bonuses).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I raid for the excitement of getting the Mythic kills and Worldoflogs ranks. Loot just helps me do both better

i play with my guild in both raiding and mythic +, both for the gear and the fun to be had with each other.

Does candy make bacon pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    since the rewards from mythic+ can be so good, why bother raiding?
    Even if you are only concerned with gear, the unique raid trinkets and tier set pieces will still only drop from raiding so that is one reason why a gear oriented person would still raid. On top of this there are achievements, mounts, pets, toys, titles, lore/story advancement that happens in raid to experience. Also mythic+ has a 15ilvl lower baseline cap then mythic raids(they both can roll up to 895 but mythic+ needs 3 x 5ilvl roll ups extra)

casual player here and I think that the effort you put into raiding deserves a little better gear compared to keystone dungeons

a keystone dungeon you can get a group in 5 minutes, and get better loot than we currently get in our current EN progress, which takes atleast a 1-2 day announcement/preparation
    Last edited by mannenabo; 2016-09-29 at 11:15 AM.