Is anyone else glad about the execute nerf?

This isn't meant to pointlessly bash on warriors, and this isn't really a whine thread since the decks I play nowadays don't fare too badly against them, but I for one am glad for this nerf.

I love Hearthstone, but I think the way a number of classes were designed (in terms of basic cards, hero powers, etc) made the classes different & had such a gap in a more negative sense. I've never understood why warriors were allowed to swing a game in any stage of the match (early, mid, or late game) simply by axing a dangerous minion for a very negligible one mana. The damaged requirement often doesn't matter as the playstyle of the class easily achieves that naturally. Meanwhile most other classes typically have to spend 3-6 mana to destroy a single enemy minion. While one mana more still won't make that much of a difference in the end or mid game I am glad that at least the gap of power is being closed for some of the original cards of the classes. I personally think it will slowly contribute to a HS that makes it harder to play with automatic easy answers or plays that are instantly recognized as the 'best play'.

What do you guys think about the change?

**As a semi related sidenote I am a little sad about the Yogg change simply because the decks based around it looked fun to me. I get the change and am fine with it and will still end up crafting Yogg anyway
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-09-29 at 01:46 AM.

Deleted
    I didn't really get the nerf to be honest. I understand that it's a powerful card but it wasn't particularly broken. Personally I would've reserved that spot for a card that deserved the nerf a lot more than execute. Thankfully most of the nerfed cards are in fact those that really did deserved it, so at the end of the day I'll still call it a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hardy going to affect control warrior because most of the time they leave excess mana anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I didn't really get the nerf to be honest. I understand that it's a powerful card but it wasn't particularly broken. Personally I would've reserved that spot for a card that deserved the nerf a lot more than execute. Thankfully most of the nerfed cards are in fact those that really did deserved it, so at the end of the day I'll still call it a win.
    More or less this. If a warrior plays smart he will use it anyway late game on a strong target. So it doesnt matter if it s 1 or 2 mana i guess.

The "Charge" nerf came pretty unexpected. I mean those decks where you can OTK with a raging worgen are for sure annoying as hell. But it needs to pull the right cards from the start to allow you to remove all threats the whole game, just to pull of a 2-4 card combo that most likely also neede a thaurassian before. I dont see the difference to other OTK decks, where you get as an example killed by spells and cant even put down a taunt.

Looking at nerfs warriors often seem to have the problem cards (see also warsong xd)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with it. Warriors had too many ways to cheaply remove basically anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    It's hardy going to affect control warrior because most of the time they leave excess mana anyway.
    I agree. I feel like the Execute nerf barely means anything. It's still a strong card and really only affects what you can pull off in the early midgame. Like, ravaging ghoul + execute has to be turn 5 instead of 4. Besides mana 4-7 execute being nerfed is still managable.

Deleted
    It's more a nerf on faster warrior deck, control doesn't really matter much.

Deleted
    I'm surprised execute didn't get nerfed in the days of Death's Bite. As a card execute was designed around the idea of 2 of 1(1 card+ execute for 1 enemy card -). When we moved past that into Blood to Ichor and Ravaging Ghoul, the 2 for 1 became 1 mana execute for 1 card and that was too good.

To me the execute nerf wasnt really that bad. Most of the time the mana did not matter anyway for me.

Its a perfectly acceptable nerf. 2 mana removal is still damn good.

IMO it made very little difference, you normally play execute in the mid to late game if you can. Early executes are a desperation move.

If anything is excessive, it's probably Shield Slam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If anything is excessive, it's probably Shield Slam.
    A match against a Warrior:

"I'll make a big minion! Good thing silence isn't a thing anymore."

>Ravaging Ghoul + Execute.
    >Shield Block, Tank Up, Shield Slam.
    >Sylvannas.

"Errr. That didn't work out all 4 times I tried it...I know, I'll make a wide board that he'll have a hard time dealing with!"

>Revenge + Ravaging.
    >Brawl.

"Well those 4 wide boards didn't work. I know, I'll just have individual threats that are small enough to not need real removal."

>Gorehowl.
    >Fiery War Axe.

"For fuck's sake. Alright I'll just try to beat him in Fatigue or wait until HE does something."

>Elise.
    >Tank up to infinite armor.

"Oh god. Well at least he has no cards to burst me down."

>Grom.

I am, because I feel like it was a surprisingly smart nerf on Blizzard's part. This hits tempo really hard but control almost never cares about paying one more mana for something they'll usually save for something they can't wipe out with a brawl or shield slam.

That being said, more nerfs for a control-based card (even if not a particularly hard nerf for the control decks that use it) doesn't make me happy. I'm slowly losing faith that Blizzard wants a Hearthstone where decision-making matters and random effects aren't just spewed all over cards but have to be weighed for a situation based on their effects and potential outcome and can be somewhat controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    A match against a Warrior:

"I'll make a big minion! Good thing silence isn't a thing anymore."

>Ravaging Ghoul + Execute.
    >Shield Block, Tank Up, Shield Slam.
    >Sylvannas.

"Errr. That didn't work out all 4 times I tried it...I know, I'll make a wide board that he'll have a hard time dealing with!"

>Revenge + Ravaging.
    >Brawl.

"Well those 4 wide boards didn't work. I know, I'll just have individual threats that are small enough to not need real removal."

>Gorehowl.
    >Fiery War Axe.

"For fuck's sake. Alright I'll just try to beat him in Fatigue or wait until HE does something."

>Elise.
    >Tank up to infinite armor.

"Oh god. Well at least he has no cards to burst me down."

>Grom.
    On the plus side everyone seems to be playing Dragon Warrior rather than traditional Control lately. I no longer play around Brawl :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    On the plus side everyone seems to be playing Dragon Warrior rather than traditional Control lately. I no longer play around Brawl :P
    I normally play with my Control or... my tempo warrior. For those zoo-ish decks, I snuck in a brawl. Gets them every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I normally play with my Control or... my tempo warrior. For those zoo-ish decks, I snuck in a brawl. Gets them every time.
    Yeah whenever I play into it I think to myself "I sure hope this prick hasn't snuck in a Brawl just to fuck me here".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I agree. I feel like the Execute nerf barely means anything. It's still a strong card and really only affects what you can pull off in the early midgame. Like, ravaging ghoul + execute has to be turn 5 instead of 4. Besides mana 4-7 execute being nerfed is still managable.
    thankfully, no class can play a 7/7 on turn 4, oh wait...