Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    As a Holy Priest I don't understand that you aren't able to kill me... just stun/interupt and/or force me to move around alot.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Deleted
    Imo, healers houldnt be a part of pvp at all. But since they are, it's just an annoyance we have to deal with.

A healer will die if you lign up CC with at least one other person. and nuke him down within that time. So the only key to killing a healer imo is by communicating clearly with your arena partner. And if you face an OP setup, just lose and hope the next match is better.

Deleted
    Most of the time two DPS can't take down a healer either. In 2v2 we barely ever lose to double DPS as MW/Retri or MW/Arms. Just so many ways to peel off the damage (which is fine) combined with how strong and inexhaustible healers are. Leg sweep, snare, fear, hammer of justice, just bladestorming on top of my healer he's at full HP after like 2 casts, and it's a free win.

What is the OP crying about? disc was nerfed with less atonement, no buffs for pals shamans or mw...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    No, that's boring as shit is having to wait for an entire new round of cooldowns to kill anyone. That's what arena matches over 1 minute are.
    What's also boring is PVE rotationing someone for 5 minutes straight until the healer goes oom.
    Fun is fast quick matches that are decided on twitch reflexes, counter play and proper cooldown usage.

If a match ever lasts long enough for your set of cooldowns to refresh mid match, then the match is far too long and healers are overpowered.
    I agree with the 1 min thing. I just lose interest when matches become kill the healer shit shows. I've had matches go 20 mins and it plain sucks. I don't bother much with arena MMR grind since getting my arena master title, now i just enforce a play only with RL friends who may or may not be good as a way of getting fat loots. If the match goes longer than 3 mins I just quit... Time is important to me and I'll let some unemployed loser get his win if he has the time to spend 20 mins a match.

Deleted
    Healer should not be killed by one DPS.
    But an oom Healer should be killed by one DPS.

There lies the Problem. Healers need in pvp higher manacosts or some classes needs some sort of manaburn.
    (btw the pvp talent Manabreaker is just a joke , only good against arkanmages lol)
    No Healer should survive more than 10min against one DPS.

Deleted
    Mongoloid dps are mongoloids really dmg atm is absurd and still some morons crying about immortal healers? In wod?...ok. Now? L2p

Deleted
    To OP, yes I am happy now.

Since when this cryout about healers in PvP become a thing? Was there i WoD (can't remember because i skipped this xpack) so much whining and QQing about healers in pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Talking unrated BGs here, not Arena's. There's no coordination.
    Lmao you want blizzard to balance after random BGs?

Jesus christ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Talking unrated BGs here, not Arena's. There's no coordination.
    I believe you are looking for RBGs then, if you want co-ordination.

Alternatively, play BGs with a friend and just take down Healers and objectives together?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post

Jesus christ...
    PvP should be balanced around 1v1 honestly.
    The second they started balancing purely around 3v3 the game went into the gutter.
    Low scale pvp against randoms/bgs is much more enjoyable than arenas has ever been for me since CAT. I always preferred 2v2 and 5v5 anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    People, stop bringing numbers from World PvP into this kind of discussion. They are completely irrelevant in instanced PvP.
    This ^ My Ret has insane gear ( 864 iTL - I have 6 warforged 850 pvp epic's on top of everything 850 ) and my JV hits no where near that, Try arena then come back and try again.

Is there a reason heals don't have diminishing returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Maybe because dmg has no DR as well. Also healing has some kind of DR, it's called Dampening, if one didn't reach it yet it means that the balance between dmg and healing is about right.

Picture this scenario: All healing will be reduced in some form or another, that means that time spent playing the game will drop. If you have 1 min prep time for arenas (will not count BGs now), and the game ends in less then a minute you will have a situation where you will wait more for playing the game than actually playing it. This will be very very boring.
    Moving into BGs, you will spend a lot of time in graveyards or running back into the fight, again not fun. Or all BGs will be just zerg balls, limited fun again ( and completely one sided after the initial confrontation ... as regrouping in random BGs is rarely a thing)

Making mana count - now this is a good approach, but one that is very difficult to implement( giving one class, or 2 the Manaburn ability will not fix it, maybe giving all the healers this ability, but at a high mana cost ??? - but even then, you need perfect balance of mana usage between healing specs)

Making mana count - now this is a good approach, but one that is very difficult to implement( giving one class, or 2 the Manaburn ability will not fix it, maybe giving all the healers this ability, but at a high mana cost ??? - but even then, you need perfect balance of mana usage between healing specs)
    I'd say a reduction in mana-regen for healers is a good start. It could take the place of dampening in Arena's, and would have the benefit of working in battlegrounds as well. Like you say though, it would take some effort to get right.

Its funny how some ppl still believe that myth of healers not dealing proper damage vs dps classes. Healers _should_ die to a competent dps, because if they have a couple brain cells and use some dots etc on the dps, a healer will win almost any 1on1 fight vs dps. Especially disc priest. They pretty much wipe the floor with every caster if played properly.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Its funny how some ppl still believe that myth of healers not dealing proper damage vs dps classes. Healers _should_ die to a competent dps, because if they have a couple brain cells and use some dots etc on the dps, a healer will win almost any 1on1 fight vs dps. Especially disc priest. They pretty much wipe the floor with every caster if played properly.
    BAD healers should die to competent single DPS.
    Also if you get killed by a healer, as any dps, you need to learn a little more about the game. Except 1 maybe 2 particular specs (specs, with specific talent choices) no healer can burst down a DPS, and all dps classes have ways to heal. Also, any DPS can run away from a healer.

Good DPS vs good Healer should end with 0 mana / 100% HP for the healer. I did not say one should die and the other not, maybe if the healer is R1 stellar player, he should have a shot at killing the DPS, why not.

Obviously you misunderstood. Healers are supposed to be immortal so bads can pretend they are good just like with every other OP class. They are the FOTM class of PVP, the difference is they only get nerfed at the start of expansions, then they get more impossible to kill. Frankly I'd just remove them from PVP and give everyone else more self healing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait are people honestly complaining about healers in a meta with mongoloid melee teams running amok? Arena legitimately feels like constantly rolling CC's and CD's to keep the enemy double melee in check until your team can secure a kill. If you aren't double melee or melee/mage, you're pretty fucked.

Seriously feels like every team is MW heals combined with DH, Arms, Rogue, Mage, Enhance.

People, stop bringing numbers from World PvP into this kind of discussion. They are completely irrelevant in instanced PvP.
    Aside from "everyone is a winner" stat normalization, the value of pvp participation in instances or world is about the same. Pvp-specific gear is no longer a thing, and you get honor for kills regardless of where they take place. It's actually good in a lot of ways since pvp is now more integrated into the game, but at the same time, I am NOT a fan of stat normalization. Part of the game was optimizing your character stats and they took that away for pvpers in the name of "fairness".

The second they started balancing purely around 3v3 the game went into the gutter.
    Low scale pvp against randoms/bgs is much more enjoyable than arenas has ever been for me since CAT. I always preferred 2v2 and 5v5 anyways.
    If you think tuning around 3v3 is bad, doing so around 1v1 would be exponentially worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post

Jesus christ...
    Tuning, not balance, should apply to all forms of pvp. There really is no difference between instanced, rated, and world pvp anymore aside from the players who choose to participate in each.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    YES! This guy gets it. DR should be a thing with healing. I've posted about this before.

Deleted
    Five minute arenas are 4 minutes too long.
    Arena matches should never last more than a minute long.
    Are you serious, cause I'm not sure anymore lol