Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dks being king of 5 mans should not be news.

Personal skill will always trump fair class balance. Make it work and quit groveling or reroll.
    Last edited by Alorithin; 2016-09-27 at 04:16 PM.

these meaty crits, these animations. Just a feeling, when rogue open on u, and u just cs-op-ms and execute him. Feel just like orgrim doomhammer in movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a FoTM player then no I guess but if you're a true warrior sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Arms very small nerf, Fury buffed a lot

i don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    "pushing" just doesn't mean anything, if you by that mean bursting. And you say DKs have utility in trade of survivability, and it's a fair trade. Doesn't seem that fair to me if prot even before nerf is worse than blood dk for higher tier m+. What matters is how you perform in the end not what you do for easy content or short bursts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/10#metric=ehrps
    http://i.imgur.com/hEr4EG8.png

This is how warrior is performing in raids and basically what they are balancing around. Things is probably different for Mythic 5 man since trash is more important, but you really can't deny warrior sustainability (and just sustainability) is over the top compared to other tanks. This kind of outlier always make content tuning harder.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/10#metric=ehrps
    http://i.imgur.com/hEr4EG8.png

This is how warrior is performing in raids and basically what they are balancing around. Things is probably different for Mythic 5 man since trash is more important, but you really can't deny warrior sustainability (and just sustainability) is over the top compared to other tanks. This kind of outlier always make content tuning harder.
    Well i don't deny that. Prot has been OP in raids.. Arms will get a 2nd round of nerfs now this wednesday. I don't think 2nd round was necessary, since arms only was good on pure ST fights. But while they tune it for raids it gets even worse in 5mans, where utility plays a greater role

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've been unhappy with the constant abuse and stupid design decisions for a while now and have finally just put my Warrior on the bench in favor of my old Rogue main.

I would like to get good at Arms if anyone would be willing to help me? and add me on bnet, please? > Laughterism#1410

I've been performing quite well with Fury in Mythic+ dungeons and since my goal this expansion was to do as well as I can in them I'm happy with my spot. On trash pulls (AKA the most important and hardest part of the dungeon) we bring very strong cleave damage and continue to be a top pick for the best teams.

The game is not exclusively single target DPS.

Prot was too strong in raids but lacks aoe dps/threat for tanking high mythic + especially with skittish compared to other tanks. Fury is basically toilet but arms is still very strong if you have the legendary gloves, ive seen arms pull over 500K+ since nerf on ursoc with those gloves

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms nerfed to the ground. Fury still sucks. Prot also nerfed.

So let's see where will warriors perform well now? Arms is decent in raids still I suppose. Neither spec is viable in m+. Prot just doesnt have the threat capability like the blood dk has. Arms has shockwave(fury also) which is horrible for mob swingtimer and is only good vs casters. other than that they lack everything especially with nerfed FR. Fury is simply not better than any other class on anything.

So any reason to play warrior now if you want to perform well in raids/dungeons?
    What the hell are you even talking about..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoru View Post
    I would like to get good at Arms if anyone would be willing to help me? and add me on bnet, please? > Laughterism#1410
    You press 3 buttons and come out #1 DPS. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorithin View Post
    Chicken little attitudes serve no one. Nerfs were justified. Give people a couple days around the changes and things will be fine.
    Nerfs are NEVER justified the fact that we have become accustomed to and acceptable of being punished for developers mistakes is what makes WoW and other games a whole lot worse than they should be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's fine, then tell me a good reason why anyone would pick a warrior for +7 and above Mythic+
    1) Because dungeons are trivial content and higher mythic+ dungeons will become trivial in a few weeks if they are not already right now.
    2) Massstun on a 20 second cooldown.
    3) The mitigational kit, that allowed us to facetank better and prevents our health from spiking like crazy has not been touched in the patch.
    4) We can bring a unique buff to the group.
    5) High mobility allows us to chainpull faster then other tanks or grab adds/spawns if that is the case.
    6) AoE damage output is still decent and wasn´t touched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

It's hilarious that this complaint was made about one of the most dominant classes in PvE at the moment as a whole (even after the nerfs). Arms has decent aoe, phenomenal single target and excellent target switching potential. In higher mythic+ it is respectable and can easily keep up with the more traditionally dominant classes. Prot remains the best tank for raiding and is definitely viable in high mythic+. Fury is lagging behind a bit now, but towards the mid/end of the expansion will start to scale extremely well.

I cant fathom why such a thread is made and I'm interested to know what goes through OP's mind when they make it.

I understand where OP is coming from Being a long time warrior main myself, I was a little insulted at the sheer severity of the nerfs. The unfortunate fact is that Arms is so laughable, that I get sat on one of the only singletarget burn fights in mythic.
    I'd say it's a matter of poor mechanics or poor gameplay, but this isn't the issue.
    It's just my spec can no longer perform at an acceptable level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astarial View Post
    It's hilarious that this complaint was made about one of the most dominant classes in PvE at the moment as a whole (even after the nerfs). Arms has decent aoe, phenomenal single target and excellent target switching potential. In higher mythic+ it is respectable and can easily keep up with the more traditionally dominant classes. Prot remains the best tank for raiding and is definitely viable in high mythic+. Fury is lagging behind a bit now, but towards the mid/end of the expansion will start to scale extremely well.

I cant fathom why such a thread is made and I'm interested to know what goes through OP's mind when they make it.
    Do you play a warrior pushing mythics?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrosus View Post
    I understand where OP is coming from Being a long time warrior main myself, I was a little insulted at the sheer severity of the nerfs. The unfortunate fact is that Arms is so laughable, that I get sat on one of the only singletarget burn fights in mythic.
    I'd say it's a matter of poor mechanics or poor gameplay, but this isn't the issue.
    It's just my spec can no longer perform at an acceptable level.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you play a warrior pushing mythics?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/
    Yes, poor arms getting nerfed from #1 overall down all the way to the bottom... or well, bottom of top 5 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Nerfs are NEVER justified the fact that we have become accustomed to and acceptable of being punished for developers mistakes is what makes WoW and other games a whole lot worse than they should be.
    So early and I've already read the dumbest thing I'll read today. Geez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarial View Post

Okay not that i agree with the Op on a Basic standpoint (only the highest of raiding guilds will Resort to so heavy stacking you see only rogues cause they are simply better then arms in every way possible) and prot/arms are still viable for raiding.

But decent aoe? everything that is not either ! 2 Targets there tanked together (ss) or up every 3 minutes (bladestorm) is killing you..completly! as arms.

Excellent target switching potential? I dont know what you consider as "not excellent" then..maybe a feral druid, cause that is about the only melee worse in target switching.

Give People a few weeks to understand how unreliable Arms St DPS is, and you will see a decline in logs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Yes, poor arms getting nerfed from #1 overall down all the way to the bottom... or well, bottom of top 5 at least.
    Really "over the last 2 weeks" you judge the effect of nerfs in effect the last 24 hours? nice try!

Well, the new #1 guild Экзорсус seems to like Warrior tanks a lot? Some of those fight with 4 warrior tanks is interesting, unless it recorded the specs wrong. So just reroll Prot and you'll be the talk of the town.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-09-29 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpride View Post
    Really "over the last 2 weeks" you judge the effect of nerfs in effect the last 24 hours? nice try!
    "mythic diffuculty"... How long has mythic been out for now you say?