Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Flawed gearing system, stuck at 845 ilvl

Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).

HOW am I suppose to gear up? Spamming Mythic Dungeon after Mythic Dungeon week after week and praying for a 850 drop doesn't seem like a fun way to progress into the expansion.

I cleared EN with my guild in split run, once they start mythic, those runs stop. I am screwed then, as no group will invite me due to low ilvl AND even if they do, PuGs dont seem to clear more then 1 boss...

What should I do?

Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/

You don't have time to start your own group but you have time to clear the whole EN normal ?

Craft an 850 in your lowest ilvl slot

Not missing out on much with low end M+ pugs anyway, as you'll usually get sidegrades out of it with base 840 ilvl

You don't have the time to start your own groups, but you have the time to apply to groups?

Just start a group with 840+ as req. You'll get tons of people wanting to join, and it'll be smooth enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Craft an 850 in your lowest ilvl slot

Not missing out on much with low end M+ pugs anyway, as you'll usually get sidegrades out of it with base 840 ilvl
    I have 20k gold total in my account, I can't afford anything

Deleted
    I'm currently 846 and i'm capable of M+8, if you can't find a group then try to join or run with a guild, your gear is fine also for EN heroic.

Although on terms of getting more gear, yeah, Blizzard screwed up with the ultra RNG systems for loot. (In my own opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paschlina View Post
    You don't have the time to start your own groups, but you have the time to apply to groups?

Just start a group with 840+ as req. You'll get tons of people wanting to join, and it'll be smooth enough.
    Yes, starting a group takes like one hour. Tried it before, serached 40min for a tank, after I got one, the healer left. Searched another 20min then the tank left. So I gave up.

Finding a group is smooth (in theory), as you can search for those who just need a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system is not flawed. M+2 Dungeons are very easy, just create your own group it doesn't take that long and you wont have any problems with people asking for 850 ilvl.

Edit: You even have people boosting you for free in Mythic +2 just so THEY can have a chance to get gear with your key, I mean it doesn't get any easier. I cleared a Mythic +2 with 800 ilvl on my priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    845 is too low for heroic EN? the raid is less than 10 days old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).
    It's NOT too low. You just need to make your own groups. Just make sure you pull your own weight and players will want to stay with you. Spam Trade/LFR with LFM Mythic+2 Boosting Group - Must be 845-850+ ilvl. Follow this with spam for people to boost through with their key, you will get a handful of players with 810-830'ish ilvl, maybe even some with 850+, aim for 2 chests, 3 is a bonus and you're good to go.

All you need to do is put some time/effort into creating a group and you're good to go. Here's some inspiration. I hit 110 on my Hunter less than a week ago, I'm already 855 ilvl with not a huge amount of luck, just consistency in creating Mythic+ groups and making sure I create all of my own groups for normal Mythics. I aimed for at least 1 other mail user in the group incase they get unwanted loot and all was good. Granted you NEED to pull your own weight otherwise people won't want to play with you, just make sure you understand your class and you can maximize your potential.

Either way, 845 is fine, just don't expect an invite to groups.

(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aurus/advanced - Evidence)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    845 is too low for heroic EN? on the second week?
    From what I hear yes. I haven't seen a single group not asking for 850+. As a melee, it's even harder.

I was invited to a HC group taking 840. We didn't even get first boss to 75% in any of our five tries before we disbanded so...

Deleted
    Yes, starting a group takes like one hour. Tried it before, serached 40min for a tank, after I got one, the healer left. Searched another 20min then the tank left. So I gave up.

Finding a group is smooth (in theory), as you can search for those who just need a DPS.
    What class are you playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's NOT too low. You just need to make your own groups. Just make sure you pull your own weight and players will want to stay with you. Spam Trade/LFR with LFM Mythic+2 Boosting Group - Must be 845-850+ ilvl. Follow this with spam for people to boost through with their key, you will get a handful of players with 810-830'ish ilvl, maybe even some with 850+, aim for 2 chests, 3 is a bonus and you're good to go.

All you need to do is put some time/effort into creating a group and you're good to go. Here's some inspiration. I hit 110 on my Hunter less than a week ago, I'm already 855 ilvl with not a huge amount of luck, just consistency in creating Mythic+ groups and making sure I create all of my own groups for normal Mythics. I aimed for at least 1 other mail user in the group incase they get unwanted loot and all was good. Granted you NEED to pull your own weight otherwise people won't want to play with you, just make sure you understand your class and you can maximize your potential.

Either way, 845 is fine, just don't expect an invite to groups.

(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aurus/advanced - Evidence)
    "just don't expect an invite to groups."

Sadly, I can't make my own groups. But either way, that should not be an requirement to gear up. If it was, how would the none-leaders gear? Every dungeon and raid group can only have 1 leader really.

I dont see ilvl845 a reason for not doing mythic+
    The current denial of "undergeared" people is an issue you simply have to live with.

As you mentioned in your post the simple answer is just to build your own group.
    Assembling a group at your ilvl took my rogue about 5 minutes - you have a +2 keystone which promises more loot for a decent geared group.

Not having the time for assembling your own group is just an excuse for not wanting to take responsibility in some form (because its your keystone/id).
    Especially considering the time you wasted trying to join 20 groups.

Deleted
    I thought the same, but I was wrong. My guild required ilvl 850 for the first raid and I achieved it with drop items and the order hall set, I had no crafted items.

To begin get all your class order hall items that you can get and upgrade them to 840 (assuming you have the reputation to buy the items).

Do the world quests, even the 830 ones can Titanforge to 850.

Do the world boss, who drops 860.

Run mythic dungeons, expect 1 drop per 5 bosses.

Run as many mythic+ dungeons as you can (even if its just +2).

-

Of course you need to be a little bit lucky but it is possible.

I'm managed to get to 854 without crafted and without legendary, and with under 10 mythic runs (no +) since start.

I'm what this place calls a casual

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    What class are you playing?
    Outlaw Rogue. Only char I ever had. I find the class really hard to do good DPS with at the moment, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get some stuff out of the way.
    - You are more then geared enough as 845 for heroic raid content. Anyone asking for a higher ilvl is crazy.
    - I regulary get drop of 835 on WQ, higher is possible but i don't get those often either.

about gearing up:
    - Mythics dungeons mostly drop 840 but getting a warforged (845+) is actually a higher chance then you might think and if you do all of the mythic dungeons you're bound to get at least 1 warforged item.
    - If you have the ability to do mythic + and you complete lvl +3 i think you already receive 850 gear. + the loot chest in your class hall dropping even higher gear.
    - the world boss drops 860 gear.
    - pugging 1 or 2 bosses on heroic EN and using a bonus roll could also give some nice gear.

Don't expect to gear up to 850+ easily.... The game isn't tuned to be played with 870ilvl. You can do pretty much any content at 845
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    "just don't expect an invite to groups."

Sadly, I can't make my own groups. But either way, that should not be an requirement to gear up. If it was, how would the none-leaders gear? Every dungeon and raid group can only have 1 leader really.
    Why can't you create your own groups? Please explain.

Heroic EN is designed for guilds where the commitment isn't too high. If you want to run it and skip EN Normal, you should become part of a guild and help each other gear up through Mythic+, in which case you won't have the problem you're currently complaining about.

If you want to PuG through the whole thing, you should definitely run EN Normal. It's practically made for you. EN Normal will allow you to ge to 850-860, and then you can get in pretty easily.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2016-09-29 at 08:58 AM.