Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Outlaw Rogue. Only char I ever had. I find the class really hard to do good DPS with at the moment, though.
    You're playing one of the better specs at the moment. You can easily keep people in your groups with that DPS. You can pull over 200k sustained on bosses with that and sit around 300-400k on aoe packs, pretty good for Mythic+.

Deleted
    Sadly, I can't make my own groups.
    I call shenanigans on this one... what, your "Start a group" button is broke? You have time for full raid clears (2+ hours) but you cant spend 10minutes trying to assemble a group?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I hear yes. I haven't seen a single group not asking for 850+. As a melee, it's even harder.

I was invited to a HC group taking 840. We didn't even get first boss to 75% in any of our five tries before we disbanded so...
    I killed my first heroic boss with ilvl 839 last week.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    I thought the same, but I was wrong. My guild required ilvl 850 for the first raid and I achieved it with drop items and the order hall set, I had no crafted items.

To begin get all your class order hall items that you can get and upgrade them to 840 (assuming you have the reputation to buy the items).

Do the world quests, even the 830 ones can Titanforge to 850.

Do the world boss, who drops 860.

Run mythic dungeons, expect 1 drop per 5 bosses.

Run as many mythic+ dungeons as you can (even if its just +2).

-

Of course you need to be a little bit lucky but it is possible.

I have done almost every WQ every day, never any high item level.

No items from World bosses yet.

No good items from all Mythic dungeons yet, drop rate for any gear seem to be like 10% for me, about every 10th give something, and never above 840.

As I am 845 I already have all my class items needed, except shoulders but I'm only honored, need exalted.

No group has so far accepted me in Mythic +, not a single one, not even one invite.

Of course it's possible to gear, but I just don't see it happened. Hence FLAWED system even IF doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm managed to get to 854 without crafted and without legendary, and with under 10 mythic runs (no +) since start.

I'm what this place calls a casual
    you are what this place called : lucky with RNG ??
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

The world quest drops can indeed proc up higher than they say they are so still do those. Make at least one 850 item in lowest slot. Join a guild and run mythic+ with them or heroic raid with them. Make your own groups for mythic + or heroic raid. Plenty of options but yes gear being a total rng fest does suck.

I guarantee you that blue 830 is not the highest from world quests. I'm already seeing some 835 epics on my rogue and mage who are only 829 and 826 average respectively. You're unlucky, it sucks but keep checking. Also keep doing the 830 blue world quests because they can proc much higher with some luck. It will happen eventually. This will not propell you forward rapidly but it will slowly but steadily improve you. Just keep in mind that virtually everything can war/titanforge into an improvement. Also, I get it might not be something you like, but if you can bother to do some of the PvP world quests (even just towers which are hardly PvP) you should eventually see high level gear from those quests as well (based on honor level)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    You're playing one of the better specs at the moment. You can easily keep people in your groups with that DPS. You can pull over 200k sustained on bosses with that and sit around 300-400k on aoe packs, pretty good for Mythic+.
    I struggle reaching 150k Single target or 250k for cleave. I have the right talents etc and prio right stats. I follow multiple guides for rotation and I consider it next to perfect, still, can't get high numbers.

Do you have a guild / friends that you can play with ? If not, try to use openraid. You can setup events there like "Mythic run on Thursay 9pm" so people that sign up should be there.

If you want to rely 100% on joining groups and aren't able to tank or heal, you better have a good ilvl so people invite you.

It's not flawed, you barely put forth any effort. 20 declines is a very small amount for DPSers. Make your own mythic+ groups. +2/+3 keystones are hardly more difficult than regular mythics and tons of people are looking to get 3 chest carries.

Uhhh, and 150k with ilvl 845 is a bit low. I know you're saying you're doing everything right, but that's obviously not the case. Especially on trash packs.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2016-09-29 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    I struggle reaching 150k Single target or 250k for cleave. I have the right talents etc and prio right stats. I follow multiple guides for rotation and I consider it next to perfect, still, can't get high numbers.
    Just keep practicing, most likely you're spending too much time/mental energy trying to avoid mechanics/damage resulting in loss of damage. Also why can't you make your own groups?

10+ Year Old Account
    @ mityosaurus, I work almost 12 hours per day and I have very little time to play. Every time I tried starting a group, it has taken almost an hour. Finding a tank and healer is almost impossible. Of the like 5 tanks who sign in an hour, 0-1 are good... If I have to put this time and effort for every dungeon, there is no time left to play

@ Jewsco, I have been in the same guild for many years and I have many friends here. I want to gear, but not start over with my in game social life.

@ Samin, Yes, they CAN drop. But I have not yet seen a single WQ item above 830. Getting really demotivating to keep getting dissapointed now

@ arceuid, I put a lot of effort, a lot more than what SHOULD be needed. The 20 was just an example for ONE time. Compared to previous expansions, this is all getting insane.

Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    stopped reading right here. my rogue has basically only done heroics and WQ's and gets 840+ from those. in fact all but 3 slots are 840 or higher and those that aren't are all 835 epics.

my fresh dk even got an 895 on their first emmisary chest and popped 850's in their first heroics.

I know i got lucky on the DK but the rogue basically upjumped themselves to 830+ in a week by spending class hall resources and running every world quest that offered ANY gear piece reward (and order resource reward)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    stopped reading right here. my rogue has basically only done heroics and WQ's and gets 840+ from those. in fact all but 3 slots are 840 or higher and those that aren't are all 835 epics.

my fresh dk even got an 895 on their first emmisary chest and popped 850's in their first heroics.

I know i got lucky on the DK but the rogue basically upjumped themselves to 830+ in a week by spending class hall resources and running every world quest that offered ANY gear piece reward (and order resource reward)
    Yes, you have been lucky. I have been unlucky. Too unlucky. Hence why I think the system is flawed. Being completly depending on RNG is no fun at all

Deleted
    If everything else fails; crafting will get you 850 items.

I easily make 20k+ gold a day with mining+BS... and those are not even the most profitable ones.

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).
    - WQ give 825+ or 830+. It often procs higher.
    - Odds for WF/TF is not crazy low, you've just been unlucky. Do more than 5.
    - Again, just tough luck. Keep going on about it.

- That ilvl should be fine to start EN HC, I've seen multiple pugs asking for 845+ or even 840. You can also just go with guild/friends, search for an OpenRaid group or just make your own.
    - That ilvl is fine for Mythic+. Go with friends/guildies or find other people with similar ilvl to yours that also want to go.

Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?
    Yes and no. Yes because I think it's too much RNG pushed on the player. We already had RNG with bosses having static loot tables but random drops amongst that table everytime. But at least we also got emblems/currency from every drop, which allowed us to improve our gear if we were unlucky for weeks. It also meant every daily dungeon done, every raid boss killed was a small progress towards a new piece of gear, even if you didn't get any loot meanwhile. (And no I'm not saying remove all RNG, just bring back emblems/valor and let us buy some of the pieces at a slow pace)

No because in no way should it stop someone from reaching the lvl they need for the content they want to do. If your guild wants to raid mythic first week, it seems to me you just didn't put in enough effort. Either that or you're an extreme case of bad luck.

TL;DR: It's not flawed, it works fine. It's just not very satisfying, and certainly not as fun/exciting as they apparently think it is (not for everyone anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If everything else fails; crafting will get you 850 items.

I easily make 20k+ gold a day with mining+BS... and those are not even the most profitable ones.
    I have 20k on my account in total, never been above 40k in this expansion. I find making gold is extremly hard at the moment

Yes, you have been lucky. I have been unlucky. Too unlucky. Hence why I think the system is flawed. Being completly depending on RNG is no fun at all
    looking at my rogue's map right now... every quest with a gear award is tagged 830+

now did you get the class hall upgrade to double the odds of an upgrade?

i did and a good chunk of those 830+ rewards procc into 840-860... the cap is 895 from what i understand.

edit:

my rogue has not been 'lucky'. it just put it's nose to the grindstone and pushed through. after a few class hall pieces got upgraded to 840 it just snowballed.

edit2: class hall pieces upgrade to 840 via consumables purchased with order resources. 500 to get to 820, 2k to 830, 4k for 840.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-09-29 at 09:13 AM.

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).
    It's not.
    IF you are being told that, then this player base is a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    - WQ give 825+ or 830+. It often procs higher.
    - Odds for WF/TF is not crazy low, you've just been unlucky. Do more than 5.
    - Again, just tough luck. Keep going on about it.

- That ilvl should be fine to start EN HC, I've seen multiple pugs asking for 845+ or even 840. You can also just go with guild/friends, search for an OpenRaid group or just make your own.
    - That ilvl is fine for Mythic+. Go with friends/guildies or find other people with similar ilvl to yours that also want to go.

Yes and no. Yes because I think it's too much RNG pushed on the player. We already had RNG with bosses having static loot tables but random drops amongst that table everytime. But at least we also got emblems/currency from every drop, which allowed us to improve our gear if we were unlucky for weeks. It also meant every daily dungeon done, every raid boss killed was a small progress towards a new piece of gear, even if you didn't get any loot meanwhile. (And no I'm not saying remove all RNG, just bring back emblems/valor and let us buy some of the pieces at a slow pace)

No because in no way should it stop someone from reaching the lvl they need for the content they want to do. If your guild wants to raid mythic first week, it seems to me you just didn't put in enough effort. Either that or you're an extreme case of bad luck.

TL;DR: It's not flawed, it works fine. It's just not very satisfying, and certainly not as fun/exciting as they apparently think it is (not for everyone anyway).
    I know WQ CAN procc hight, but since start of the expansion, it has not yet.
    I have run wya more then 5 dungeons, closer to 30+, but those 5 were just an example of two days ago. Previously, I only gotten 2x 845 items, nothing else.

I have yet to see any decent group asking for 845ish for HC, only 1 and we didn't stand a chance against first boss.

Yes, ilvl is fine for Mythic+ but it doesn't make groups invite me.

I have friends or guildies, but they don't do charity runs. They expect all members to contribute, and so do I when I lead. So that's not an option.