Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have 20k on my account in total, never been above 40k in this expansion. I find making gold is extremly hard at the moment
    It really is not. In fact it is easier than in most expansions (ok, maybe not WoD... but it's still faster than that).
    Just get a gathering profession and the corresponding crafting one.

I make most of my gold by selling BS crafted relics (I really don't know who spends 7-10k on a 805 relic... but people do... and i sell 2-3 a day)

Deleted
    Craft the gear, you can get the stats you want on a piece and reach 850 with Obliterum.

Read now about the gold, what professions you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    4 weeks in and people outgear the first tier of normal raiding without barely raiding and apparently the loot system is flawed.

OK.

Loot is literally thrown at you, I've never had such an inflated item level this early in an expansion.

Deleted
    @ mityosaurus, I work almost 12 hours per day and I have very little time to play. Every time I tried starting a group, it has taken almost an hour. Finding a tank and healer is almost impossible. Of the like 5 tanks who sign in an hour, 0-1 are good... If I have to put this time and effort for every dungeon, there is no time left to play

@ Jewsco, I have been in the same guild for many years and I have many friends here. I want to gear, but not start over with my in game social life.

@ Samin, Yes, they CAN drop. But I have not yet seen a single WQ item above 830. Getting really demotivating to keep getting dissapointed now

@ arceuid, I put a lot of effort, a lot more than what SHOULD be needed. The 20 was just an example for ONE time. Compared to previous expansions, this is all getting insane.
    Just be a scumbag about it man, invite a hybrid DPS class, set their role to tank/healer to bait a tank/healer in, change it and profit. Takes you 10 minutes MAX to make a group. Also if you have had time to clear EN twice.

Also "Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day", "Cleared EN twice" and "WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.", I think you have more time to play than you think, you just need to optimize it better. The system isn't flawed, you're just not playing it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    looking at my rogue's map right now... every quest with a gear award is tagged 830+

now did you get the class hall upgrade to double the odds of an upgrade?

i did and a good chunk of those 830+ rewards procc into 840-860... the cap is 895 from what i understand.

edit:

my rogue has not been 'lucky'. it just put it's nose to the grindstone and pushed through. after a few class hall pieces got upgraded to 840 it just snowballed.

edit2: class hall pieces upgrade to 840 via consumables purchased with order resources. 500 to get to 820, 2k to 830, 4k for 840.
    Yes, they are upgradeable to 840, but that is not helping me get above 845 is it :P

I did get one item upgraded to 835 from wqs, NEVER above that, so it's still not helping me get past 845.

NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    Guess you should just quit then.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I have 20k on my account in total, never been above 40k in this expansion. I find making gold is extremly hard at the moment
    I made 70K by questing and vendoring the stuff I got and putting various boe relics on the ah.
    Also picking up treasures, the grey's are worth a ton of gold.

As previous posters mentioned - professions make easy money, like fishing koi's in suramar or leatherworking + selling obliterum (or in this case using it for yourself isnt too bad at all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Craft the gear, you can get the stats you want on a piece and reach 850 with Obliterum.

Read now about the gold, what professions you have?
    LW and Engineering. But can't raise either, as it's too expensive to skill up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    4 weeks in and people outgear the first tier of normal raiding without barely raiding and apparently the loot system is flawed.

OK.

Loot is literally thrown at you, I've never had such an inflated item level this early in an expansion.
    Man, did you read the thread? I found getting 840 fairly smooth too. But here it stops.

Tell me how gear is thrown at me once reaching this. It's not many ways to gear and as I clearly explained in the post, it's mostly based on RNG or if I can find leaders who invite me, which just hasn't happened.

LW and Engineering. But can't raise either, as it's too expensive to skill up.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, did you read the thread? I found getting 840 fairly smooth too. But here it stops.

Tell me how gear is thrown at me once reaching this. It's not many ways to gear and as I clearly explained in the post, it's mostly based on RNG or if I can find leaders who invite me, which just hasn't happened.
    Its not WoD anymore, you should think about a gathering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Guess you should just quit then.
    That's helpful...

"Endure the flawed system or GTFO", nice attitude...

So, you don't want to put in any effort at all and think you should be able to get great gear just doing world quests?

Every single option people have given you - start your own group, craft some gear, farm some gold and buy some gear - has been thrown in the too hard basket. I guess you really are forever stuck at 840 ilvl, maybe you should cut your losses and quit now.

"just don't expect an invite to groups."

Sadly, I can't make my own groups. But either way, that should not be an requirement to gear up. If it was, how would the none-leaders gear? Every dungeon and raid group can only have 1 leader really.
    You can't make your own group? People are trying to help,you here and give you advise here and all I see is you determined to argue against it.

You can physically play? Yes
    You can physically click create a group ? Yes
    You have decent enough gear for that raid? Yes

Yes you can make a group, you just sound bone idle

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    845 is too low for heroic EN? the raid is less than 10 days old.
    its not technically low, but if you want to pug it, then yeah its low. ive tried making 840 pug for nythendra, 10 people, 15 people, mage spam, 2/3/4 healers, ive tried it all, obviously after first weeding out all the people who cant even play their class, and it just didnt happen, in 3 hours. and i cant even blame it on people leaving and then wasting too much time waiting for replacements because the waitlist was full of all classes, even healers, all the time - i still hear the sound of someone signing up to your group...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daschalki View Post
    Its not WoD anymore, you should think about a gathering profession.
    Had LW since early vanilla and engieering since early WotLK, and prior to Legion, I had 99,99% of all patterns in game for both, except 1-2 in SWP). I have too many rare and fun patterns etc to drop either.

Had LW since early vanilla and engieering since early WotLK, and prior to Legion, I had 99,99% of all patterns in game for both, except 1-2 in SWP). I have too many rare and fun patterns etc to drop either.
    edit: only for legion patterns - sorry.
    good you can buy items to relearn stuff after dropping a profession then.

or: use your free legion 100 boost to get an alt with 2 gathering professions. instant effect, even for your lazy attitude.
    Last edited by daschalki; 2016-09-29 at 09:24 AM.

It's not a game flaw that you a) don't want to do things b) your "friends"/guild don't want to do things with you.

Deleted
    Trash 1 of your proffs right now and get herbalism, i made 200k gold in 1 day with it, consumables are insanely priced right now.

Also, why dont you play with other casuals in ninth order? Did the guild die off? Personally i didnt even raid and i got 858 rogue 849 warr 843 mage.

I have friends or guildies, but they don't do charity runs. They expect all members to contribute, and so do I when I lead. So that's not an option.
    How are you not going to contribute in Mythic+ at 845 ilvl ? If they aren't willing to play with you, either they are not your friends and you'd better get a new guild or you are severly underperforming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    So, you don't want to put in any effort at all and think you should be able to get great gear just doing world quests?

Every single option people have given you - start your own group, craft some gear, farm some gold and buy some gear - has been thrown in the too hard basket. I guess you really are forever stuck at 840 ilvl, maybe you should cut your losses and quit now.

The question here is not Is it possible to gear up? Because, yes it obviously is.

The question is, Is the gearing system flawed? And yes, I reall think so. Compared to previous expansions it's insane to gear now. You need to be crazy rich or put endless of time farming extremly low RNG chances. Or dedicating your entire life to forming groups...

Yes it's possible, yes it require effort BUT it require too much time and effort, it's not human to play as much as you need to get above 845 IF you don't have a guild to play with.

Make a second character to farm for your first character then. I'm unsure that gathering has ever been more important than it is now.