Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Death to all muslims, regardless of race. Death to all syrians, saudi arabians, iraqis, egyptians, afghanis and africans, regardless of religion.

Infracted - Major Flaming
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-09-29 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    Death to all muslims, regardless of race. Death to all syrians, saudi arabians, iraqis, egyptians, afghanis and africans, regardless of religion.
    That's quite a list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    You know, you can't do half-measures, you have to walk the full mile. Damnatio memoriae.
    You'd have to stop using and completely unlearning Arabic numerals as well once you are done you would have to start going back to the Roman number system for everything related to mathematics. You'd also have to stop using and completely unlearning words of Arabic background like admiral, coffee, lemon, orange, alcohol, algebra, algorithm, arsenal, average, chemistry, tuna or syrup - just to name a few. It's also going to be very hard to stop listening to music with African influence.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Some large German banks are in trouble right now.

Want to see violence against immigrants in Germany? Wait and see what happens when the next financial crisis hits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    It's called reading.
    You sure?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Common sense and the lack of evidence that they are going to be a boon for German society. Taking a million+ people who walk in with virtually no vetting process in a couple years is retarded.
    Looks more like guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm not excusing anything, im just stating an obvious reaction to the situation. The government of Germany decided to import millions of people from a foreign land with a vastly different culture with different values on life, gender equality, and democracy. Violent crime has gone up, crimes against women have gone up, and people are afraid.
    Should i ask your for sources or are we currently in pretend land where facts don´t matter and we base everything on "common sense".

The reaction of a few german citizens can´t speak for the country, so the obvious reaction you´re talking about is not from the majority of people, which kind of makes it less obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That they should attempt to change government policy through the normal democratic process available to them, not through violence..

Sorry? What's this have to do with violence against refugees? Are you justifying race based revenge or something?
    Violence against refugees is caused by violence against locals by refugees. Apparently you can't see the difference.

Requesting high standards of behavior on some issues
    That they should attempt to change government policy through the normal democratic process available to them, not through violence..
    Shrugging off low standards of behavior on some other
    Every large social movement is a shitstorm of terrible people and honest good people. And you kind of need both of them really.
    One does better to look at the problems they seek redress for than the conduct of individuals looking for redress.

We like to pretend that opposing standards happen within any group, but often point out that perhaps "it's not the same individuals" the ones with conflicting views. Yet it's too easy to find those individuals.
    I think most people participate to the sanctimony of double standards to some degree. Some more obviously than others. And some others will have the gall to justify their double standard because "reasons" (like some other imbeciles who argue violence is alright if against the outgroup, but it's terrorism if against the ingroup or the class they want to protect).

And I'm actually inclined to sympathize with both those statements: because I sympathize differently with both issues. But it begs some self-reflection.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-09-29 at 10:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying they are "right" for being violent, they aren't. what im saying is that its not a shock, and when the government decided to bring in millions of people from vastly different cultures without considering the conflict that would be inherent in that change...well...thats just stupid.
    "We can´t help refugees because we have idiots living in our country that will become even more violent than they already are."

Great excuse, tony, really a great excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What do you have to say to the citizens that are upset that their government has placed their safety at risk?
    That they should stop reading tabloids and educate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What do you say to the victims of the crimes that wouldn't have happened had their government not allowed their attackers into the country?
    Hindsight isn´t a very powerfull argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you know, they don't matter.

Honestly though, like I said, its not a big shock. People get pissed when they see rapes and other violent crimes increase in their communities, especially when a disproportionate amount of those crimes are being committed by a specific demographic.
    YEAH, people get pissed when they see rapes and other violent crimes increase in their communities committed by people from somewhere else, it´s fine though if they are locals.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Some large German banks are in trouble right now.

Want to see violence against immigrants in Germany? Wait and see what happens when the next financial crisis hits.
    You mean like the last time when everyone was just mumbling something angry into their beards and grumpily accepted the government saving banks left and right?

The only bank that would be really affected would be the Deutsche Bank which is nowadays a small bank leaving behind its deflated former husk waiting to collapse on itself unless they do something that they didn't allow to happen when talks were about saving Italian banks in July.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-09-29 at 10:41 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    "We can´t help refugees because we have idiots living in our country that will become even more violent than they already are."

Great excuse, tony, really a great excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

That they should stop reading tabloids and educate themselves.

Hindsight isn´t a very powerfull argument.

- - - Updated - - -

YEAH, people get pissed when they see rapes and other violent crimes increase in their communities committed by people from somewhere else, it´s fine though if they are locals.
    Youd have an argument if crime werent all dropping every year before the intake. Work was done to get reductions over time, why spoil it.

Deleted
    HIV rates are also rising in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In a time when so many are losing faith in politicians, it's great to see that there are some in Germany making a stand for what is right.

No matter who you are, you must agree that these attacks must stop. It's time to look at more severe punishment of hate crimes before it gets out of hand!!
    What you mean the odd attack that gets blown out of proportion by the media? That's hardly representative. Good thing he's calling them out, that way everyone thinks a manhunt is happening in Germany. Totally reflecting the actual situation. Let's pick a random robbery in a red light district and talk about the downfall of morals and the rise of crime on Germany's streets, while we're at it...

Goddamn hyperbole everywhere I look.

Newsflash: We've had arsonic incidents in asylum centres since I can remember watching the news. This isn't a new occurance, this is the same old lingering racism that has always been present in any nation that sheltered foreign people. It's not even a German speciality in that regard.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    No, if a person of non jewish middle eastern descent attacks a white person it will be terrorism instead. Then you can also throw his friends and family in jail too.
    Heh .

If you want a difference between terrorism and other forms of assault/murder/etc, then I guess something like this: "violence by non-state actors intended to force changes in a state's policies" or something along those lines. Eg the Jewish population of Palestine back when we ruled it, the IRA, ISIS today, Black Lives Matter, etc.

Whilst that would mean there is something of a double standard between terrorism being okay and hate crimes not being okay, I think you could justify it based on the actual target - are you attacking the state & its policies (ie terrorism), or someone / something individual?

Of course, you might also argue that due to the corrupting influence terrorism charges can have (eg on civil liberties), it's best not to have them.

Food for thought at least.

Deleted
    Increase of arson, increase of attempted murder, increase of bodily harm, and so on, from the right-wing extremist sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In a time when so many are losing faith in politicians, it's great to see that there are some in Germany making a stand for what is right.
    I'm not sure it's a good thing that people take matter into their own hand.

I understand they feel abandoned by their politicians, but that's a tad extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Youd have an argument if crime werent all dropping every year before the intake. Work was done to get reductions over time, why spoil it.
    Still waiting for sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Still waiting for sources.
    A source on what, that crime has been going down every year since the 80s? Its even true for the USA lol. Just google it or have basic knowledge at this point lol. So yeah immigration that causes increase in crime is going backward, because crime has been dropping for 3 decades.

I'm not saying they are "right" for being violent, they aren't. what im saying is that its not a shock, and when the government decided to bring in millions of people from vastly different cultures without considering the conflict that would be inherent in that change...well...thats just stupid.
    Don't even bother. I get what you are saying and agree, but people are going to twist your words while ignoring the fact that humans, no matter how civilized, are just tribalistic hairless apes. This is human nature, it always has been and always will be.

Beautiful to see Germans taking back their country. I hope in the end they hold politicians like Merkel responsible and we start seeing some lengthy jail terms at the very least.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Heh .

If you want a difference between terrorism and other forms of assault/murder/etc, then I guess something like this: "violence by non-state actors intended to force changes in a state's policies" or something along those lines. Eg the Jewish population of Palestine back when we ruled it, the IRA, ISIS today, Black Lives Matter, etc.

Whilst that would mean there is something of a double standard between terrorism being okay and hate crimes not being okay, I think you could justify it based on the actual target - are you attacking the state & its policies (ie terrorism), or someone / something individual?

Of course, you might also argue that due to the corrupting influence terrorism charges can have (eg on civil liberties), it's best not to have them.

Food for thought at least.
    Oh when it is actually terrorism.. i mean political violence is bad and must be punished. That is ok

But it has become something else, people get charged with terrorism or supporting terrorism while intending (or even doing) nothing of the sort. Or when the minister of justice (secretary of justice? *shrugs*) starts saying certain people should or shouldnt be charged with terrorism we get into filthy kind of vile territory (granted the case i am thinking of failed to get a conviction because at least judges crave evidence unlike politicians)