Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have 20k on my account in total, never been above 40k in this expansion. I find making gold is extremly hard at the moment
    Get Herbalism, head over to High Mountain and farm some Foxtail. You can make about 60-100 an hour depending on your luck, they sell for anywhere from 100-250g PER herb. You can average out a minimum of about 8k an hour, the most I've made was about 26k on a Tuesday night.

What should I do?
    find a raiding guild that will take you to HC EM or unsub till Nightold will be up - alternatively you can sacrifice kittens to rng god and pray for upgrades .

sadly even with all those fake promisses we ended as always with raid or die model and no real alternative to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How did the guys in your guild gear up and why wouldn't that work for you? Why are they so much advanced that they can do mythic but leave you behind? Seems like you do play a fair amount of hours as well.

Some of the reqs like ilv 860+ for mythic+ seems crazy when guilds like Serenity or such have a guild average of 869 - and those guys play non-stop
    The point of a split run is to go 50% mains and 50% alts and socials in TWO (or more) groups. The mains get 100% of the gear and the alts and socials are there to help. I am a social, hence 0 gear for me.

This allow the raid team to gear twice as fast.

Deleted
    Of course it's possible to gear, but I just don't see it happened. Hence FLAWED system even IF doable.
    I understand. Your problem is not that the system does not work. Your complaint is that the system takes too long. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    I understand. Your problem is not that the system does not work. Your complaint is that the system takes too long. Gotcha.
    Well, it's the same thing really, isn't it? Broken and flawed are different things. A system where you litterally can't get gear is broken. A system where it takes insane time and effort (more then reasonable) and heavily depending on RNG is FLAWED.

Deleted
    The point of a split run is to go 50% mains and 50% alts and socials in TWO (or more) groups. The mains get 100% of the gear and the alts and socials are there to help. I am a social, hence 0 gear for me.

The issue is you're just ignoring all of the advice in the thread from people. Like I've explained how to make groups for Mythic+ QUICKLY, along with how to make an easily 10-15k an hour to buy a 850 item to get that ilvl up. Along with other peoples great advice you keep shrugging it off saying the system is "flawed". It sounds like you're not putting in ANY effort and just expecting to jump into a pug that's created by somebody else and get lucky drops constantly. Just change your style a bit dude, you make your own luck in most games, there's no exception for World of Warcraft :/

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How did the guys in your guild gear up and why wouldn't that work for you? Why are they so much advanced that they can do mythic but leave you behind? Seems like you do play a fair amount of hours as well.

Some of the reqs like ilv 860+ for mythic+ seems crazy when guilds like Serenity or such have a guild average of 869 - and those guys play non-stop
    its quite obvious for anyone with half of brain - he is clearly social in his guidl not a raider whom they took in for better chances of loot but once they start mythic the welfare run for socials will end and he will be f...

lets be honest about itlv req - 860 and later 870 will be absolute minimum for mythic + groups in incoming weeks as soon as raiders get some gear - dont pretend that it will be different el;se you make yourself look liek a fool -

causal players are atm stuck on 845-850 with no real way to progress besides riading hc or having sick rng luck

Well, it's the same thing really, isn't it? Broken and flawed are different things. A system where you litterally can't get gear is broken. A system where it takes insane time and effort (more then reasonable) and heavily depending on RNG is FLAWED.
    the system works. your version of the augmented system where you agreed to get no loot is the main problem.

congrats on your guild's loot system though.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything the rate of warforged/titanforged it too high! Every single slot I have with the exception of the two class order set items I'm still stuck with are all forged, mostly titanforged.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

You're literally a gear cuck right now. Abandon ship and find a better guild. You're talking about a flawed system when you're in a guild that has zero intention of rewarding you for being there.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    The issue is you're just ignoring all of the advice in the thread from people. Like I've explained how to make groups for Mythic+ QUICKLY, along with how to make an easily 10-15k an hour to buy a 850 item to get that ilvl up. Along with other peoples great advice you keep shrugging it off saying the system is "flawed". It sounds like you're not putting in ANY effort and just expecting to jump into a pug that's created by somebody else and get lucky drops constantly. Just change your style a bit dude, you make your own luck in most games, there's no exception for World of Warcraft :/
    to get gear he would have to make at least > mythic +5 groups - and nobody sane will join those when lead had 845 itlv and doesnt have 870 buddies to carry dps - he is fucked at this point and only wya to progress is stupdi rng luck

10+ Year Old Account

Man, did you read the thread? I found getting 840 fairly smooth too. But here it stops.

Tell me how gear is thrown at me once reaching this. It's not many ways to gear and as I clearly explained in the post, it's mostly based on RNG or if I can find leaders who invite me, which just hasn't happened.
    Yes I did but I'm at 851 and I've done the same content as you, some people are approaching 860.

RNG is RNG, you are 845, way above the normal raid item level. What exactly are you expecting 4 weeks into the expansion? That every week you gain 10 item levels?

10 items levels used to be an entire tier of gear. Think about that, an entire gear set would move you 10 item levels.

Stop expecting everything in such a short space of time, especially when it's much faster than it has ever been.

Starting a group does not take an hour except when you do it during regular raiding times or "normal" working hours. E.g. wednesday evening around 20:00 is a bad time to create a mythic group (not impossible, it will just take a little longer), Thursday on the other hand is perfectly fine. Yes, there are guild raiding on thursday, but much more do it on wednesday.

Also, I know you want to play DD but why not try to play Tank for Mythic+ until you hit the 850 mark? DH tank is not that hard to play, you will have instant invites and you can easily tank with your normal gear in up until ~m+5. It is no problem in M+2 in any case. Just put 12 points in your Defartifact (this will slow your progress on DD side for like 1 day or something like that) and go for it.
    I totally understand that people want to play DD and not Tank, but if it is THAT hard for you to find a group because your DD gear is too low, then just give it s try for a few item levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    You're literally a gear cuck right now. Abandon ship and find a better guild. You're talking about a flawed system when you're in a guild that has zero intention of rewarding you for being there.
    It's never a guilds responsibility to gear up a social though, you're there to socialize, that doesn't always mean bring on main/alt raids :/

so you decided to make a forum post about not being able to get gear when you decided to give up your chance of getting gear

this ends up to be just another QQ.

The system isn't flawed - it works quite well.
    Its not taking insane amounts of time - just get your priorities right

- Instead of being a social for the one guild you might try to be a member for another guild.
    - Get a gathering profession/alt
    - create your own groups
    - create your own items and upgrade them with your profession

Plenty of options given
    you can accept them or continue QQ

tell you what: I geared my rogue in 1day14h to ilvl845 still wearing blues and without the 3rd relic slot. Still plenty of space for upgrades. 70% pugged mythics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    to get gear he would have to make at least > mythic +5 groups - and nobody sane will join those when lead had 845 itlv and doesnt have 870 buddies to carry dps - he is fucked at this point and only wya to progress is stupdi rng luck
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aurus/advanced 1 week old.

Literally started creating Mythic+ runs at 830 ilvl with 0 friends involved. 845 for Mythic+ is MORE Than acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    They didn't force me to raid to stay in the guild. We socials fought for these spots and all know that it's not about gear. It was a fun raid, got some achievements and helped my guild, which is a reward enough.

Tons of guilds splitrun, it's the most efficient way to gear the raid team.

And I rolled a few items raiders didn't need, ofc I didn't win. And coined. But now that split runs are over, how will I get that chance.

You are at the stage where you need a guild to progress further right now. You could probably wait a few weeks and join the pug train but right now it's in guild territory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    now did you get the class hall upgrade to double the odds of an upgrade?
    That only works on non-repeatable quests and WQ's are not counted as such, if I'm not mistaken.