Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    You are at the stage where you need a guild to progress further right now. You could probably wait a few weeks and join the pug train but right now it's in guild territory
    You don't need a guild to get past 845...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Had LW since early vanilla and engieering since early WotLK, and prior to Legion, I had 99,99% of all patterns in game for both, except 1-2 in SWP). I have too many rare and fun patterns etc to drop either.
    well seems like it's time to make a choice then.

So here what we have gathered so far:
    1 - You can't form your own groups (for some reasons)
    2 - Not getting invited to heroic raid due to "low" item level (and I'm gonna guess point 1 applies here)
    3 - Apparently 850 stuff that drops in normal isn't good enough.
    4 - Not getting world quest with higher item ilevel gears (no surprises here)
    5 - Can't get crafted items cause no money
    6 - Don't want to drop one of your profession (that you CAN'T level up anyway due to point 5) to get a money making one
    7 - Can't make gold due to point 6
    8 - I'm gonna guess that join a guild is also out of question
    9 - I'm gonna guess this is your only character and you're not willing to level up another (that could have gathering professions so you can force feed the main and do some gold selling)

Those are you options, you either take one of those or you simply surrender to your current inevitable situation. Things are not gonna change unless you make some changes.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2016-09-29 at 10:13 AM.

So after reading things through, to be blunt, it seems you're just a bad player and you're not even in a real guild. Or you are in a real guild maybe, but you're just a 'social' player not an actual raider, and you're probably not an actual raider because your dps is bad. You said you only pull like 150k dps and you're an 845 outlaw rogue. That's the same as my alt and i can easily pull over 200k dps. You said your rotation is 'near perfect' but clearly that is not the case. I mean as outlaw 90% of your damage is just all Run Through and Run Through hardly even scales with your weapon ilvl or anything, it's just all raw damage.

If you want to get good gear and get into good groups for things you need to work on your class to get better at it then just join a guild as an actual raider so you can start doing heroic and mythic+ dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    well seems like it's time to make a choice then.

So here what we have gathered so far:
    1 - You can't form your own groups (for some reasons)
    2 - Not getting invited to heroic raid due to "low" high level (and I'm gonna guess point 1 applies here)
    3 - Apparently 850 stuff that drops in normal isn't good enough.
    4 - Not getting world quest with higher item ilevel gears (no surprises here)
    5 - Can't get crafted items cause no money
    6 - Don't want to drop one of your profession (that you CAN'T level up anyway due to point 5) to get a money making one
    7 - Can't make gold due to point 6
    8 - I'm gonna guess that join a guild is also out of question
    9 - I'm gonna guess this is your only character and you're not willing to level up another (that could have gathering professions so you can force feed the main and do some gold selling)

Those are you options, you either take one of those or you simply surrender to your current inevitable situation. Things are not gonna change unless you make some changes.
    I said something similar, he straight ignored it and went onto denying somebody else's advice.

That's helpful...

"Endure the flawed system or GTFO", nice attitude...
    The system works fine, this one of those "it's me, not you" -type of situations, even though you can't admit it. Claiming that you never have time to create your group is just an excuse.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    We socials fought for these spots and all know that it's not about gear.
    Ok, this is a troll. So you **know** that it's not about gear but this whole thread is about gear(ing).

You help your guild gear up knowing they will ditch you once they no longer need you.

And you claim not to have any time to start your own mythic+ groups yet you have time to go on split raids with your guild, run normal mythics via LFD and do world quests.

Please, go back under the bridge.

Hi, I need some advice as well as to maybe start a discussion about gearing.

I am 845 item level and I feel I will never get above this. At this point, you are basically stuck.

As an example:

- WQ gives tops 825 or 830 blues, nothing higher, NEVER any higher than that. I check EVERY day.
    - Ran 5 mythic dungeons the other day, got 3 gears, all 840... which is not helping. Odds for WF/TF is crazy low.
    - Cleared EN twice. Got 1 gear, 850, that was barely an upgrade. Six times I coined gold (3 per week).

And the problem remains this:

- My ilvl is too low for EN HC.
    - My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).

HOW am I suppose to gear up? Spamming Mythic Dungeon after Mythic Dungeon week after week and praying for a 850 drop doesn't seem like a fun way to progress into the expansion.

I cleared EN with my guild in split run, once they start mythic, those runs stop. I am screwed then, as no group will invite me due to low ilvl AND even if they do, PuGs dont seem to clear more then 1 boss...

What should I do?

Do you think this game has become very flawed as to gearing up?

I expect a lot of replies like "Just do Mythic+" or "Start your own group and reserve stuff with ML", but like I said, NOT A SINGLE Mythic + group will take me and I don't have the time to start my own groups :/
    If you don't have time to play, as you say then why should you get gear?
    I doubt your boss will pay you if you don't have time to show up for work, will he?

In any case, you'll find groups if you really try. It takes a few if you play DPS but just keep trying.

The flaw in the gearing system is that it's possible to grind M+ dungeons 24/7, not that it's somehow "hard" to get gear(it really isn't)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    That's helpful...

"Endure the flawed system or GTFO", nice attitude...
    Well from reading your posts in this thread you are lazy in game. You won't make your own groups for reasons even more flawed than you claim the loot system is. You're playing a spec capable of at least 50-70k dps more sustained and possibly 100k or more on trash and you claim to have the right talents and rotation down? Either you dont have the talents or you are not performing your rotation/priority correctly. And you cant expect to make money with the professions you have. You have to spend gold to use any of them. Drop Engineering and pick up skinning.

recap:
    1. Stop being lazy and put effort into making your own groups
    2. Double check and make sure your specced right and then go read up on your rotation, one of those 2 has to be wrong for you to be doing such low dps
    3. Drop engineering and pick up skinning
    4. Spend your in game time more wisely if you work so much and have a much more limited playtime than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I saw a 835 WQ today so it doesn't max out at 830. It does seem nerfed though as for a while i saw lots of 840 even 845 WQs which now seem to not exist anymore or are extremely rare.

- My ilvl is too low for Mythic+ (maybe not technically, but been declined in like 20 groups now, all want 850-860+ even for M2).
    thats retarded (another reason why LFG tool is cancer and why they should allow to do Balance of Power in LFR ), even 835-840 is fine for +2

solution - make your own mythic+ groups, it doesnt take much time and you dont need to lead anything like in raid .. just put a reasonable ilvl like 840+ in title (for a +2 run) and tons of others in the same situation as you will join

besides that - EN heroic with your own guild

You even have people boosting you for free in Mythic +2 just so THEY can have a chance to get gear with your key, I mean it doesn't get any easier. I cleared a Mythic +2 with 800 ilvl on my priest.
    this too

There is nothing flawed in the gearing system, only in your methods of acquiring gear and/or lack of creating own groups and finding a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    thats retarded (another reason why LFG tool is cancer and why they should allow to do Balance of Power in LFR ), even 835-840 is fine for +2

solution - make your own mythic+ groups, it doesnt take much time and you dont need to lead anything like in raid .. just put a reasonable ilvl like 840+ in title (for a +2 run) and tons of others in the same situation as you will join

besides that - EN heroic with your own guild

this too

Don't say this to me. I KNOW that my ilvl is fine for Mythic+, but no other group leader seem to think so. I want to do it but I simply don't get invited.

Deleted
    Seems to be working as intended. You're 845, so you don't have upgrades from mythic dungeons (without lucky upgrades), you're 5 ilvls off the opening raid tier, so very well placed for that. And have an ilvl suitable for running low level mythic+.

Basically you've got to the point where you've out geared the basic LFD content and now to progress you need to do organised group content. How is this any different than it was in the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    So after reading things through, to be blunt, it seems you're just a bad player and you're not even in a real guild. Or you are in a real guild maybe, but you're just a 'social' player not an actual raider, and you're probably not an actual raider because your dps is bad. You said you only pull like 150k dps and you're an 845 outlaw rogue. That's the same as my alt and i can easily pull over 200k dps. You said your rotation is 'near perfect' but clearly that is not the case. I mean as outlaw 90% of your damage is just all Run Through and Run Through hardly even scales with your weapon ilvl or anything, it's just all raw damage.

If you want to get good gear and get into good groups for things you need to work on your class to get better at it then just join a guild as an actual raider so you can start doing heroic and mythic+ dungeons.
    I have raided since Vanilla, clearing all content the game has to offer. Saying I'm a bad player is wrong, but saying that I have difficulties with current rogue DPS is more accurate. The RNG of RtB is just so bad it won't allow me to perform better. I have honestly no idea how other Outlaw rogues does such crazy damage. Using Roll the Bones close to ten times in a row to get good buffs takes away A LOT of dps...

Deleted
    Don't say this to me. I KNOW that my ilvl is fine for Mythic+, but no other group leader seem to think so. I want to do it but I simply don't get invited.
    As you proceed to ignore all advice coming from anywhere as you're latched onto the idea it's impossible to make a group in less than an hour... Why bother making a forum post asking for advice if you're just straight ignoring EVERYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    Seems to be working as intended. You're 845, so you don't have upgrades from mythic dungeons (without lucky upgrades), you're 5 ilvls off the opening raid tier, so very well placed for that. And have an ilvl suitable for running low level mythic+.

Basically you've got to the point where you've out geared the basic LFD content and now to progress you need to do organised group content. How is this any different than it was in the past?
    I guess you mostly have to blame the community.

No normal group I've seen (been in far over 10) has killed more then first boss.
    No group has yet invited me to a Mythic+ group, even keystone 2...

The community is cancer, and a big part of why gearing is so horrible.

But the biggest problem is the insane RNG.

Never before have you need this depending on wether it procc WF or TF etc.

All previous expacs I found gearing smooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    As you proceed to ignore all advice coming from anywhere as you're latched onto the idea it's impossible to make a group in less than an hour... Why bother making a forum post asking for advice if you're just straight ignoring EVERYTHING.
    What else can I do. I've said that I CAN'T make my own groups and I CAN'T join a raid guild. I am SERIOUSLY POOR in game and I have no friends who are ready to boost me anywhere. Those advices I have to "ignore".

But NEITHER of that should be needed, and it has never been needed previous expansions, hence why the system is flawed.

Deleted
    I have raided since Vanilla, clearing all content the game has to offer. Saying I'm a bad player is wrong, but saying that I have difficulties with current rogue DPS is more accurate. The RNG of RtB is just so bad it won't allow me to perform better. I have honestly no idea how other Outlaw rogues does such crazy damage. Using Roll the Bones close to ten times in a row to get good buffs takes away A LOT of dps...
    Reroll for ANY 2 buffs. Don't go for a specific set as you will literally never get the ones you want. Also spend the last pull before a boss rotating through for a good pair. You can hit 150k+ with 845 with a single proc as well, it's going to be down to your rotation.

(1) make your own groups for +2/+3 and specify 840+ in the title .. so that ppl can see its a more reasonable/casual 840+ grp and not 850-860 elitist grp
    (2) playing a tank or healer can help quite a bit since they're in more demand
    (3) join a guild that does/is going to do heroic EN and be a full raiding member in it

Deleted
    It really is not that you are too low ilvl for them; it's more like there's 10 other guys like you with higher ilvls queeing for the same group (don't belive me? Try starting your own group and see how many DDs will quee up).
    And those other 10 probably didn't gimp themself by not adapting to the current profession-situation; which is how they got higher level gear in the 1st place.