Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What talents are you guys running for mythic+?

I've been having a blast since last week with the Mythic+ dungeons being out, and love running them. However some runs do tend to go slower than others, rarely is the issue the bosses, but the trash.

I almost always run the standard single target talent setup. However after doing more and more runs, I'm starting to think I'm better off using conflag, LB and cinderstorm just to make the trash go by faster. No matter the group I get, I am usually always top dps on any boss, unless there is a lot of aoe, and we have a hunter or something. But on trash I am always bottom, or just above the tank. Which I don't mind because I decimate everyone else on bosses. That being said, we spend a lot of time on trash.

I am curious as to what you guys have been running on mythic+? Are you guys using the standard single target talent setup? Or the aoe setup to clear trash faster? Or perhaps a mix of both by just swapping out unstable magic for LB?

Personally I use Conflag, shimmer, RoP, flame on, ice floes, LB, and Kindling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    This. In certain cases you can swap Kindling for Cinder, but more often than not you can get a couple of extra combustions in, which is really worth. The Conflag flare up is damn strong on trash, where you will spend most your time, and LB is simply amazing for AOE.

What I'm running too, Cinderstorm can be swapped for Kindling in some situations but Kindling is still always strong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

So it sounds like you guys are all using the aoe talents as opposed to single target for the bosses. Are you guys having any issue downing bosses quickly? Or is the faster trash clearing making up for slower bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    So it sounds like you guys are all using the aoe talents as opposed to single target for the bosses. Are you guys having any issue downing bosses quickly? Or is the faster trash clearing making up for slower bosses.
    IMO We still blow up bosses really quickly even with all the AOE talents. It helps that some talents are just plain good for everything, like Conflag.

Running only Kindling in Mythic+ so I can pop a couple extra combusts on trash

It doesn't really cost too much to spec LB over UM, because you will be spending majority of your time on trash anyways. And Conflag is pretty even with Pyromaniac on ST anyways, so it's kinda "win win" to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    What I'm running too, Cinderstorm can be swapped for Kindling in some situations but Kindling is still always strong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Arn't you afraid cinderstorm will pull other packs?

Despite choosing living bomb, I mainly pull ahead on boss fights. On trash i'm slightly below, sometimes really high because using combustion on trash (kindling).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Arn't you afraid cinderstorm will pull other packs?

Despite choosing living bomb, I mainly pull ahead on boss fights. On trash i'm slightly below, sometimes really high because using combustion on trash (kindling).
    Cinderstorm pulling extra packs got us an extra chest since it made the tank move a bit quicker than molasses.

Personally, the two talents are close enough that it doesn't really matter what you choose. I just like the extra AoE burst CS offers since almost every boss has adds of some sort (can anyone think of any single target fights in dungeons?) and we clear at such a rate that Combustion is always up for a boss and never needed more than once per fight.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    This might be off-topic but i recently got the fire head legendary and i was wondering if i should use dragon breath on single target? Because it actually does more dmg then a pyro. But the combination with dragon breath and cinderstorm feels so clunky.. If anyone have any information on this id be great. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedip View Post
    This might be off-topic but i recently got the fire head legendary and i was wondering if i should use dragon breath on single target? Because it actually does more dmg then a pyro. But the combination with dragon breath and cinderstorm feels so clunky.. If anyone have any information on this id be great. =)
    If I recall correctly, yes, you should be using dragon breath on single target if you have the legendary helm.

As for talents, I tend to stick with Conflag, Shimmer, RoP, Flame On, Ice Floes, Living Bomb, and Kindling. I do swap to Cauterize when my group does 10+ though.

Deleted
    Okey, thanks. I'm gonna try few runs with Kindling and see how it goes.

If I select living bomb would I still apply it to a single target boss that has no adds?

Quote Originally Posted by smokeytombs View Post
    If I select living bomb would I still apply it to a single target boss that has no adds?
    Living bomb is dps loss on one target. However that doesn't mean you shouldn't take it. It's damage is too good to pass up on the trash packs. When you're fighting a single mob or boss just don't worry about living bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeytombs View Post
    nope, its a dps loss to waste a global on living bomb if the explosion has nothing to spread to

This is what I use for all Mythic+ dungeons as well.

The only tiers where i think there is even a question are 15, 90 and 100.

Pyromaniac doesnt proc enough, and when it procs in the middle of your burn phase half the time it throws you off because you weren't expecting it. Its only a little better then useless, but probably a little better then Conflag on purely single target. I do pyromaniac on H Ursoc and hope for good procs with all the movement, otherwise i do Conflag in all raid/Mythic+ situations.

I would start using Firestarter regularly for the Odyn/Helya type fights if it didnt cost 500g a pop for tomes. I use firestarter only when pushing higher Mythic+ in these two dungeons.

Unstable Magic is such insignificantly small amount of damage the only time i ever use it is Ursoc and Nythendra where LB is a dps loss. And even then i wonder if its worth spending the ~1000g for tomes to respec to UM and back just for those bosses.

Flamestrike (and flame patch) just densest get play anymore. I never flamestrike on raid bosses and LB+single target ignite is good enough on trash. In Mythic+ i prefer the LB + flamestrike or single target burn instead of flamestrike+flamepatch.

I use kindling in all situations because aint noone got time for perfecting cinderstorm placement and or trying to copy Hunter barrage miss-pulls. (I understand cinderstorm can be used very effectively with practice).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    Unstable Magic is such insignificantly small amount of damage the only time i ever use it is Ursoc and Nythendra where LB is a dps loss. And even then i wonder if its worth spending the ~1000g for tomes to respec to UM and back just for those bosses.
    Can't you just port out and be summoned back in for those fights, maximizing DPS without spending tons of gold?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Can't you just port out and be summoned back in for those fights, maximizing DPS without spending tons of gold?
    Spending 2 minutes for talents in M+ isn't the best idea.

Swapping between Afam/PoM, Erosion/NT. Depending on the difficulity. Mostly just fight lenght, and if I need to sustain mana or just burn it as quickly as possible. Rest is standard RoP,SN,Shimmer.