Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ofcourse, the system is made to be a profit for Blizzard, but now i am talking about herb/potion sale in it self As much as people are using game tokens to pay for the potions, there are proberly just as many people who are earning enough gold through the system to pay for their game tokens
    Yes, that's what I mean.
    Blizzard makes more money from people who pay their sub in gold than they earn from people who pay their sub with cash.

The flasks cost like 7 starlight roses (with 10 of three of the other herbs but those are much easier), these can only be picked up in suramar and you only get at most 1 from a flower (well sometimes you get that rare withered that drops a few more when he attacks you after you pick a flower, but that's very rare), and unless you have three star picking you are going to get a lot of just useless dust instead of the one mat you wanted to get.

So at least 7 picks to get the starlight rose makes it pretty annoying to get and make. If they increased the amount dropped from these plants the prices of flasks would go down a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The solution is simple... if you dont like the prices then YOU do something about it... YOU farm up the herbs, you make the potions/flasks and sell them for the price YOU determine.
    You missed the part that even herbing is pain right now.

herbs also used for cooking, i made like 200k profit in a week selling herbs/cooking items and i barely played the ah
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

The problem is this shit CRZ system, I can't even find herbs on my server because there are at least 15 ppl farming from others servers. This means that instead of 15 different servers where people are farming there is only one so there are 15x less herbs to get and they end up on different servers AH.
    Last edited by Nirty999; 2016-09-29 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Prices are based on supply and demand. High demand of potions creates a high demand of herbs. High demand of herbs isn't being met by a high supply of herbs. It's really not that complicated.
    You need X4 the herb nodes in Legion to make a potion compared to WoD, Wotlk, Cata and TBC.

It proves more complicated than you thought, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    You need X4 the herb nodes in Legion to make a potion compared to WoD, Wotlk, Cata and TBC.

It proves more complicated than you thought, right?
    No. It doesn't. The amount of herbs required to make potions has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to what I said.

It's supply and demand like always.

I think the biggest problem with Legion is there is literally too much shit you have to do. You have to grind that AP constantly, gear up, do those world quests, try to max out for serious progression. In previous expansions, there wasn't quite as much work to do and it was more alt friendly.

Until everyone gets their alts leveled, supply will be low and demand will be high while everyone focuses on their mains. Once all that shit dies down, prices will become sane instead of casuals destroying the economy.

Just needs more time. Also the idea of "intended" potion prices is laughable, players can set them to literally anything they want. If you wanted, you could literally form a trade guild with a hundred other auction house nerds and control the economy completely. Set your own prices for all goods, charge whatever you want, and buy out anyone undercutting and relist at the higher price. You can completely dominate the game economy if you have enough money already, and working together with a bunch of other people who have nothing better to do than play auction house all day makes that easy to have that much money.

Fortunately for everyone else, greed tends to make people loners and not want to cooperate or share. As a result, competition drives prices down, down, down and they piss and moan about undercutting when it becomes a buyer's market.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Comparing flowers is a bit confusing, because some Legion weeds drop more and take more to make a potion. It's better to compare the number of nodes you need to pick by comparing the average drop per node with the cost:

Legion: 4 nodes = 1 potion

WoD: 4 nodes = 4 potions

MoP: 4 nodes = 4 potions

Cata: 4 nodes = 4 potions

Wrath: 4 nodes + very cheap Pygmy oil = 4 potions

BC & Classic: 4 nodes ~ 2 potions

Add to this that from BC until MoP you also had flying from the start, so travelling between nodes took a lot less (although this is slightly alleviated by the fact that you can pick herbs from your mount), mobs didn't scale up, so a max level gatherer would worry less about aggro (slightly alleviated by the herbing enchant, although MoP & WoD had equivalents), and often you could pick all of the herbs around the same zone, while in Legion you have to travel between zones as well to pick everything.
    You are right! Thanks for that. However I feel those 4 nodes you mentioned are now ... harder ... to obtain. I have some starlight in a split second but those other 2 nodes are a pain to "farm". Cant even call it farming its winning a lottery evertime i find a foxflower and yes ive tried every part of Highmountain

10+ Year Old Account
    Its because of starlight rose, its so hard to get and can easily go for 200+ for one and you need 7 for just 1 flask and thats every flask. However in 7.1 you can trade blood of sargeras for herbs so that should seriously help the problem since alchemists have no use for blood atm.
    Last edited by Tenris; 2016-09-29 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It doesn't. The amount of herbs required to make potions has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to what I said.
    Time is money friend! If I have to farm way more than previous expansions to make 1 flask, I will charge more for it. If Blizzard nerfs the amount of herbs required in half to make a flask, it will essentially cut the demand for herbs in half. Thus lowering the price for flasks even if the demand for flasks stays the same. Because there will either be a surplus of herbs or there will be more flasks on the AH because it takes less effort to gather resources to craft them. And we all know just how people love to undercut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adanyt View Post
    Time is money friend! If I have to farm way more than previous expansions to make 1 flask, I will charge more for it.
    Of course. And as I said, and as several other people have said so many times before, it's simple supply and demand. The demand is being raised also by the fact that herbs are being sucked into making Azshari Salad (+375 haste food), as well as tons into inscription as it takes quite a lot of pigments to make glyphs. Buying some crafting recipes also takes herbs.

So, yeah... The demand is extremely high, and the supply is low. Simple, simple, simple. Couldn't be simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    You missed the part that even herbing is pain right now.
    It is with a Sky Golem/Mechanized Lumber Extractor
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Yeah I have basically given up on using anything but the Legion Flasks at this point. I just stick to the +1000 intel potions from WoD instead.

On my Server.

Potions are over 2k gold
    Food is 150g
    Augment runes are over 600g

So not even counting the 3k gold flask it costs almost 5k gold per boss attempt.

I didn't play through all of WoD so I "only" have around 400k gold but it's going to easily cost 50-100k for just 3 or 4 hours or raiding. Sure I could switch to herbalism and farm for 3 or 4 hours before each raid but that isn't remotely fun and shouldn't be mandatory in order to perform optimally in raiding now.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Of course. And as I said, and as several other people have said so many times before, it's simple supply and demand. The demand is being raised also by the fact that herbs are being sucked into making Azshari Salad (+375 haste food), as well as tons into inscription as it takes quite a lot of pigments to make glyphs. Buying some crafting recipes also takes herbs.

So, yeah... The demand is extremely high, and the supply is low. Simple, simple, simple. Couldn't be simpler.
    Yeah, but that little bit of 8th grade economy is completely missing the point.

The point is, is it intended for raid consumables to cost this much? This is something Blizzard could have easily anticipated simply by looking at the raw time it takes to collect the needed materials, and they could have adjusted it by lowering the material prices of profession recipes, or making sure at least that rank 3 is not a long-winded lottery, with time sinks and skill checks on the way (as Rank 2 potions require the Suramar mythic dungeons, and only THEN can you start making hundreds of potions praying for rank 3).

The OP asked "Are the prices of potions intended". The potions could have been cheaper without influencing the herb market.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mat requirements will be nerfed soon guaranteed. Prices will drop. For now I'm just making the most of those 200g per starlight rose prices so I can stock up later when content is worth prepotting and flasking for.

Deleted
    You people must be in really shit guilds if they are not willing to help you to obtain flasks and potions for raids.

But the way herbing is set up now with ranks and the amount one picks, or doesn't for rose if not rank 3, is exactly the reason there is a lack of herbs. Also, getting rank 3 is rng. Which also isn't helping matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    Supply / demand I guess. I will probably settle down as LEGION progresses

Z.
    It will settle down once Felwort Rank 3 becomes more common. At least until that method is nerfed. Will be interested to see if that quest can be completed in LFR.

Yeah, crafting really is horrible in this expantion.